THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Front Lights, Gone Super Bright??

03-15-2016, 07:43 AM   #1
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2er

Front Lights, Gone Super Bright??

Hey guys, recently got my car back from panel shop to fix up my mirror covers and stone chip on front bar

Anyway since getting the car back, The cars lights (Night-Time) have become so bright and its very weird, everybody thinks im high-beaming them... Also i was driving infront of my car today just to get a closer look

It's definitely alot brighter, Angel Eyes have become non-existant cant see the car at all its just a full bright light as-if high-beam is on (When its not, the outer-lights are on and the inner lights are high beam?)

-Also did a foglight delete previously along time ago (Pics attached)
--Foglights were tied up behind and were all safe behind the cover etc

could this be possibly the Panel guys stole my awesome BMW bulbs and put some bs in them, or my foglight has broken or something causing the other light to go bright as a sign?

----If thats to long to read----
-Basically, My cars lights have become so damn bright at night for some reason
-Angel eyes non-existant
-Cant even see what car it is if you're infront of opposite direction
-Car lights as bright as bloody high-beam at night
-Could it be panel shop has replaced bulb or switched wiring around whilst doing bumper work or something... or fog light delete (Bulbs etc) were tied behind the cover and they've possibly broken causing my driving lights to go super bright as a warning?

Pic of foglight delete just so people even know what im talking about also.

Please help!

I'll be taking my car into BMW for first service soon so if nobody knows hopefully they can find out what the problem is
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:13 AM   #2
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Assume this is coincidental and unrelated to work done at the panel shop and take it to your local friendly BMW dealership and ask them to check it out.
They'll let you know what's wrong and if anyone has been messing with your lighting system.
      03-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #3
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Banger
Hey guys, recently got my car back from panel shop to fix up my mirror covers and stone chip on front bar

Anyway since getting the car back, The cars lights (Night-Time) have become so bright and its very weird, everybody thinks im high-beaming them... Also i was driving infront of my car today just to get a closer look

It's definitely alot brighter, Angel Eyes have become non-existant cant see the car at all its just a full bright light as-if high-beam is on (When its not, the outer-lights are on and the inner lights are high beam?)

-Also did a foglight delete previously along time ago (Pics attached)
--Foglights were tied up behind and were all safe behind the cover etc

could this be possibly the Panel guys stole my awesome BMW bulbs and put some bs in them, or my foglight has broken or something causing the other light to go bright as a sign?

----If thats to long to read----
-Basically, My cars lights have become so damn bright at night for some reason
-Angel eyes non-existant
-Cant even see what car it is if you're infront of opposite direction
-Car lights as bright as bloody high-beam at night
-Could it be panel shop has replaced bulb or switched wiring around whilst doing bumper work or something... or fog light delete (Bulbs etc) were tied behind the cover and they've possibly broken causing my driving lights to go super bright as a warning?

Pic of foglight delete just so people even know what im talking about also.

Please help!

I'll be taking my car into BMW for first service soon so if nobody knows hopefully they can find out what the problem is
My guess would be the headlights are aimed to high. They probably took the headlights off to do the work and didn't bother to check the aim on the lights when they were done. The headlamps are auto leveling to an extent but the they do need to be aimed first fir the auto leveling to work correctly.

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantdieselx View Post
My guess would be the headlights are aimed to high. They probably took the headlights off to do the work and didn't bother to check the aim on the lights when they were done. The headlamps are auto leveling to an extent but the they do need to be aimed first fir the auto leveling to work correctly.
This. I don't know how body shops can get away with not doing arguably the most important part of the front body repair process.

Use this image:

to get your lights like this:
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:37 PM   #5
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

I believe the halo lighting can be turned on/off while your normal headlights are on via the iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 08:36 AM   #6
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
I believe the halo lighting can be turned on/off while your normal headlights are on via the iDrive.
They are still on its just become non-existant because the lights TOO bright.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 08:37 AM   #7
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
This. I don't know how body shops can get away with not doing arguably the most important part of the front body repair process.

Use this image:

Thanks, But i don't understand this? Please explain what im looking at?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 08:51 AM   #8
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post

Use this image:

Im guessing would probably just have to take my car to BMW and have them re-adjust it and measure properly?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #9
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Banger View Post
Thanks, But i don't understand this? Please explain what im looking at?
Pull your car up to a wall (like in the 2nd pic) , use a screwdriver to adjust the headlights (1st pic) to line up like they are in the 2nd pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Banger View Post
Im guessing would probably just have to take my car to BMW and have them re-adjust it and measure properly?
That would probably be easiest for you, yes.
Appreciate 0