BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Production Volume Prediction

04-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #45
abp689
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi Wagon,330ZHP, 318Ti (MT)

Local dealer here stated it would be MSRP.

What is a typical wait time before ED would be offered on new M's - 6 months?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 09:28 PM   #46
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by abp689 View Post
Local dealer here stated it would be MSRP.

What is a typical wait time before ED would be offered on new M's - 6 months?
The retail launch of the F8x was 6/21/14.

The Bimmerpost group ED picked up their cars on 6/23/14.

I expect the group ED for the M2 to be sometime in March of 2016.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:08 AM   #47
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
I will be so let down if that's the case. RS3 here I come I guess.
I don't expect the M2 to be anywhere as limited as the 1M, but what makes you think the RS3 will be all that different? That will also be a decently rare car IMO.

If you don't have the patience to wait for these cars (GT350 included), you'll probably have to pay MSRP. Otherwise, you'll just to wait until prices settle. Keep in mind that mot many of us will pay markup
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #48
Dboyz321
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Dealers usually know less than everyone on this thread. The 1M was at the end of the life cycle of the 1 series whereas the M2 is being introduced two years into a 7 year life cycle. What are they going to do in year 4-7 just give the sales to the competition.
Agree. Both dealers I've talked to have no idea about the release date or any info about the car, they do try to sell me a 235i though.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:25 PM   #49
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Dealers usually know less than everyone on this thread. The 1M was at the end of the life cycle of the 1 series whereas the M2 is being introduced two years into a 7 year life cycle. What are they going to do in year 4-7 just give the sales to the competition.
I always find it amusing when I read that "the dealer" said this or the dealer said that...as if the dealership was an actual person.

Truth is, in a dealership as in any other business there are the professionals and there are the knuckleheads. You, Kind Sir, spoke with a knucklehead.

Production starts 11/15. We will see them in the U.S. 6-8 weeks later. There is no artificially imposed production limitation.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:26 PM   #50
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyz321 View Post
Agree. Both dealers I've talked to have no idea about the release date or any info about the car, they do try to sell me a 235i though.
See above
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #51
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid View Post
The retail launch of the F8x was 6/21/14.

The Bimmerpost group ED picked up their cars on 6/23/14.

I expect the group ED for the M2 to be sometime in March of 2016.
They lift the winter tire requirement in March or April right? I'd expect the group ED to be shortly after. I'd expect the first M2s to reach the US for non-ED probably in January.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 09:27 PM   #52
abp689
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi Wagon,330ZHP, 318Ti (MT)

Originally Posted by Reid The retail launch of the F8x was 6/21/14. The Bimmerpost group ED picked up their cars on 6/23/14.I expect the group ED for the M2 to be sometime in March of 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
They lift the winter tire requirement in March or April right? I'd expect the group ED to be shortly after. I'd expect the first M2s to reach the US for non-ED probably in January.
Is the bimmerpost group ED already established for the M2; do you enter a lottery?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 01:28 AM   #53
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I doubt any of us could make an educated guess but I will predict that they will make enough for everyone who wants to buy one. The predictions of 1,000 a year are not likely because it would be tough to make a business case for the development of such a low volume car, I could be wrong but when you see them selling 7,000 3 and 4 series in the US in a single month I would think that 1,000 M2s for a year are not likely. Interestingly enough the numbers they report the the industry don't break out M4s or M3s from the regular models so we may never really know exact sales numbers.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 05:07 AM   #54
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
One is required to drive with winter tires in Germany when conditions require it. The German rule of thumb for when winter tires is needed is "von Oktober bis Ostern" (from October to Easter), but again, it depends on weather conditions.

In Austria, winter tires are mandatory between 1 November and 15 April.

The first M2 launch date is March of 2016, so the cars should arrive at dealers stateside shortly before that time. The cars should be in consumers' hands at nearly the same time for both stateside and European deliveries.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 05:19 AM   #55
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
One is required to drive with winter tires in Germany when conditions require it. The German rule of thumb for when winter tires is needed is "von Oktober bis Ostern" (from October to Easter), but again, it depends on weather conditions.

In Austria, winter tires are mandatory between 1 November and 15 April.

The first M2 launch date is March of 2016, so the cars should arrive at dealers stateside shortly before that time. The cars should be in consumers' hands at nearly the same time for both stateside and European deliveries.
Are you predicting that launch date or is that more or less concrete? That would be new info that I haven't seen before. And since you were so involved with the ED group last time, I'd tend to believe you.

While I would absolutely love to do a mass ED with everyone, I'm probably just going to have to a normal delivery unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 05:22 AM   #56
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Are you predicting that launch date or is that more or less concrete? That would be new info that I haven't seen before.
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1014080

Quote:
While I would absolutely love to do a mass ED with everyone, I'm probably just going to have to a normal delivery unfortunately
Even if you don't participate in the mass ED, I highly recommend a European delivery. After doing one European delivery, I feel like I missed out on the stateside delivery of all previous BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 05:28 AM   #57
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1014080

Even if you don't participate in the mass ED, I highly recommend a European delivery. After doing one European delivery, I feel like I missed out on the stateside delivery of all previous BMW's.
Ah I see. That's actually an old thread. The SOP is in Nov 2015 for US cars as well, unless I missed something.

I definitely hear you on the ED. This would be my first (and probably last) new car purchase, so ED would be the icing on the cake. But I've got too many trips planned in the next few years and just don't have time or enough vacation left. Having read so many ED threads though, last time I was in Germany, I did all the same things that most people did (Stelvio Pass, Ring, Porsche museum, Salzburg ect ect). The reason I'd really want to go would be to take delivery with all the other M2 enthusiasts!
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2015, 05:39 AM   #58
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ah I see. That's actually an old thread. The SOP is in Nov 2015 for US cars as well, unless I missed something.
Yes, SOP is supposedly 11/15 for all markets. This puts the release date around 03/16.

Quote:
I definitely hear you on the ED. This would be my first (and probably last) new car purchase, so ED would be the icing on the cake. But I've got too many trips planned in the next few years and just don't have time or enough vacation left. Having read so many ED threads though, last time I was in Germany, I did all the same things that most people did (Stelvio Pass, Ring, Porsche museum, Salzburg ect ect). The reason I'd really want to go would be to take delivery with all the other M2 enthusiasts!
Cancel one of the other trips, call in sick, etc. Do whatever you need to do to pickup the car in Germany. If you're only ever planning to purchase one new BMW in your lifetime, you have to do it right.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 05:41 AM   #59
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Quote:
If this 10k figure is true, that's gotta be total. There's no way they are pumping 10k M2 out per year.

Don't know what to believe though. Lots of info coming out that just make no sense
They made over 6,000 1Ms in what...9 months or so? 10,000 total over 3 years seems low.
it won't be that low. it will be 10k per year. The M2 will definitely have higher production figures than the 1M did.

And to those of you freaking out....don't. There were LOTS of 1Ms sold at MSRP....and they were impossible to find when they first came out....so quit panicking and man up! lol
Appreciate 0