THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Obtaining an allocation for M235i

08-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #23
JStachmo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 440xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
It almost sounds like you guys simply don't know how this works. Allocations come in during the first week of the month. You're not "waiting six weeks" as if an allocation will suddenly show up on the 21st of July.

I'm not really sure that some salesman on the floor knows squat about their allocation pipeline for the year, so someone saying "we're only getting this ONE for the year" sounds like BS. They know their allocations for the following month during the first week of the previous month (August allocation = September build). BMW does not disclose more information to them other than this and no sooner than this.
It will if they trade an allocation with another dealership - that's what I was waiting on/referring to.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #24
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStachmo View Post
It will if they trade an allocation with another dealership - that's what I was waiting on/referring to.
Yeah, I mean it can happen, but what are you offering the dealership/salesperson for them to work at that?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #25
JStachmo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 440xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Quote:
Yeah, I mean it can happen, but what are you offering the dealership/salesperson for them to work at that?
The threat of pulling my order and going directly to another dealership. (Plus the CA is actually a friend of mine so he was trying to keep a fire lit under his manager)

Either way it seems to be a moot point now. Fingers crossed I'll have my 235 around October-ish (assuming production in sept)
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #26
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
The threat of pulling my order and going directly to another dealership. (Plus the CA is actually a friend of mine so he was trying to keep a fire lit under his manager)

Either way it seems to be a moot point now. Fingers crossed I'll have my 235 around October-ish (assuming production in sept)
Having someone at the dealership pushing this along does help. Thanks for clarifying. I feel like these kinds of disclosures are important when others read and set their expectations. Sorry if I missed the point in an earlier post.

Good luck! I'll be picking up my car early October as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #27
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:

Glad to hear you finally got an allocation. It's going to be a long wait!
Appreciate 0