THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Report: BMW M4 GTS and updated 3.0 CSL Hommage are concepts headed to Pebble Beach

07-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #45
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
You don't like the CSL?
Its our template for the harder edge exclusive bookend of BMW M.

More focused performance cars but with the latest progressive innovation such as further lightweight materials ,technology and whisper it eDrive features including eBoost.

You will know a CSL because it will be radically different with special Aeropacket and performance equipment.

Its a revival of what CSL stood for in the past Motorsport with progressive innovation but today for a very progressive future.
Sorry Scott. No matter what kind of corporate spin is attached to the CSL Homage, it's still the ugliest thing ever.

Appreciate 2
      07-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #46
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

M bookend means halo

A more modern, refreshed (harder edge, exclusive) version of the CSL hommage or M models to follow

Here's to the M(1/10/8)

Pee monster - will change mind if there is a V10 hiding in there or it comes in better livery

V10 with two electric turbos
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 12:51 PM   #47
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

flav a flav...
      07-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #48
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
You don't like the CSL?

More focused performance cars but with the latest progressive innovation such as further lightweight materials ,technology and whisper it eDrive features including eBoost.

You will know a CSL because it will be radically different with special Aeropacket and performance equipment.

Its a revival of what CSL stood for in the past Motorsport with progressive innovation but today for a very progressive future.
It looks like a very fast yellow beaver. Is this a new species that was just found in Bavaria?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #49
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfive View Post
Any spy shots of the M4 GTS? Also, though minor, hope they remove that hand brake lever and put an electronic parking brake like other //Ms.
Yeah, the damn thing has been practically hiding in plain sight as the BMW Safety car.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #50
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534
Oh for crying out loud. Everyone wants the M2. Screw this.
Lol
      07-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #51
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Still, if the Hommage is cleaned up in a few areas, would it come in price wise between M4 and M6/i8 costs? Would be an interesting stretch then.

Come on BMW....show us a home run car at Pebble Beach
      07-22-2015, 01:17 PM   #52
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

500ho M4 with other go fast bits.
      07-22-2015, 01:34 PM   #53
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Cool

07-22-2015, 02:04 PM   #54
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
"The car uses a new water injection system to regulate the temperature of its turbocharger; as a result power from the M4’s twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre straight six engine is increased to as much as 467bhp, well up from the standard model’s 425bhp."

467 ? Hm, I assume that it will start with the figure "5" (metric hp).
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11504189...nd-have-500-ps
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...que-94564.html
http://www.autobild.de/marken-modelle/bmw/m4-gts/1/
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/n...s-8625230.html
http://www.leblogauto.com/2015/04/bm...0-chevaux.html
True. With all the effort put into cooling for such a small bump, I'm wondering what's the consequence for all the guys who are running piggybacks on stock cooling equipment?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 02:07 PM   #55
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

The CSL hommage hasn't been received with positive remarks and no way would they produce that unfinished "concept".

It's all part of BMW's madness to keep us on our heels before they reveal the expected....

2011.75 Jet Black E92 ///M3: ZCP|6MT|FR|EVOLVE 600 SUPERCHARGER|DINAN|BBS|VORSTEINER|BMW PERFORMANCE|IND EDITION|TMS|LUX 5K|
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #56
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
You don't like the CSL?
Fix the grossly over-designed fender/hood folds and whatever is happening with the taillights and wing, and I'd like it plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92LNGCGY View Post
Both the current M3 and M4 are due to receive the water injection technology as part of a planned facelift next year.
And what's this all about, then? The M3 already got its facelift, and there was no mention of a water injection system. Previous reports have said that the injection system would be limited to the GTS only. Is this misinformation? Could they be referring to ZCP, perhaps?
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #57
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveillez View Post
I think this is the closest you'll get to the future Production M2.
If that color is available, I'll take it!!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #58
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
And what's this all about, then? The M3 already got its facelift, and there was no mention of a water injection system. Previous reports have said that the injection system would be limited to the GTS only. Is this misinformation? Could they be referring to ZCP, perhaps?
My money is on a misunderstanding or miscommunication. We have heard too much talk about exclusivity for the water injection to trickle down to the normal M3/4. I wouldn't even expect it on the ZCP.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #59
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

If you look at the CSL Homage objectively, it quite stunning in detail form.

Since it is a "BMW Concept" and doesn't look like a current car guys don't like it.

BMW concepts are supposed to shock and "challenge" the viewer to look at objectively.

And objectively as in not the surface one sees, but what they hid in plain sight, one just has to look to see it.

Example, look at the hood of CSL Homage, look past the "wings the go into the front quarter panels and one can see a production hood treatment.

If you take a lot of the oversized parts on it there is something interesting underneath.

Pebble Beach will confirm this.

The updated concept is planned as a sort of "toned down" version that will refine what is already there.

The F82 M4 GTS Concept will be slightly wild, and then the production car will be slightly extreme in appearance in relation to a stock F82 M4 but the improved mechanicals is where they have spent the money.
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #60
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexenkind View Post
A rehashed CSL Hommage? So nothing new... I’m disappointed.
Agree. The term "flogging a dead horse" comes to mind here. Please stop, BMW.

Also, "The hot M4 GTS..." is going to be an extreme niche-within-a-niche car.
Yes, the Monterey crowd are enthusiasts (with money) but an M4 GTS doesn't need hype.
It'll be extremely low-volume, very expensive, and will sell out instantly anyway.
Probably with only a minor effect on BMW M GmbH's bottom line.

Why not tease the M2 the way they teased the M4 in 2013?
Roll out an early production model with a slightly non-stock shade of paint.
Start the hype and set the stage for the official announcement in Frankfurt in September.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #61
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:
You don't like the CSL?

Scott26,
I like everything you have said here: CSL, harder edge, bookend of BMW M, latest progressive innovation, lightweight materials, special aeropacket, and performance equipment. I don't mind the crazy design as I would like a car that stands out with its form and function......it will not be my DD. (Don't pay attention to those content with a typical DD M car) But please expand on whisper eDrive and eBoost. Are you hinting that some hybrid tech may be coming to a new M or CSL?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 02:58 PM   #62
bernpep
BMWCCA member #2429
Rep
Drives: '12M.C.Blue M3, '16 targa 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
Agree. The term "flogging a dead horse" comes to mind here. Please stop, BMW.

Also, "The hot M4 GTS..." is going to be an extreme niche-within-a-niche car.
Yes, the Monterey crowd are enthusiasts (with money) but an M4 GTS doesn't need hype.
It'll be extremely low-volume, very expensive, and will sell out instantly anyway.
Probably with only a minor effect on BMW M GmbH's bottom line.

Why not tease the M2 the way they teased the M4 in 2013?
Roll out an early production model with a slightly non-stock shade of paint.
Start the hype and set the stage for the official announcement in Frankfurt in September.
Yes BMW please stop with the B.S. M4 gts if it even comes to the U.S. will be 140K and very few units. How about giving us enthusiasts a real sports car instead of all the variants of your models. This is why I switched brands. Nothing ever changes with the marque I have supported since 1973. The 2002 Tii remains my favorite and best of all.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #63
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
You don't like the CSL?

Love it bring on the M2 CSL
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #64
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Wow that's quite an interesting image. I honestly wasn't able to read any of this text next to that yellow thing.
Quote:
You don't like the CSL?

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #65
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

It all falls back on a design conversation much earlier...
Attached Images

07-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #66
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
You don't like the CSL?

Hell yes, I cannot wait. August get here now