THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Ten Best Looking Cars under $35,000

07-03-2015, 05:37 AM   #23
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Nick! Glad to see you in here. No I haven't tried it. I get the P21S from Fred's in Graf. ?18. Lasts for like 10 washes. You coming Sunday to Hockenheimring with us?

Steve
Sent you a message on FB Steve.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #24
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Word.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2015, 12:15 AM   #25
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
I've always been a coupe man, and have found VERY few 4 doors attractive. I'd rather have a 5-door hatchback. The gran coupe idea to me is an oxymoron. If I wanted 4 doors, I'd get a 3-series. It's not that a gran coupe or a VW CC or any other type cars are ugly, but they physically can't beat the lines of a true 2-door coupe. However, to be fair, I do like the looks of the Audi A7/S7, and the new Alfa Romeo Giulia which looks pretty attractive as well. (Of course, there really aren't any ugly Alfas)(now that I said that, I'm sure someone will find an ugly one out there from its past).
I'm with you, I don't "get" the 4GC.
Really, what's the point?
It's shaped and styled like the 3 series sedan and it has some of the chassis tuning and questionably "nicer" interior or the 4 coupe.

What a waste of time engineering and creating the GC.
Does it look better than the 3? Not really. It's just a bit different using those front fender side vents.
I did see on today in all black with these interesting black wheels with the outer edge of the spokes in red, but the calipers were Msport blue.
Looked interesting but nothing fantastic.
The GC could have easily been the 2016 LCI for the 3 series.
And you pay more for it and get what more? Nothing from what I can tell other some cosmetics.

I don't want to knock anyone who gets the GC because it is a slightly different option to a 4 door 3 series, but you're not getting something really dramatically different. It's not ugly at all, but that's not the point.
The point is...what is the point of it?

BMW needs to spend more time correcting their sport suspension and chassis tuning along with the steering that really needs not filter out so much of what's going on at the front end.
BMW claim that they have addressed a number of sport driving aspects on the LCI 3, pretty much all the things everyone has complained about including the automotive press.
Does the GC handle better then the F30? Is the suspension and steering tuned to give better sport performance and feel?
It'll be interesting to read a comparison of the GC to the new LCI 3 series.
The two variants are so similar I'd like to know if there are any differences in over all performance.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 11:09 AM   #26
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
I've always been a coupe man, and have found VERY few 4 doors attractive. I'd rather have a 5-door hatchback. The gran coupe idea to me is an oxymoron. If I wanted 4 doors, I'd get a 3-series. It's not that a gran coupe or a VW CC or any other type cars are ugly, but they physically can't beat the lines of a true 2-door coupe. However, to be fair, I do like the looks of the Audi A7/S7, and the new Alfa Romeo Giulia which looks pretty attractive as well. (Of course, there really aren't any ugly Alfas)(now that I said that, I'm sure someone will find an ugly one out there from its past).
The 4GC is a 5-door hatchback. I'd buy it over the 3 sedan for that reason alone, but I would buy the 3 wagon before either of them. Though ultimately, I won't buy either one since I can't get a stickshift in the US. BMW's loss. I'll just have to settle for an M235i.

For an ugly Alfa, google the SZ. But it really just makes the rest of them look even better.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0