THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning PLEASE HELP! Cylinder 2 Misfire after coil and plug swap

11-24-2023, 05:25 PM   #1
luperox22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

PLEASE HELP! Cylinder 2 Misfire after coil and plug swap

I need help. I did a complete spark plug and coil swap on my 2016 m235. Sitting at about 103k miles. This was done in prevent and the car ran perfect prior.
Now, I am having a misfire on cylinder 2 and the idle is atrocious. I have swapped coils, the misfire doesn't follow. I swapped the new plugs back to old, same cyl 2 code and the idle is even worse.
I truly have no clue what to do at this point and don't really understand how the car is now running like a bag of shit after it being perfect this morning.
Please help me figure this out.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2023, 05:05 PM   #2
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Check the pins in the connector, maybe one bent
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2023, 06:12 AM   #3
luperox22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb-slow View Post
Check the pins in the connector, maybe one bent
Checked ‘em all, no avail. I unfortunately ended up having to take it to a shop. Hoping to hear something positive today. Thanks for replying
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 10:06 AM   #4
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I highly doubt it's anything serious. My guess is the insulators are cracked on two of the plugs, the gaps are wrong (should always stick to stock gaps in almost all cases), or these are knock-off plugs . Did you remove all the crap that was in your way to get to cylinder #2 or did you snake the plug in? Where did you buy the plugs from? Gaps checked?