THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Navigation activation code - how do you obtain?

04-29-2024, 07:34 AM   #1
LivNLearn
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive 1997 Z3

Navigation activation code - how do you obtain?

The dealership that I bought by 2016 M235i F23 from in December of 2024 replaced the head unit in my car for the third time in four months with a refurbished unit and forgot to activate navigation on it. I've had multiple very negative experiences with this dealership, this time them not activating the head unit, telling me that my new aftermarket wheels and tires are bad and also putting three scratches down the passenger door.

I understand that dealerships combine the VIN and radio ID to come up with the 20 character activation code. Is there any way to obtain this code by calling BMW corporate or possibly another dealership? I paid BMW for the map updates so I'm legal to have them. After this last visit where the dealership scratched the paint on my car I absolutely refuse to return to this dealership.

Thanks for any and all input.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 02:09 PM   #2
LivNLearn
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive 1997 Z3

The dealer emailed me the activation code so I no longer need this information.
Appreciate 0