THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Hoping for Delivery Before Christmas

11-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
M2TROLL
WRX Betrayer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235ix Estoril Blue Coral Red

Hoping for Delivery Before Christmas

My car had arrived at the port yesterday and am hoping and praying it arrives before Christmas, as that will be the only thing I can figuratively put under my Christmas tree this year to myself! Shipping to New York, NY so can anyone reassure me that it will indeed be making it here before Christmas? Given it gets on the Toscana?....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
AbuQutaita
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
It'll be really tight I think. Remember that it'll spend some time at the port as customs and the folks at the VPC process it. If customs decides to hold it longer, or the car was damaged on the way over, then you're out of luck. Also factor in an extra day or so for transport, and another day for processing and detailing at the dealership. All of that in ~7 days (only 5 of which are business days) is a lot to get done.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
coz
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i

If you get on that boat I'd say yes actually, and that's after a lot of reading of this subforum's threads etc and contrasting with my experience which was resolved today. If not on that boat, forget it.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 M2

I mentioned on another post, but if you're like me, you can end up on a K Line vessel, and obsessively looking at that schedule to try to determine which ship could be yours will drive you to a point of crazy when you realize it didn't help at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuQutaita View Post
It'll be really tight I think. Remember that it'll spend some time at the port as customs and the folks at the VPC process it. If customs decides to hold it longer, or the car was damaged on the way over, then you're out of luck. Also factor in an extra day or so for transport, and another day for processing and detailing at the dealership. All of that in ~7 days (only 5 of which are business days) is a lot to get done.
Customs doesn't hold Priority 1 cars. They hold Euro Delivery cars. Priority 1 cars are cleared through customs while the boat is still out at sea. US Customs trust that between the production plant to the VPC that no one is throwing contraband in the vehicles. Just the cars which were driven around in Europe prior to being put on a boat...

I think as long as the car isn't majorly damaged in transit, there's a good chance you'll get your car by Christmas.
      11-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
AbuQutaita
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Customs doesn't hold Priority 1 cars. They hold Euro Delivery cars. Priority 1 cars are cleared through customs while the boat is still out at sea. US Customs trust that between the production plant to the VPC that no one is throwing contraband in the vehicles. Just the cars which were driven around in Europe prior to being put on a boat...

I think as long as the car isn't majorly damaged in transit, there's a good chance you'll get your car by Christmas.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I've only done ED before, so I didn't realize there was a difference.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #7
M2TROLL
WRX Betrayer
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the info everyone. Spoke to the dealership on Tuesday and they assured me it would be here for Christmas so I'm definitely holding them to their word on that one.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 09:45 PM   #8
M2TROLL
WRX Betrayer
United_States
Rep

Update Took Delivery 12/20/2014

It got here on time guys!! Ended up getting on the TOSCANA and getting to the port on 12/17, then onto the dealership 12/19 where I took delivery the very next day! So happy and the car exceeded all my expectations!
Here are some initial pics. 1st one being my first reaction to getting in my new car! Superman combo ftw.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 02:09 AM   #9
FoxCrane
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blue

Awesome; congrats!!!
Appreciate 0