THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum In the market for M235i - Could use some wisdom/advice!

03-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #23
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

If you are already going to replace the wheels and spoiler, then the curbing isn't even a factor (IF there isn't more underlying damage). You NEED a PPI for this, not just a dealer 'inspection'. And I can't figure how you can live 7 wks in a rental, and are specific about color, but won't drive more than 200 miles to check one out. You can arrange a PPI before you drive out to buy it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 07:49 PM   #24
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

If possible, I would ask the dealer/seller to provide a readout of some sort that would tell you whether the car has has been tuned or not. Then, I'd get a PPI lined up with a mechanic of your choice, and be sure to have them take a paint meter to it as well so you know if it has had any type of body work. Lastly, and I know it sounds crazy, but go find a new one and smell the interior. It has a very distinct odor to it. If the one you are looking at has heavy deodorizer smells or has any funny smells that deviate too far from what the new one smelled like, I'd run the other way. If it hasn't been in a wreck or under water, there's not much that can't be repaired or replaced to make it 100%.