THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Timing update: M235i / 2 Series revealed next month. World debut Detroit Show in Jan.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #45
BMWseeker
Private
0
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: none
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Why wouldn't it? That's the actual M235i.
I know.., but was still sort of hoping.

The one in the pic seemed a bit conservative. Seemed kind of out of place, comparing with the new 3 series and 4 series, nor does it look like the 1 series. It's just some design

Last edited by BMWseeker; 09-23-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #46
vinny84
Captain
vinny84's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
613
Posts

Drives: 1990 Ferrari 348ts; 2014 320xi
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dallastown, PA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Why wouldn't it? That's the actual M235i.
I know.., but was still sort of hoping.

The one in the pic seemed a bit conservative. Seemed kind of out of place, comparing with the new 3 series and 4 series, nor does it look like the 2 series. It's just some design
Compared to the e82, I think it looks way more aggressive and sporty.

Once we see more pics at different angles and once you see it in person, I'm sure you will change your mind
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #47
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
915
Rep
7,414
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
Compared to the e82, I think it looks way more aggressive and sporty.

Once we see more pics at different angles and once you see it in person, I'm sure you will change your mind
Interesting perspectives, especially from current E82 owners like us.

The E82 styling has grown on me over time, especially the "bulldog" 1M. I didn't have 2 E82s for the styling...I wanted a small car with a big engine...the 2 E92s I had were simply too big for my tastes, so the 1er coupe was the logical choice in the BMW line...

My least favorite thing about the E82 was always the front, but I don't even mind that anymore...the point being was that the 1er was always different than the rest of the lineup, even in quirky ways...

The current M135 shares this type of "difference" with the hideous headlights that thankfully don't appear on the new 2er...but the new 2er to me looks a little...plain...if you will. Very pretty car for sure--but it has lost some of that "difference" and quirkyness...it will be interesting to see it totally unveiled...

EDIT--by the way, when I say "plain", I mean that the "sausages of different lengths" seems to be at work here...the red M235 looks like a shrunken F30, at least to me...and I dont know if I like that or not...perhaps the smaller dimensions with make the duck face more palatable
__________________
Current - 2015 981 Cayman S
Past rides: 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP / 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT / 2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #48
vinny84
Captain
vinny84's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
613
Posts

Drives: 1990 Ferrari 348ts; 2014 320xi
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dallastown, PA

iTrader: (1)

I see where you are coming from. I love my e82, I think the front is the best part as I don't care much for the rear. Still an awesome car that has it's presence when driving down the road, I get looks all the time

From what I've seen so far though, the M235i seems to further progress what the 135i is now, hence the 2 series nomenclature, and with the M badge behind it, it looks as if it's going to live up to its name.

I don't really think it's plain looking. Seems like it's wider, longer, and has a wider mouth at the front. I think it will look a lot better once professional pics surface from different angles.

I'm so looking forward to this car :thumbs up:
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #49
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
915
Rep
7,414
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
I see where you are coming from. I love my e82, I think the front is the best part as I don't care much for the rear. Still an awesome car that has it's presence when driving down the road, I get looks all the time

From what I've seen so far though, the M235i seems to further progress what the 135i is now, hence the 2 series nomenclature, and with the M badge behind it, it looks as if it's going to live up to its name.

I don't really think it's plain looking. Seems like it's wider, longer, and has a wider mouth at the front. I think it will look a lot better once professional pics surface from different angles.

I'm so looking forward to this car :thumbs up:
I am looking forward to it as well--have the deposit down and the dealer allocation already.

I was shocked about how much better I liked my first E82 when I saw it in person the first time. I am hoping its the same with the 2er.
__________________
Current - 2015 981 Cayman S
Past rides: 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP / 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT / 2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #50
GFK007
Lieutenant
82
Rep
505
Posts

Drives: 2014 m235i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Westchester, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I am looking forward to it as well--have the deposit down and the dealer allocation already.

I was shocked about how much better I liked my first E82 when I saw it in person the first time. I am hoping its the same with the 2er.
I stopped by my dealer where I placed my deposit a few days ago. As it stands, they have no firm details on hand.

I was told that "within," the next month to six weeks, they would have info on pricing and option packages.

Just got my notice from BMW NA about my approaching lease expiration. May have to extend the lease a month or two...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #51
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
915
Rep
7,414
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
I stopped by my dealer where I placed my deposit a few days ago. As it stands, they have no firm details on hand.

I was told that "within," the next month to six weeks, they would have info on pricing and option packages.

