THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum For tall drivers considering the convertible...

02-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #1
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30i

For tall drivers considering the convertible...

Here are some pics and observations of my new 2 series convertible. For the record I am 6'5" and 220lbs, 34"inseam. The pics are of my seat all the way back, slight tilt to the setback, and with the wind blocker in place. The wind blocker has a pretty cool feature in that you can easily unhinge the rear portion to more easily access the rear seat for storage purposes. The pics are self explanatory. One thing that I applaud the engineers for is they have allowed me to move the seat rearward until it almost touches the rear bench, making the rear seat unoccupiable. Previous cars I have owned limited the rearward track to preserve the usability of the rear seat at all times, making the legroom too short for me. BTW we dove around a short bit today with the top down in 35 degree weather, sunny and messy. With the wind blocker and side windows up, heated seats, heat on high, we were warm as toast with just fleece for winter wear. I am totally pleased so far with this car! As a bonus you can really hear the exhaust with the top down, makes me want the performance exhaust.

[URL=http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/toddhollander/media/P1000683.jpg.html][/URL

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

6'5", 34" inseam & 210lbs here, so all that is good news.
That wind blocker definitely looks more sophisticated than the 1er cabrio wind blocker.
Do both rear knobs need to be turned to lock it in place and remove it or will one or the other knob do the lock and release for both sides?
The reason I ask is that with the 1er cabrio you could install or remove the wind blocker completely from one side or the other..
      02-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfile View Post
6'5", 34" inseam & 210lbs here, so all that is good news.
That wind blocker definitely looks more sophisticated than the 1er cabrio wind blocker.
Do both rear knobs need to be turned to lock it in place and remove it or will one or the other knob do the lock and release for both sides?

The reason I ask is that with the 1er cabrio you could install or remove the wind blocker completely from one side or the other..
I think you are supposed to be able to retract both pins by turning one side, but it doesn't work so well. The pins kind of get stuck in the holes and wiggling helps but not enough. I just release one side, move it up a bit so it doesn't slip back in the hole and go to the other side. It might loosen up over time?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #4
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Your car is looking great and really enjoying your photos and updates. New Zealand BMW only brings in the 220i that's it.

Can the rear seat head rests be turned down like the standard 2 or 1 series? if not I may have to buy some replacements as to me they look high and a little out of place. I could just take them out all together as I will never have anyone in the back seat.

Last edited by Kiwi; 02-22-2015 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 08:32 AM   #5
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The rear seat headrests are fixed. I am hoping they can be removed as well, as with the top up they significantly block my rearward vision. This car will strictly be a 2 seater for us. The pop up rear rollover protection doesn't seem to be a part of the headrest so I am hopeful.
Appreciate 0