THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning DME fried due to bad valvetronic

07-11-2023, 02:47 PM   #1
Nertn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i stage 3

DME fried due to bad valvetronic

Hello guys,

Ive rebuilt my engine on m235i n55 , after completing and putting it all back together i made some big mistakes

1. I didnt charge battery properly so when i plugged in the negative battery terminal valvetronic motor started to make bad noises such as bad doorlock. I knew i fucked him up.

2. Second problem is I plugged the dme harness incorrectly, I switched the first two main cables with each other and then I started to crank the engine with no injectors plugged in.

So I think either bad valvetronic motor or incorrectly plugged harness may fucked up the dme. After scanning codes with ista there is a lot of b+ shorts , disconnecting valvetronic motor doesn’t help, it only goes away if I unplug one of the dme harness.
2 pics attached show the exact codes I get.

Now I installed new valvetronic motor and waiting for used dme to be cloned. My question is if it could damage something else other than dme . Harness or anything else , thanks for tips. I checked all of the pins when I found out that the harness was connected improperly , but it seems nothing was damaged.

Dme is giving some weird signals to sensors , cause when i press ignition on with this dme , it’s randomly triggering vanos solenoids - just ticking , some whine from turbo and so on. So I guess it must be fried really badly, weird thing is the engine is able to crank and even starts up, but immediately dies.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0