THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack M2 wheels

09-13-2016, 06:02 PM   #1
ghaffari46
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 e90

M2 wheels

I guess m2 wheels don't fit m235, has anyone come across something look like m2 wheels which fit m235 xdrive?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Here you go!

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1282856
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 03:46 AM   #3
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I ordered these back in August. Had them machined to et39 for the front 8.5x19s and et44 for the rear 9.5x19s. They look good from a distance, but I'm bothered by the lack of quality control on them honestly. Had some defects that I'm working with them to get a resolution (being in Germany at the moment doesn't help with replacements so working on a credit of some sort).

Honestly, if I were to buy a set knowing what I know now, I'd go with the company in France that sells these replicas in 19x8et35 and 19x9et47. I think would be a better fit when using 235/35 and 265/30 setup. Just my .02
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #4
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
I ordered these back in August. Had them machined to et39 for the front 8.5x19s and et44 for the rear 9.5x19s. They look good from a distance, but I'm bothered by the lack of quality control on them honestly. Had some defects that I'm working with them to get a resolution (being in Germany at the moment doesn't help with replacements so working on a credit of some sort).

Honestly, if I were to buy a set knowing what I know now, I'd go with the company in France that sells these replicas in 19x8et35 and 19x9et47. I think would be a better fit when using 235/35 and 265/30 setup. Just my .02
So what defects came with the wheel and what seller in France has the same option? OEM Concepts is the only one I can find in CONUS for this replica wheel.
      09-16-2016, 09:47 AM   #5
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698 View Post
So what defects came with the wheel and what seller in France has the same option? OEM Concepts is the only one I can find in CONUS for this replica wheel.
http://www.rscardesign.fr/jantes/bmw...9-et-9x19.html

On one of the 9.5s, there is a spot that looks like there was curb rash and black paint overspray on one of the brushes spokes. On one of the 8.5s there is a chip in the black on one of the spokes so you can see white. And the other 9.5 has some slight spots in the. Rushed face as well as a circle in the black paint where something was stuck right after the paint process and fell off. Also they all were scratched on the back lip where the outsourced company put them on the ground during the shaving process. Also (not a big deal for me) all of the wheels didn't have the lug but holes completely painted, might be a problem for some people. It wouldn't be seen when they were mounted. Anthony who works at OEMConcepts has provided great customer service for me, but these wheels imo have questionable QC (don't think they're designed by OEMConcepts anyways).
Attached Images

Last edited by Joe240; 09-16-2016 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 09:58 AM   #6
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Like I said, if you're standing back and looking at them from a reasonable difference, say 5 ft you don't notice the stuff very much unless it's pointed out. But if you're up close then it's blatantly obvious it's there.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 09:58 AM   #7
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
http://www.rscardesign.fr/jantes/bmw...9-et-9x19.html

On one of the 9.5s, there is a spot that looks like there was curb rash and black paint overspray on one of the brushes spokes. On one of the 8.5s there is a chip in the black on one of the spokes so you can see white. And the other 9.5 has some slight spots in the. Rushed face as well as a circle in the black paint where something was stuck right after the paint process and fell off. Also they all were scratched on the back lip where the outsourced company put them on the ground during the shaving process. Also (not a big deal for me) all of the wheels didn't have the lug but holes completely painted, might be a problem for some people. It wouldn't be seen when they were mounted. Anthony who works at OEMConcepts has provided great customer service for me, but these wheels imo have questionable QC (don't think they're designed by OEMConcepts anyways).
Good to know and look for, since I want a set of these as well as soon as I can convince the Mrs I need them. Other than distance from the US/CAN, is there another reason you wanted to go with the France solution? Better reviews, or is it proximity for fixing?

Any pics with them mounted or are you still resolving issues before mounting?
      09-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #8
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good to know and look for, since I want a set of these as well as soon as I can convince the Mrs I need them. Other than distance from the US/CAN, is there another reason you wanted to go with the France solution? Better reviews, or is it proximity for fixing?

I wanted a little more aggressive offsets so that there'd be less poke (if at all) and was aiming for the Dinan offsets they have on the BBS wheels. This way I knew I would clear the fenders if I lowered in the future, though I don't plan on it. They run 19x8et45 and 19x9et48. My understanding with those wheels you just need a 5mm spacer for the front to clear the suspension, the back is fine. Going with the set from France they'd be 8 and 9 inch wheels (vs these current ones at 8.5 and 9.5) and the front offset is 35 and the rear is 47. shave the fronts 4-5mm and you wouldn't need to run a spacer at all, the rears are good how they are. With this setup you can run 235/265 without issues.

