THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Whats your insurance premium like on this car

03-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #23
moonsault270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by buumer
The vehicle type should only impact comprehensive and collision coverage's. Most commonly, vehicle types are grouped into classes, and each class is assigned a relativity that will impact the amount of premium that you pay. Different insurance companies will group vehicles differently, and will assign their own unique relativities to each group. So you are unlikely to get any meaningful answer out of this question.

The 2 series has also not made it into any of these groupings as it is still too new, which means that most companies will assign it based on the MSRP and coupe classification. Thus, expect to pay a rate very close to that of a 135is.
Not entirely true. Your PIP and PD premiums will be based off the type of vehicle as well.

And to the OP as someone said DEFINITELY increase your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. You would be surprised how inexpensive it is.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #24
TB///M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M3

This is my first post and I see these question on insurance pop up all the time on other forums. There's so many factors that define what your rates will be, it's useless asking.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #25
buumer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: EB M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsault270 View Post
Not entirely true. Your PIP and PD premiums will be based off the type of vehicle as well.

And to the OP as someone said DEFINITELY increase your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. You would be surprised how inexpensive it is.
I'm pretty certain that only a few companies use vehicle type in determination of liability premium, and the impact that any given vehicle makes is small compared to physical damage coverages.

The only real concern is going to be that "m" badge, which might flag this car as a "high performance" vehicle for some insurers.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #26
ryanSTL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 435GC rwd

Replacing a 2012 5-cylinder Passat SE that's probably worth $15k...

Allstate is quoting me an extra $19 per month on a $50k M235i.
Appreciate 0