THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Using the M235i Key FOB to put convertible top up and down. Or just the windows.

10-01-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
internetguru
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White BMW M235i vert

Using the M235i Key FOB to put convertible top up and down. Or just the windows.

Guessing that all of the M235i/M240i convertible owners already know this info. (assuming it also works on the 228i/230i)

Not sure how we did not know that the BMW M235i Convertible Key FOB can open and close the convertible top. We found this accidentally when my wife pressed it in the correct combination while driving away in my car and we were puzzled as to how all the windows on her car rolled down on their own.

Rushed in the house and opened up the google machine and discover that the Key FOB can open and close the windows and open and close the convertible top.

Pisses me off that during the 3+ hour orientation that my wife got from the BMW dealer they never showed her this feature.

In case you don't know how to do this to roll the windows down. Unlock once. Then press and hold the unlock until the windows roll down. Want the top down also? Once the windows are down continue to hold down the unlock until the convertible top is completely down.

To reverse either process just use the lock button in the same manner. One press, and then a second press and hold until the action you want is completed.

I am starting to wonder what other magical powers these cars have that I don't know about... Is there a magic cash printing machine in the glove box I don't know about?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
DF
Major
Rep
Drives: F23

Yeah. It does that :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #3
Glamdring
Rep
Drives: M235i Vert

Gotta be pretty close to get the top to activate. The windows will activate from a further distance. I'd love to learn one day how the vehicle senses distance from the fob.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
Gotta be pretty close to get the top to activate. The windows will activate from a further distance. I'd love to learn one day how the vehicle senses distance from the fob.
Cars with comfort access have this feature. They also have sensors by the doors and the trunk. They only have a range of a few inches. That's why you have to be so close. As far as the windows or locks working,that's based on the range of the FOB. Totally separate sensors.
Appreciate 1