THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Xdrive turbo inlet install advice?

12-20-2023, 07:49 AM   #1
Jaynen
Rep
Drives: M235 Xdrive convertible, F350

Lightbulb Xdrive turbo inlet install advice?

So my charge pipe broke on my 2016 BMW M235i Xdrive and I decided well I will change our the charge pipe, the intercooler, the turbo outlet, and turbo inlet (assumed it would be easier to get to with the others out of the way) mainly with the goal of reliability.

All the videos from Kies and Fritz Ramos etc are on RWD cars and manual trans which makes the process deceivingly different. I finally have everything OFF the car except for the turbo inlet and am trying to access the 10mm nut but the nut is waaay up there and there are hoses in the way so am unsure if accessing from the bottom is the way to go even though that is what the videos have said.

Anyone who has done this process have any advice? I really want to start putting the car back together.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 12:44 PM   #2
Luski
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i xdrive

Hey,
I unfortunately don’t have any advice but am undertaking this job over the weekend. Was wondering if you had any tips for me? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 12:50 PM   #3
Jaynen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luski View Post
Hey,
I unfortunately don’t have any advice but am undertaking this job over the weekend. Was wondering if you had any tips for me? Thank you!
I have yet to do it successfully. I got the charge pipe out which was a bitch, the intercooler out, and the turbo outlet/other intercooler pipe out. Which is when I was working on the turbo inlet and I cant get to the nut thats holding the plastic pipe on coming off the turbo. I have tried ratcheting wrenches from below and sockets from above with different size extensions there is just some wires and hoses and everything else it seems in the way
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 12:52 PM   #4
Luski
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen View Post
I have yet to do it successfully. I got the charge pipe out which was a bitch, the intercooler out, and the turbo outlet/other intercooler pipe out. Which is when I was working on the turbo inlet and I cant get to the nut thats holding the plastic pipe on coming off the turbo. I have tried ratcheting wrenches from below and sockets from above with different size extensions there is just some wires and hoses and everything else it seems in the way
Damn, well good luck, I’ll reply here if I find any tricks when I do it
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 12:57 PM   #5
Jaynen
Rep

Are you only doing the inlet? It might be really hard to get to from above if the intercooler pipe is still there since its like behind it
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 01:21 PM   #6
Jaynen
Rep

I got it off, tape a universal joint on a 1/4inch drive with an extension and a 1/4 ratchet from above
Appreciate 0