This guy here has the ones from France: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1296603
Says he has no rubbing and no poke.

This guy here is running very similar offsets to what I am and he says he has minimal poke, but no rubbing at all: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1225277

I'm 4mm further in though in the front and in the rear, and he's running Michelin PSS which run wide as well compared to the Continental DWS06 that I'm going to be running. Also, using these parameters I measured out on a 235 in the showroom (still waiting on my car, it'll be ready for delivery next week sometime), http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1289006 , from a stock staggered setup I was able to figure the et39 front and et44 rear would still clear the suspension with minimal poke in the rear.

As mentioned above, car hasn't been delivered yet (has to clear German customs before I can take delivery as an American Citizen stationed here). Hoping mid to late next week. I also was waiting on what decision they were gonna do for the issue, but heard they want to do a credit so I'm gonna get the tires mounted so they're ready when I take delivery. Will be taking pictures with my level to show how much poke everything has once it's mounted.

By all means, take my situation with a grain of salt. People on here have these wheels from OEMConcepts and have had no issues with them. Anthony also said he hasn't had any issues with them either so I'm assuming mine are just those few that slip through QC (not to mention the chip could've happened during the shaving process). Just find it hard that the other stuff happened during the shaving process because the spots don't come off, the curb rash look is smooth to the touch like it was clear coated, and same thing with the black paint on the spoke.

Another thing is that shipping from CA to Germany was $600 alone, more than half the cost of the wheels themselves, and UPS is fighting me about paying the duties and taxes or helping them get their money back from German Customs because I provided a form on delivery showing I don't pay taxes because of my AD status with the military. They aren't wanting to do the leg work of providing that to German Customs with everything else that they already have so they can get their 1k euros back that they payed to get it out of customs so they could deliver it to me. (yes, German customs said the import fees were 1060 euro and UPS paid it, but I called the central customs office and they said it should've only been 4.5% of the total invoice cost + 19% of the value of the package. Should've only been 300 euro tops). Gonna email UPS everything again, but I'm not driving to Koln (3 hour drive one way) to help them get their money back like they want me to do.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 11:37 AM   #9
TACP
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235I xDrive

Alright so I am by no means a mechanical person... Now that it's clear I have a few questions. I just ordered some non-staggered tires for the winter. Ordered them from Tirerack. They delivered them with the tires on the wheels and the sensor thingy that reads the tire pressure for. Is there a special way to attach the tire pressure reader or does it just work after putting the tires on? Also, what is the torque setting for the nuts on the wheels? For a M235

Last edited by TACP; 09-16-2016 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 12:00 PM   #10
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACP View Post
Alright so I am by no means a mechanical person... Now that it's clear I have a few questions. I just ordered some non-staggered tires for the winter. Ordered them from Tirerack. They delivered them with the tires on the wheels and the sensor thingy that reads the tire pressure for. Is there a special way to attach the tire pressure reader or does it just work after putting the tires on? Also, what is the torque setting for the nuts on the wheels? For a M235
105 ft-lbs according to service. For the TPMS you just mount the wheels, go into iDrive and settings to the tire pressure, reset it in there and then drive. It relearns the sensors in each wheel after roughly 50 miles.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #11
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Just put everything on this morning. Got the wiring ran for the dash camera this evening, gonna finish wiring it in the morning. Poke isn't as bad as I thought it might be. Still a decent amount of space on the inside for the rear, but the front is cutting it close. No rubbing at all though (took speed bumps slow though because of the lip). Overall, very happy with the stance of the car. The wider tires make a very nice addition to the car handling. Going with 225f 255r would've made the poke less since both of the tires poke ever so slightly more than the wheel, but it would've only been like 2mm difference it looks like.

Again, this is 235/35 19x8.5et39 fronts, 265/30 19x9.5et44 rears. The front have about 6mm of poke and the rear is about 10-14mm (can't remember at the moment, I'll have to re-measure).
Attached Images

Last edited by Joe240; 09-24-2016 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 01:02 PM   #12
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Sorry - but too much poke and a great way to ruin a brand new 240i

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #13
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Sorry - but too much poke and a great way to ruin a brand new 240i
To each their own, but I respect your opinion.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 07:24 PM   #14
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To each their own, but I respect your opinion.
I'm surprised the et44 in the rear pokes so much. OEM said they can even bore it down to 40 for more poke. You sure you got the 44 and not the 40?

