THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum EBII or Mineral White Help!!

01-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #1
CraigMca1707
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i - Estoril Blue - 6MT

EBII or Mineral White Help!!

Having come from an EB M135i Ive ordered my M235i in mineral white with the coral red interior. I'm not a huge fan of white cars tend to think they can be boring but having seen MW on a friends E92 M3 it looks gorgeous but I'm just scared I'll find it to boring.

Has anyone else felt like this aswell and were you happy with your decision in the long run?

Any comments are much appreciated! ???
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #2
Hemisedan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming in March: 2016 BMW M235

Too many white BMW's in my area, let alone other makes of cars on the road. So, I went with Mineral Grey. Lots of them on the road, but not all that many BMW's in my area.
I just thought that the Mineral Grey looked richer than the whites. My personal choice if I could have gotten it on my m235i is either Sea Blue, or else the Valencia Orange, but BMW in their wisdom chose to not offer those colors. Just my take.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 12:42 PM   #3
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

I have MW with Coral and I think it is the most beautiful combination. A common comment that I get from people is something like "Wow, that car is beautiful!" I think the light color gives my car the look of a bigger car which is ok in the case of the 2 series. MW isn't boring like AW. Dark colors make cars look smaller, if I were buying a 4 series Gran Coupe, I definitely wouldn't get white because the car would look too big to me, I'd probably go for black to make it look more sporty.
Everyone has their own preferences, you should get what YOU like. Some of my conservative friends said, "Dude, why pearl...well it isn't pearl it is metalic white, there are only shades of white and silver in the paint. I'm glad I didn't listen to my friends because now I wouldn't trade the color.

Last edited by AlpsRider; 01-20-2016 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 12:46 PM   #4
CraigMca1707
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider
I have MW with Coral and I think it is the most beautiful combination. The most common comment that I get from people is something like "Wow, that car is beautiful!" I think the light color gives my car the look of a bigger car which is ok in the case of the 2 series, dark colors make cars look smaller. If I were buying an 4 series Gran Coupe, I definitely wouldn't get white because the car would look too big to me, I'd probably go for black to make it look more sporty.
Everyone has their own preferences, you should get what YOU like. Some of my ultra conservative friends said, "Dude, why pearl...well it isn't pearl it is metalic white, there are only shades of white and silver in the paint. I'm glad I didn't listen to my friends because now I wouldn't trade the color.
I think I wanted the car to feel very different to what I have at the moment which is the Estoril with black leather so I thought the MW and the coral would give the car a totally new feel aswell with the red accents.

Plus eventually hoping for some performance parts ! Spoiler front splitter grills and interior trim and think this will suit white best ?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMca1707 View Post
I think I wanted the car to feel very different to what I have at the moment which is the Estoril with black leather so I thought the MW and the coral would give the car a totally new feel aswell with the red accents.

Plus eventually hoping for some performance parts ! Spoiler front splitter grills and interior trim and think this will suit white best ?
I think it depends on the look you want. If you go with carbon fiber bits like the spoiler, mirrors and a black front splitter you are giving the car a more boy racer look, which is totally cool if that is what you like. I just opted for blacked out windows and the Orbit Grey wheels which makes them look almost black but not as harsh. I think the darker wheels takes the emphasis away from the smaller wheels, you see the wheels and tires as one unit. The look I chose is bit more of the BMW classy look.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 01:31 PM   #6
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Color combos is, IMHO, a totally subjective thing. With due respect, I really don't understand the aims of those those who ask "What's the better color combo?". It's personal taste, sometimes combined with trying to achieve a 'look'. Nothing more, nothing less.

Questions about paint quality, shade, metallic reflection/refraction, etc. are really best answered by seeing the colors in person on a car. No person's opinion is going to beat that, because that person is giving an opinion. A subjective opinion. Again: nothing more, nothing less.

My advice is to take the look of that MW M3 and run with it ... and visit a couple of dealers to see cars with varying color combos. Only you, OP, can be the true judge of what looks good or not.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #7
jtzako
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228i M-Sport

I have the pure white (alpine I think its called) and it looks great. I do not like the Mineral White as it isnt white enough (has a bit of yellow in it).
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #8
CanadianGatorBacon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i (holy crap!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
seeing the colors in person on a car. No person's opinion is going to beat that, because that person is giving an opinion. A subjective opinion. Again: nothing more, nothing less.

My advice is to take the look of that MW M3 and run with it ... and visit a couple of dealers to see cars with varying color combos. Only you, OP, can be the true judge of what looks good or not.
Mine is AW, like half the BMW driving world. These days everyone is driving white, black, dark grey, or one of the less traditional shades of other colors like EBII. If I were buying my car again, I might go with glacier silver. This color so saturated the car market for like 20 years that I swore I would never get one. Then I saw a 2er in glacier silver (after I already had mine) and it totally changed my mind.
      01-20-2016, 03:41 PM   #9
rt92
Canada
Rep
Drives: X7 (Incoming), Model 3 AWD

I say go for EBII, and wrap it in white (or a different color) if you want to switch it up. It's much easier finding a wrap in white than one similar to EBII.

Mine is AW with Coral red which isn't my favorite combo (that'd be Silver on black), but I couldn't resist the savings by taking mine off the lot and not having to wait a couple months.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #10
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

I ordered MW, so you should definitely go with EBII. I actually chose MW because when I actually did see a 2er around here they were all EBII. I like the fact that I rarely see a 2er since I like to drive cars that not many people drive. So picking a color that not many 2er owners drive in my area was a factor for me. Not to mention the fact that MW, to me, is pretty damn beautiful. AW looks good as well. Oddly enough most of the BMWs in my area are either black, grey or silver. Not many white and even fewer blue of any shade.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 04:33 PM   #11
CraigMca1707
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero
I ordered MW, so you should definitely go with EBII. I actually chose MW because when I actually did see a 2er around here they were all EBII. I like the fact that I rarely see a 2er since I like to drive cars that not many people drive. So picking a color that not many 2er owners drive in my area was a factor for me. Not to mention the fact that MW, to me, is pretty damn beautiful. AW looks good as well. Oddly enough most of the BMWs in my area are either black, grey or silver. Not many white and even fewer blue of any shade.
Would you mind posting a couple of pics of your MW just to give me an idea of how good it looks haha surprising difficult to find any good pics or videos of the colour nearly every review or good YouTube vids tend to be in EBII ??.

It's not so much I don't like EB I love it just want want a change but worried about regretting it in the long run

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 05:00 PM   #12
CanadianGatorBacon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i (holy crap!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMca1707 View Post
Would you mind posting a couple of pics of your MW just to give me an idea of how good it looks haha surprising difficult to find any good pics
"Official" MW pic thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=939502

Also look though the threads in the rest of the pics and vids sub-forum, especially the sticky thread with links to all of the other "official" color threads.
      01-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #13
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Prior to ordering I was debating between MW/CR and EB/CR. Needless to say I figured MW/CR would be more the norm that people would choose. So when I came to finalizing my build I chose EB/CR. I have no doubts that I made the right choice between the two. Obviously MW/CR is a beautiful color as well just wanted to be different
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 03:01 AM   #14
CraigMca1707
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for all the comments guys think I've made my mind up to got for the MW I'm sure I won't regret it as soon as It arrives

Has anyone been unfortunate enough to try and paint match the MW yet ?
Appreciate 1