THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Fedora - Departed Bremerhaven 01/06/14, Arrives at Port Hueneme, CA 26/06/14

07-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #111
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciwhamc
Nice it will be worth the wait.

I already have 2000 miles on mine.
It looks like no one can tell me if my car made it on the ship to Hawaii. I called the 800 number and even asked my CA for more info. It looks like when the car arrives at the harbor, they find out.

I didn't see my car through the fence last night... lol, I might have to wait another two weeks for the next ship...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #112
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Sooo... No one knows where my car is. It wasn't on the ship they expected it to be on. The 800 number told me it was last tracked being handed over to a trucking company in California on the 27th of June. The ship for Hawaii departed on the 9th of July... The ship arrived yesterday and there is no 2 series aboard.

I can't believe that no one knows where the car is. And 12 days wasn't enough time for the car to travel 80 miles from Port Hueneme to Long Beach?

I'm at a loss for words right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #113
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Wow...sorry to hear! So the delay is in the trucking company? Surely your CA should be able to contact them and see? I actually tried calling the trucking company directly myself while i was being impatient but they said they could only release info to the dealer. Worth a shot!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #114
ciwhamc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i Alpine White

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Wow that is so bad. I hope some good news comes your way.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 11:31 PM   #115
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Unfortunately my CA texted me today saying it is at the port in California. The shipping company they use has only one vessel. I understand why they would choose only one trusted transport company.. But still. Haha... The ship is the same variant that W&W use. (with the ramps on the stern and starboard side)

Now I have to wait another two weeks... I have my two wash buckets with grates (I use Sonax wheel spray, so there's no need for a third "wheel bucket"), claybar, sealant, and carnauba all waiting for the delivery day. I'm going to detail it myself rather than let some stranger drive the car from the dealership to their shop and back unsupervised. I think my Griot's Garage 6" random orbital polisher is up to the task... lol
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #116
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihonzawa View Post
Unfortunately my CA texted me today saying it is at the port in California. The shipping company they use has only one vessel. I understand why they would choose only one trusted transport company.. But still. Haha... The ship is the same variant that W&W use. (with the ramps on the stern and starboard side)

Now I have to wait another two weeks... I have my two wash buckets with grates (I use Sonax wheel spray, so there's no need for a third "wheel bucket"), claybar, sealant, and carnauba all waiting for the delivery day. I'm going to detail it myself rather than let some stranger drive the car from the dealership to their shop and back unsupervised. I think my Griot's Garage 6" random orbital polisher is up to the task... lol
Any updates??
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #117
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I picked it up on the 31st of July! Since it was a Thursday, I had very little time to wash and detail before heading to sleep as I worked the next day. Gosh, it was a long journey for the little 2er... I'm completely satisfied with the 228i! Here are some pictures...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #118
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep

Awesome!! Congrats and nice pics!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #119
Stay Curious
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop

Yay!

Oh, I'm SO happy for you! I'm glad our Beemer cousin finally made it home! You must be so excited! We just got back from a 1420 mile Oregon/California Coast trip for our 25th anniversary. It was so much fun in our car, we talked about you often, and hoped it would come in soon. It's a beautiful car, I'm sure you're going to love it for a long time!

I've attached a couple pictures. The nickname for ours is Lil Bus, we found it's Bigger Little Bus brother while in Mendocino, CA. The bus driver said she now wants racing stripes too! haha

It's been so fun, being on this journey together with you since Southhampton. I really do wish you the very best!

Safe driving and keep smiling!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #120
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Curious
Oh, I'm SO happy for you! I'm glad our Beemer cousin finally made it home! You must be so excited! We just got back from a 1420 mile Oregon/California Coast trip for our 25th anniversary. It was so much fun in our car, we talked about you often, and hoped it would come in soon. It's a beautiful car, I'm sure you're going to love it for a long time!

I've attached a couple pictures. The nickname for ours is Lil Bus, we found it's Bigger Little Bus brother while in Mendocino, CA. The bus driver said she now wants racing stripes too! haha

It's been so fun, being on this journey together with you since Southhampton. I really do wish you the very best!

Haha thanks so much for thinking of me during your trip! I'm glad to see you folks are loving your mini! Those racing stripes sure do make that mini look gooood! It really does look like a souped up school bus. Haha, well, continue enjoying your car and I'm glad our group of ship-buddies are still keeping in touch!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #121
ciwhamc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i Alpine White

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
That's funny. My first trip I'm my car was up to Oregon as well. Must be the fresh air.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #122
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Curious

I took my 2er in for service (imperfections on the hood) and they gave me a Mini Cooper Clubman as a loaner! I guess I finally got a chance to drive one!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #123
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

(Initial upload failed, sorry about that!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0