THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning CTS Turbo N55 Intake Install/Performance Review

03-09-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
lazymman345
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M235i

CTS Turbo N55 Intake Install/Performance Review

Hey guys, totally new to the world of modding cars and such so I thought some of you might be interested on a review of the install/performance of the CTS Intake.

Ordering: Ordered the part from Mike @ x-ph.com and am pretty happy with the service. The price was very good due to a sale and the shipping was fast. Ordered on thursday and received the following tuesday.

Install: As someone who's only other performance mod ever has been the dinan sport tuner, i have to say this install was pretty infuriating. I ended up accidentally breaking one of the clips on the breather valve because I used pliers as I couldnt get it off with my fingers.I also found it much easier to remove the entire MAF and insert into the new MAF housing, instead of disconnecting the cable and then removing the torx screws. The instructions also didn't specify to put the U bracket onto the heat shield beforing installing the heat shield into the car. This caused me to lose one of the nuts for the 10mm screws.

I also found it quite hard to install the new intake tube(?), the part with the CTS logo on it, into the previous housing, it was hard to get it really far in and snug. Finally I was able to get everything to fit and lineup correctly tho.

Perfromance: I could immediaetly hear the difference and I would say at times if I am not llistening to music the intake sounds are almost too loud. I also think that the turbo does spool up faster.

All in all, I am definitely happy with the purchase and would definitely do it over again.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
JP's M2xx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i x drive conv

Thanks for the review. It seems like no one is carrying this part for our cars anymore...not sure what happened??
Appreciate 0