THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Kerm1ts Thread: MG/MR

06-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #23
thomps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

From what I've seen, you should be more pleased with the power curve after you install the mods. Should experience a great increase, combined with a slight delay over the stock power curve.

She's a beauty.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #24
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomps View Post
From what I've seen, you should be more pleased with the power curve after you install the mods. Should experience a great increase, combined with a slight delay over the stock power curve.

She's a beauty.
after couple of months driving it, im realizing more and more of the cars potential and characteristic. at first i was a bit confused because it was so different from what im used to driving(s2k for 4-5 years). for me personality, i notice the car wants to be driven hard, and feels safer than driving eco.

power wise, it definitely smoothed out from when i first installed the jb4. it was hard to tell the different between map0 and map1 until i hooked it up to my laptop and made sure what map it was on.

when its stock (map0), it had a pretty linear power curve pulling up to redline. pulling from 1st gear my tires would rarely lose traction(all summer tires). With map1, 1st gear will break traction every time and has tons more available tq over stock.

although driving in the city is way more fun, the only downfall i would say is that it feels like u lose a bit of top end. feels like the power in redline got moved down low, so after around 4k you can feel the turbo run out of juice.

quick thought. in a turboed car (or maybe just m235) it seems like downshifting a gear closer to redline is kind of useless. feels like the turbos doesn't have enough juice to pull hard starting around 5-6k. for some reason starting at a lower rpm seems to work better.

for example. if you're in 2nd gear at 5k RPM vs 3rd gear at 3k RPM, 3rd gear seems to pull harder and faster

Last edited by kerm1t; 06-09-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0