THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics BimmerTech Front & Rear Camera Review and DIY

12-17-2015, 05:02 PM   #45
kiko2206
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335D

Thanks a lot for your Topic.

I have the same installed in my car: BMW “F30”335XD year: 2013 monitor screen 8”8. The same interface but I have on problem when the screen display the GPS mode the icons in the left are cut.

I try to change the dips in each configuration is the same, I sent the interface for the provider they made an update on the firmware and after I have the same problem.

Do you have an idea about this bugs and do you have the same bugs in your model for the 8”8 displays for F30 BMW?

Regards
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 08:48 AM   #46
Legal Bill
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Thank you very much to the original poster. I looked at your first video, looked at the price of the kit, and decided that since I just ordered my car yesterday, I may go back and add the rear view camera to my order. I thought the BMW price was outrageous and that I could get something for a couple of hundred bucks and slap it in in an hour or two. Now I know better.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 01:50 AM   #47
hoostw
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330i AW

any idea if this will void parts of the warranty?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #48
JujuF30
BMW newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Thanks to OP
Im in the process of installing the front & rear cam with the mirroring kit into my 335i manual... So more steps than automatic. There were a lot of little steps that were skipped (not due to having a different series) but still helped a ton.
They (bimmertech) need to work on an installation guide for those like me who really wants to DIY...
For the amount of money poured into this, there should be a small booklet of instructions full of diagrams & pictures to guide the consumer.
It's very doable but we will see if I can successfully finish this little project.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 10:00 AM   #49
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JujuF30 View Post
Thanks to OP
Im in the process of installing the front & rear cam with the mirroring kit into my 335i manual... So more steps than automatic. There were a lot of little steps that were skipped (not due to having a different series) but still helped a ton.
They (bimmertech) need to work on an installation guide for those like me who really wants to DIY...
For the amount of money poured into this, there should be a small booklet of instructions full of diagrams & pictures to guide the consumer.
It's very doable but we will see if I can successfully finish this little project.
I'm interested in this for my car at some point as well. Can you post pics of where you tap into the reverse lights power line? If I understand their site, you have to tap into a line in order for the rear camera to know when to turn on in a manual vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 03:46 AM   #50
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by configt View Post
Awww that was nice of you to say Thanks!
hi can i ask which kit did you use from bimmertech, the oem camera or the cheaper one they do. whats quality like. Love to know if much difference between two as one kit nearly double the price,
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #51
dcfella
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeadam View Post
hi can i ask which kit did you use from bimmertech, the oem camera or the cheaper one they do. whats quality like. Love to know if much difference between two as one kit nearly double the price,
I'm debating on the MMI or oem integration myself. I was told the oem integration will need coding, which they give you remotely. Was there ever a group buy?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #52
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portimao Blue 2022 M240iXdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko2206 View Post
Thanks a lot for your Topic.

I have the same installed in my car: BMW “F30”335XD year: 2013 monitor screen 8”8. The same interface but I have on problem when the screen display the GPS mode the icons in the left are cut.

I try to change the dips in each configuration is the same, I sent the interface for the provider they made an update on the firmware and after I have the same problem.

Do you have an idea about this bugs and do you have the same bugs in your model for the 8”8 displays for F30 BMW?

Regards
I am not sure if I had the same problem you mention above, but my camera had been working great for about a month and then suddenly started acting weird. The backup camera image was shrunken and the underlying image from my Nav. or music (whatever I was doing right before shifting to reverse) was showing on the right 1/3 of the screen. After contacting Bimmertech, they advised me to put the car in reverse and then hit the Voice Command button on the steering wheel. This solved the problem immediately. Thinking back, I believe I may have accidentally hit the Voice Command button while in reverse, which caused the problem in the first place, but not sure of that. Anyway, you might give this a try since it is quick and free. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 07:45 AM   #53
houstonrevo
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

I recently purchased the OEM integration kit. If you are not sure which one to get, just call Bimmer tech. I was debating between OEM integration and MMI. After talking to Bimmertech, I found out that I should go with OEM Int because I have Nav and there is almost no space for MMI (the OEM int module is a lot smaller). The kit showed up in a few days and seems to be of good quality and it works great and look like it was oem. I decided to DIY to save $400 bucks. If you want to go with the DIY route, get the tools and watch the bimmer tech video AND the one from the OP. I have it about 90% figure out and the rest is not that hard. Ran into a little problem with my work computer during coding because I can't get the firewall turned off. End up borrowing my friends lap top. As far as the support I get from Skype , it was great and friendly. I even get some free coding like DVDs in motion and tire temp and pressure coded during the coding session.

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/bmw-rear-view-cameras/

I am happy!
Appreciate 0