THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2 Series Owners Manual

03-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Post 2 Series Owners Manual

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Not sure where I saw the thread that folks were asking, but here you go - the 2 Series Owner's Manual.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 8.40.56 AM.jpg
Views: 27276
Size:  53.4 KB
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2 Series Coupe Owners Manual.pdf (6.21 MB, 19179 views)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
Deso
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB MT

Thanks! This will help pass 2 hours of the next 6 weeks waiting for mine to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
1Mike1
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport

Thank you. I will now read this semi-religiously on the toilet.

Just being honest.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I was looking for info on the driving assist plus. Looks like the 2 actually gets vehicle collision detection. Not really exciting except that my insurance would probably pay for that option...not the tech pkg that it requires though.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #5
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
I was looking for info on the driving assist plus. Looks like the 2 actually gets vehicle collision detection. Not really exciting except that my insurance would probably pay for that option...not the tech pkg that it requires though.
I just recently switched insurance companies. I don't remember them asking for this info. Do you just tell them that your car is equipped with advanced safety equipment and negotiate a lower premium?

Last edited by lichenlt; 03-27-2014 at 01:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #6
Dr. Indiana Jones
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Not sure where I saw the thread that folks were asking, but here you go.
Impressive find... thx for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #7
buumer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: EB M235i

Quote:
Is this the full brake one or just a warning? Really sucks that this is rolled into almost 4k of options. One also has to wonder how a 2014 BMW can't even be optioned with adaptive cruise control. This stuff made its way to the cheapest subarus...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #8
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buumer
Quote:
Is this the full brake one or just a warning? Really sucks that this is rolled into almost 4k of options. One also has to wonder how a 2014 BMW can't even be optioned with adaptive cruise control. This stuff made its way to the cheapest subarus...
Or electric seats or keyless start as standard.
      03-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
M.barnes
Captain
Rep
Drives: 123d

2 series does have keyless start as standard
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #10
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRX
Quote:
Quote:
There are some things that should be standard (Xenons) but electric seats I don't feel need to be standard. 3 things I feel you should have a say for are transmission, seating and sunroof. For me the ideal BMW has Xenons, manual seats and no sunroof. Everything else is just fluff to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #11
sleeeper
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 435iMSport, MPPK, LSD, MPE

Pay up for upgrades, that's why they call them upgrades 😳
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #12
abc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325

there are advances that potentially save human lives, they should be no brainers and implemented soon as possible instead of dangled in options. items of luxury and convenience should be where they are.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 11:56 PM   #13
williewonkerz
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
There are some things that should be standard (Xenons) but electric seats I don't feel need to be standard. 3 things I feel you should have a say for are transmission, seating and sunroof. For me the ideal BMW has Xenons, manual seats and no sunroof. Everything else is just fluff to me.
Omg yes, bingo on that 3 things. I cannot be the only one who hates that sun roofs are on everything.

Please allow sunroof delete
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 04:55 AM   #14
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post
Omg yes, bingo on that 3 things. I cannot be the only one who hates that sun roofs are on everything.

Please allow sunroof delete
You can, it's a non cost option.
      03-30-2014, 06:39 AM   #15
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly what I ordered, except I also got HK
      03-30-2014, 07:19 AM   #16
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

Just enjoy all the different option packages BMW is offering per your country. One thing you can count on is this car will become even more popular this year with the 2015 models carrying a higher price tag for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #17
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt View Post
I just recently switched insurance companies. I don't remember them asking for this info. Do you just tell them that your car is equipped with advanced safety equipment and negotiate a lower premium?
Haven't fully inquired yet, but most insurance companies seem to agree this will reduce accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buumer View Post
Page 104 in the manual seems to suggest that it will intervene (warning / pre-engagement of full brake force) up to performing a complete stop. This is for both vehicle and pedestrian detection at speeds between 3 and 35mph.

I agree. Things like blind spot detection should be standard. This as well. ABS isn't an option because it reduces accidents, but I suppose there was a time when it may have been?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #18
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
I agree. Things like blind spot detection should be standard.
I don't agree. I understand why you would want this standard because it's a helpful aid that would actually be used with daily driving but personally, being aware of your surroundings and checking all mirrors is what you should be doing anyway. I'm not saying I'm a perfect driver but I don't need an aid for something I should be checking anyway. Now if adding something like this drastically lowers insurance rates, hey I'm all for it but if it's a minor adjustment, I rather have less technology and be responsible as a driver which you should be anyway. It should be standard as you work your way up to a 5-Series and higher because you're buying the car for the bells and whistles but in something like a 4-Series or lower, keep it as an option.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 01:04 PM   #19
TeutonicFlight
Keepin It Real
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.barnes
2 series does have keyless start as standard
Clean

Never Mistake Activity for Achievement
Parking lots
C Mod
84'
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #20
clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

I have the manual now thank you! Please can any one upload an M235i for me because that's the bit I'm missing?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #21
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I don't agree. I understand why you would want this standard because it's a helpful aid that would actually be used with daily driving but personally, being aware of your surroundings and checking all mirrors is what you should be doing anyway. I'm not saying I'm a perfect driver but I don't need an aid for something I should be checking anyway. Now if adding something like this drastically lowers insurance rates, hey I'm all for it but if it's a minor adjustment, I rather have less technology and be responsible as a driver which you should be anyway. It should be standard as you work your way up to a 5-Series and higher because you're buying the car for the bells and whistles but in something like a 4-Series or lower, keep it as an option.
Well thank you for being a great driver, but you unfortunately make only 0.0000000001% difference. The other drivers who have no clue how to set their mirrors and routinely fail to check their blind spot before turning...those people cause accidents. As an auto manufacturer that I am supporting with my $50k investment, I would like them to up the status quo by providing this as standard. It is a minor investment in providing the world with safer vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #22
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well thank you for being a great driver, but you unfortunately make only 0.0000000001% difference. The other drivers who have no clue how to set their mirrors and routinely fail to check their blind spot before turning...those people cause accidents. As an auto manufacturer that I am supporting with my $50k investment, I would like them to up the status quo by providing this as standard. It is a minor investment in providing the world with safer vehicles.
exactly! And even for those who consider themselves great drivers, there's always going to be one of those moments that you are not best in the game, maybe you are tired, sleepy, or just plain off by a tiny bit. When that happens, this technology can save you an accident and maybe even your life.
Appreciate 0