THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Installed painted reflectors on M240i w/park sensors

03-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #1
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Installed painted reflectors on M240i w/park sensors

I bailed on my first attempt to install IND painted reflectors yesterday due to the parking sensor obstacle. I regrouped and attacked it with a little strategy today. I used some angled needle nose pliers, tied back the liner for easier access and put some light on the subject. I used the pliers on the top tabs to get the top of the reflector free and just gently pulled the reflector down and out until the bottom popped out. The parking sensor makes getting on the bottom tabs very difficult, I'm glad I didn't need to. I broke one top tab by squeezing too hard with the pliers, a small price to get 'er done. Love the cleaner look! Anyway, thought I'd share what worked for me since this was a little pain in the ass at first.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
F22_Matt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 240i

Nice work thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 1
Denk1006.00