THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions A question for Geeks about Subscribed Threads

04-19-2015, 09:02 AM   #1
Big Fred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i and i8

A question for Geeks about Subscribed Threads

This is a trivial question but I'm just OCD enough to ask it:

Do any of you subscribe to various threads? If so, there is a page where you can go to peruse your subscribed threads and on the left-hand side of the viewing pane, there is sometimes a blue vertical line, sometimes not. There is also a legend at the bottom of the page which, I presume, is supposed to help one decode the colors, lines and other various indicators. (See photo below where the top few threads of my subscribed threads have a blue bar on the left hand side of the thread but the bottom two do not.)

Here's my (stupid) issue: I don't get what exactly the blue bar means. You would THINK it means that there are "New posts" in the tread based on the legend at the bottom of the page, but when I click on and look at the thread (and thus, I would think, make it so that any posts in it are no longer "new"), the blue line is still there.

Can anyone make a blue line on one of their subscribed threads either go away or appear? Maybe then someone could tell me how it works. Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fred
This is a trivial question but I'm just OCD enough to ask it:

Do any of you subscribe to various threads? If so, there is a page where you can go to peruse your subscribed threads and on the left-hand side of the viewing pane, there is sometimes a blue vertical line, sometimes not. There is also a legend at the bottom of the page which, I presume, is supposed to help one decode the colors, lines and other various indicators. (See photo below where the top few threads of my subscribed threads have a blue bar on the left hand side of the thread but the bottom two do not.)

Here's my (stupid) issue: I don't get what exactly the blue bar means. You would THINK it means that there are "New posts" in the tread based on the legend at the bottom of the page, but when I click on and look at the thread (and thus, I would think, make it so that any posts in it are no longer "new"), the blue line is still there.

Can anyone make a blue line on one of their subscribed threads either go away or appear? Maybe then someone could tell me how it works. Thanks.
The blue lines means you are a participant in the thread

If the thread title is bolded that means there is a new post
      04-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
Big Fred
Private
United_States
Rep

Apptest:
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 05:18 AM   #4
mrbubba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325 M Sport

How do you look at your subscribed threads?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 06:03 AM   #5
Big Fred
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubba View Post
How do you look at your subscribed threads?

You need to be able to see your name in the upper lefthand corner to insure that you're properly logged in so that you can see articles that you've subscribed to (if any).

At the upper righthand side of screen (near the front bumper of the i3) you'll see several drop-down menus. "Quick Links" is the second one from the right. Click that one. When it drops down, go to the third one from the bottom and select "Subscribed threads."

Boom!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
mrbubba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325 M Sport

Cheers for that, mine defaults to the mobile browser, switched to desktop and it's there
Appreciate 0