Just got my notice from BMW NA about my approaching lease expiration. May have to extend the lease a month or two...
I got my notice as well, and know I will have to extend by one month at least, and probably two.

The production number that I have is in "112" status, which means I currently have a spot in line, I just don't know where that spot is yet...I was given roughly the same time table on options, but my SA is thinking that the options currently available for the 135is would be a decent place to hang your hat...

He had no idea about the LED option...my guess is that will be a no for launch, maybe available @ LCI, definitely available if they make the M2
__________________
Current - 2015 981 Cayman S
Past rides: 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP / 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT / 2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #52
michas24
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Jason said October, today is Sep 25th so I hope very soon we can see something. that waiting time is killing me, I don't understand why is taking so long, maybe because BMW want to introduce the M3/M4 first. I think there is many people waiting to see the car.
Can somebody tell us when we can start countdown?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #53
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
915
Rep
7,414
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
So I went back to the original "specs/options" thread and had a look at the options list--does anyone else wonder if 563 could be the LEDs?

I don't mean to beat a not-yet born horse, but I really hope those are available...
__________________
Current - 2015 981 Cayman S
Past rides: 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP / 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT / 2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #54
e85sbm
Snow Wizard
e85sbm's Avatar
Canada
21
Rep
423
Posts

Drives: F10 & E89
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Hopefully Jason or Scott can provide insight about an xDrive variant for the M235i?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #55
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
18130
Rep
18,678
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e85sbm View Post
Hopefully Jason or Scott can provide insight about an xDrive variant for the M235i?
Yes, M235i will come in xDrive.

See the 2 Series prototype VIN search results from earlier this year:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799090
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #56
Kief
Colonel
Kief's Avatar
472
Rep
2,135
Posts

Drives: 2017 F-Type Coupe R
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
So I went back to the original "specs/options" thread and had a look at the options list--does anyone else wonder if 563 could be the LEDs?

I don't mean to beat a not-yet born horse, but I really hope those are available...
It appears 563 is the Extended Interior Light Package (S0563) as it's referenced with the F30:
Extended lighting. Door handle lighting, LED reading lights at the front and rear with ambient lighting, front footwell lights, vanity mirror lighting for driver and front passenger, and LED luggage compartment light.

See Post #11
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768319
__________________
__________________
2017--F-Type Coupe R; 2017--F80 M3 ZCP*; 2016--F-Type Coupe R*; 2015--F15 X535i; 2015--F82 M4 [ED 6/26/14]*; 2015--V60 Polestar (#62:80)*; 2012--E92 335is*; 2011--E70 X5d; 2011--E89 Z435is*;2009--E89 Z435i*; 2008--E92 335i [ED 2/23/08]*; 2007--MkV GTI*; 2006--R53 Cooper S (JCW) 6MT*; 2006--E90 330i*; 2005--E83 X3*; 2004--E83 X3*; 2003--E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #57
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
915
Rep
7,414
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
It appears 563 is the Extended Interior Light Package (S0563) as it's referenced with the F30:
Extended lighting. Door handle lighting, LED reading lights at the front and rear with ambient lighting, front footwell lights, vanity mirror lighting for driver and front passenger, and LED luggage compartment light.

See Post #11
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768319
Yes sir--you are correct, and thanks for the help. I was hoping, but based on the options list, it looks like there won't be any LED headlights at the launch of the 2er...

Oh well--hopefully we at least get to see the finished car soon...
__________________
Current - 2015 981 Cayman S
Past rides: 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP / 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT / 2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #58
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
136
Rep
2,141
Posts

Drives: Mineral/Glacier White
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Yes sir--you are correct, and thanks for the help. I was hoping, but based on the options list, it looks like there won't be any LED headlights at the launch of the 2er...

Oh well--hopefully we at least get to see the finished car soon...
SCOTT26 said that it will be revealed on October 25th and the 2er gran coupe will arrive in 2015

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...=894098&page=4
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #59
Longboarder
Major General
677
Rep
5,366
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW i8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Yes, M235i will come in xDrive.

See the 2 Series prototype VIN search results from earlier this year:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799090
Jason, from what you posted it appears that in the US, we will only get the xDrive auto transmission in the M235i. The Euro version seems to have a RWD and 6MT option. Is this correct?

Thanks.
__________________
Daily: 2016 i8 Chrystal White w/BMW iBlue / Terra World
Airstrip: 2015 991 Turbo S / FBO meth upgraded turbos
Track: 2015 991 GT3 / GT Silver, carbon bucket seats, steel brakes, red accents
Beaterz: 2013 X5 3.5 Sport, 2015 Wrangler Unlimited
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #60
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
18130
Rep
18,678
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Jason, from what you posted it appears that in the US, we will only get the xDrive auto transmission in the M235i. The Euro version seems to have a RWD and 6MT option. Is this correct?

