THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Coding doesnt even work for me??

08-10-2015, 01:06 AM   #45
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
It can be downgraded but I wouldn't do it as you will lose any features/fixes that were included in the latest i-level for the vehicle... also flashing an ecu is not as simple as coding and you can actually brick the ecu and need a special battery charger while you do it as the process might take a few hours

I don't know why would they do it.... that's just my guess of why it's not working... It could be something else... Only way to tell is to see if any 14' car got the i-level updated by the dealer and see if they have the same issues with the sound and logo not working....
So I'm not going crazy. I'm glad I finally found this thread. Every time I've coded an M235i for the M4 Sound, it has never worked then. I would rev the engine and think I was going crazy because it sounded the same.

Personally, I think it might be the I-Step Level. And as far as flashing, simply flashing the ASD module should not take more than a couple minutes if you were only flashing that module. I have flashed my entire vehicle a couple times and it as taken at most an hour, mostly because of HU_NBT and KOMBI.

It's either that, or the method the launcher uses to dynamically inject CAFDs while using E-Sys. The functions names and descriptions data might be in the wrong place for these 2015 models. But I was also under the impression that these ASD modules weren't trimmed.

Anyways, I don't know. If one of you wants to try flashing the ASD ECU to a lower level, I would be interested to know the result. Just make sure you have a proper power source connected to your car battery before flashing (Either a commercial grade power supply or jump to another running car) and read the guides on how to flash a single module and it's dependancies if any. It is possible to brick your ECU, even though nobody has reported a fully bricked ECU yet that I've seen, don't be that guy.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #46
daveslaine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer View Post
So I'm not going crazy. I'm glad I finally found this thread. Every time I've coded an M235i for the M4 Sound, it has never worked then. I would rev the engine and think I was going crazy because it sounded the same.

Personally, I think it might be the I-Step Level. And as far as flashing, simply flashing the ASD module should not take more than a couple minutes if you were only flashing that module. I have flashed my entire vehicle a couple times and it as taken at most an hour, mostly because of HU_NBT and KOMBI.

It's either that, or the method the launcher uses to dynamically inject CAFDs while using E-Sys. The functions names and descriptions data might be in the wrong place for these 2015 models. But I was also under the impression that these ASD modules weren't trimmed.

Anyways, I don't know. If one of you wants to try flashing the ASD ECU to a lower level, I would be interested to know the result. Just make sure you have a proper power source connected to your car battery before flashing (Either a commercial grade power supply or jump to another running car) and read the guides on how to flash a single module and it's dependancies if any. It is possible to brick your ECU, even though nobody has reported a fully bricked ECU yet that I've seen, don't be that guy.
Can you please try it as I have no idea how to do this. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 06:36 PM   #47
daveslaine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You might be right.... the variant1 didn't save stayed variant0
So how do we make m logo animation work? I have m vehicle set to active and startup emblem on variant 1
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 06:54 PM   #48
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveslaine View Post
So how do we make m logo animation work? I have m vehicle set to active and startup emblem on variant 1
and what animation do you have ?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #49
daveslaine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
and what animation do you have ?
BMW connected drive
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #50
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
BMW connected drive
dunno then.... the files from the 15 where showing variant0 so i might have forgot to save it... can't try cause the 15 wasn't mine and can't get to it at the moment

but if you have it to variant1 and you don't see it maybe it might be the i-step as i thought initially...

variant1 is the only thing you need m_vehicle is for the sport display theme so has nothing to do with that
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #51
daveslaine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
dunno then.... the files from the 15 where showing variant0 so i might have forgot to save it... can't try cause the 15 wasn't mine and can't get to it at the moment

but if you have it to variant1 and you don't see it maybe it might be the i-step as i thought initially...

variant1 is the only thing you need m_vehicle is for the sport display theme so has nothing to do with that
Will tokenmaster be able to do something about this?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 08:43 PM   #52
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Will tokenmaster be able to do something about this?
no idea
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 06:02 AM   #53
Avex
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i AW

anyone found a solution to this? I also have a 2015 m235i manufactured after april and would like to get the m performance animation on my dash. Has this issue now been fixed 3 years later ?
Appreciate 0