THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Booking the BMW Ring Taxi

08-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
drand
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40

Booking the BMW Ring Taxi

I am doing an ED in September and we are going to the Nurburgring so I want to book the Ring Taxi. I couldn't find much info from anyone who actually described the booking process so I thought I would post this. The process is very convoluted and, I believe, to almost discourage people from trying to book it. You really have to want to do it to go through the process.

The whole process took me a little over almost 2 months to lead up today when I finally received my confirmation.

First go here http://www3.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en...kets_and_dates You will see the dates they are running the taxi. It is only some weekend days June-Oct. Then you sign up for an email to find out when tickets are available, which happened to be Tuesdays at 10:00 German time. I live on the west coast so that means for three weeks in a row I tried to get up every Tuesday morning at 1:00 to go and get a confirmation number to go and buy a ticket. You really need to be on the website on the hour. A few minutes later and it would tell me that I would need to try again.

So week three I finally get a confirmation number. I go on to the website and enter it and it gives me instructions for a wire transfer. No credit cards accepted, must be a wire transfer. So I work with my bank (USAA) and over a couple days trying and am finally able to complete a wire transfer for $350.84 (€225 + $45 wire transfer fee). That was on 7/29.

Finally today I get an email with another confirmation number which I enter on the website, it then brings up availability. I will be there on Sept 28 which had a number of slots available. There were a few for the weekend before but everything prior to that was fully booked.

So if you want to book a Ring Taxi ride, start the process 3 to 3 1/2 months prior to your trip.

Convoluted and time consuming but I am sure it will be worth it!