Love the wheels on the EB, same color as my own, and confirms how good they look with the color combo!
      09-25-2016, 12:24 AM   #15
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm surprised the et44 in the rear pokes so much. OEM said they can even bore it down to 40 for more poke. You sure you got the 44 and not the 40?

Love the wheels on the EB, same color as my own, and confirms how good they look with the color combo!
Well if they aren't et44 then I want my $50. I didn't think et44 was gonna poke so much either. Might take the backs off just to measure up the wheels and the offsets.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 03:24 AM   #16
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

9" wide ET44mm is about flush so 9.5" same offset will poke. 9.5" ET50mm is flush IIRC

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 03:52 AM   #17
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
9" wide ET44mm is about flush so 9.5" same offset will poke. 9.5" ET50mm is flush IIRC
if 9et44 is flush and there's ~25mm per inch, that's 12.5mm more on the 9.5" so I'd assume 9.5et50 would still have some poke. There's still probably about 5mm or so free on the back of mine, but et44 was the most they did for these wheels. I think that the poke is actually less than the 10-14mm I originally posted. Reason being is my drive way is pavers so it's not the most level, so where it might be compressed on the right side, the left hangs lower which would mean more poke. I haven't remeasured on a level area yet to confirm but I plan on doing it within the next week.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 12:41 PM   #18
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

In the picture below, the fitment looks pretty much perfect without any visible poke. The close up pics with the level show a lot of poke. Were those pics taken during installation just after you lowered the car back down? That's what it looks like tbh.

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 01:36 PM   #19
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEMconcept View Post
In the picture below, the fitment looks pretty much perfect without any visible poke. The close up pics with the level show a lot of poke. Were those pics taken during installation just after you lowered the car back down? That's what it looks like tbh.

No the car was on the ground already. I had only done the left side though when I took the picture with the levels. Like I said before though, my driveway is all pavers and it's not the most level thing. The picture from behind can also be from a specific angle. I'm gonna measure up all four corners this week on base where I have level ground. This way we will have no doubt about anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #20
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

OEM - is this the et40 or et44 offset in the rear? If it is the 40 (most aggressive), I assume that leaving it at 44 would pull it in a bit, but does it still clear the rear brakes/suspension?
      09-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #21
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
No the car was on the ground already. I had only done the left side though when I took the picture with the levels. Like I said before though, my driveway is all pavers and it's not the most level thing. The picture from behind can also be from a specific angle. I'm gonna measure up all four corners this week on base where I have level ground. This way we will have no doubt about anything.

SO I presume that the car was just lowered and not driven on?? Usually when you jack up a car and install wheels and lower the jack, the wheel is not sitting in it's final position. It must be rolled on for at lest 4-6 feet for the suspension to get back in it's original position. The difference in camber between the two positions can be enough to make the wheel look either poking or fitting properly. We see it on every install so it's a very common thing.

Quote:
OEM - is this the et40 or et44 offset in the rear? If it is the 40 (most aggressive), I assume that leaving it at 44 would pull it in a bit, but does it still clear the rear brakes/suspension?
These are the ET44. We take the ET40's and shave them down 4mm to achieve the ET44 spec.
Appreciate 1
Joe2402923.50
      09-27-2016, 12:18 AM   #22
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
SO I presume that the car was just lowered and not driven on?? Usually when you jack up a car and install wheels and lower the jack, the wheel is not sitting in it's final position. It must be rolled on for at lest 4-6 feet for the suspension to get back in it's original position. The difference in camber between the two positions can be enough to make the wheel look either poking or fitting properly. We see it on every install so it's a very common thing.
That is correct, I had just lowered it and didn't move at all when I did those pictures. I'm sure there were many factors against me when I posted the original picture Wife has the car today, so I'll do the measurements tomorrow when I have the car again and then post up the measurements. They've had about 90 miles put on them now (couple of hard corners as well) with no rubbing and yes, these et44 clear the brakes and suspension just perfectly. The fronts come close to the suspension, but still no rubbing under normal or spirited driving (et39 shaved from the et35 set).
Appreciate 0