THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum iDrive NBT reboot with MP3 CD playing

08-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

iDrive NBT reboot with MP3 CD playing

I stopped at the bank on the way home from work yesterday then proceeded home. I was listening to music from an MP3 CD the whole time.

As soon as I turned into my driveway, the music stopped and the iDrive display blanked out. At first I thought the engine had stalled, but it hadn't and everything else was running fine (such as the HVAC). Subsequently the iDrive rebooted by itself; it displayed the BMW splash screen and then the music started playing without missing a beat.

It's probably nothing, and I won't even troubleshoot it unless it happens again, but I'm leaving this here in case anyone else runs in to the same situation or already has. I've had similar oddities in previous cars (2006 E90 had satellite radio cut out and wouldn't come back until the car went to sleep; 2012 E70 wouldn't change radio presets while the audio was still playing until the car went to sleep), so I'm chalking this up to the same kind of thing.

This is a 228i without ZTP. 6/2014 build.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
plien69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Had a very similar thing happen to me Wednesday night. Was driving and playing music from the internal HD when all of a sudden the iDrive display showed "BAD SIGNAL" in a very basic red font, and the music stopped playing. After about 5-10 seconds, it rebooted with a splash screen as you described, and everything went back to normal.

M235i with Tech Package. 5/2014 build.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
e90post_user
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

I had that happened to me once as well, I was streaming music via BT.
Appreciate 0