Thanks.
The VIN list only lists prototypes that were found via a VIN search, but doesn't mean that this is the comprehensive list of all models which will come to each particular market.
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #61
Kief
Colonel
Kief's Avatar
472
Rep
2,135
Posts

Drives: 2017 F-Type Coupe R
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika

iTrader: (8)

Tomorrow is October 1st...will we see the online debut???

Actually tomorrow is Sept 30, but you guys get the idea
__________________
__________________
2017--F-Type Coupe R; 2017--F80 M3 ZCP*; 2016--F-Type Coupe R*; 2015--F15 X535i; 2015--F82 M4 [ED 6/26/14]*; 2015--V60 Polestar (#62:80)*; 2012--E92 335is*; 2011--E70 X5d; 2011--E89 Z435is*;2009--E89 Z435i*; 2008--E92 335i [ED 2/23/08]*; 2007--MkV GTI*; 2006--R53 Cooper S (JCW) 6MT*; 2006--E90 330i*; 2005--E83 X3*; 2004--E83 X3*; 2003--E46 325Ci* *retired

Last edited by Kief; 09-30-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #62
Wozich
Private First Class
Wozich's Avatar
Slovenia
31
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: F22 M240i LCI
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Slovenia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
Tomorrow is October 1st...will we see the online debut???
SCOTT26 posted this in one thread :
Quote:
The sportier nature of the new 2er Coupe and how it fits between the 1er , 3er and 4er will be revealed on October 25.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #63
Kief
Colonel
Kief's Avatar
472
Rep
2,135
Posts

Drives: 2017 F-Type Coupe R
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika

iTrader: (8)

Oct 25th...it's going to be a long month
__________________
__________________
2017--F-Type Coupe R; 2017--F80 M3 ZCP*; 2016--F-Type Coupe R*; 2015--F15 X535i; 2015--F82 M4 [ED 6/26/14]*; 2015--V60 Polestar (#62:80)*; 2012--E92 335is*; 2011--E70 X5d; 2011--E89 Z435is*;2009--E89 Z435i*; 2008--E92 335i [ED 2/23/08]*; 2007--MkV GTI*; 2006--R53 Cooper S (JCW) 6MT*; 2006--E90 330i*; 2005--E83 X3*; 2004--E83 X3*; 2003--E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #64
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
915
Rep
7,414
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
Oct 25th...it's going to be a long month
Sigh. Yes - Jason had hinted at something quicker than that. So BMW unveil it and then start making it a week later....still think this schedule makes little to no sense
__________________
Current - 2015 981 Cayman S
Past rides: 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP / 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT / 2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #65
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
812
Rep
4,693
Posts

Drives: L'Orange
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [4.62]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
Oct 25th...it's going to be a long month
i'm sure it'll leak before that. EVERYTHING leaks
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #66
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
915
Rep
7,414
Posts

Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP/DUC M1200S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
i'm sure it'll leak before that. EVERYTHING leaks
That would be great - just to see more complete pics of the damn thing - we haven't had Jack since the red car pics came out
__________________
Current - 2015 981 Cayman S
Past rides: 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP / 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT / 2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2 series convertible, 2 series coupe, 2 series gran coupe, 2-series forum, 2-series forums, 2014 2 series coupe, 2014 2-series, 2014 bmw 2 series, 2014 bmw 2 series coupe, 2015 2 series convertible, 2015 2-series, 2015 bmw 2 series, 2015 bmw 2 series coupe, 228i coupe, 228i forum, 228i forums, 235i coupe, bmw 2 series, bmw 2 series convertible, bmw 2 series coupe, bmw 2 series forums, bmw 2 series gran coupe, bmw 2-series forum, bmw 228i, bmw 228i coupe, bmw 228i forum, bmw 228i forums, bmw 235i coupe, bmw f22, bmw f22 forum, bmw f22 forums, bmw f23, bmw f23 forum, bmw f23 forums, bmw f24, bmw f26, bmw m2 forum, bmw m2 forums, bmw m235i, bmw m235i coupe, bmw m235i forum, bmw m235i forums, f22 228i, f22 235i, f22 forum, f22 forums, f23 forum, f23 forums, m2 forum, m2 forums, m235i, m235i coupe, m235i forum, m235i forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 PM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST