THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Ordering questions

08-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Ordering questions

Getting ready to order a M235. I want it fairly loaded but with more of a track "lean" so I'm doing manual, slick top, M exhaust and LSD. I want some of the nice items like heated seats and all, and I'm adding carbon bits to make it look good.

My question is about BMW apps and GoPro connectivity. I want those items because I will track some when not racing. I assume they are part of the current " software", right?

Also, not sure I like the two steering wheel options I've seen. Any feedback on the electronic wheel? I'm afraid it won't "feel" enough, if you know what I mean. How much plastic is on the wheel?

Thanks
      08-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

I have the non-display BMW M Performance steering wheel (Alcantara) and it feels perfect for high speed driving. With racing gloves you have great non-slip contact in your hands.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #3
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
Getting ready to order a M235. I want it fairly loaded but with more of a track "lean" so I'm doing manual, slick top, M exhaust and LSD. I want some of the nice items like heated seats and all, and I'm adding carbon bits to make it look good.

My question is about BMW apps and GoPro connectivity. I want those items because I will track some when not racing. I assume they are part of the current " software", right?

Also, not sure I like the two steering wheel options I've seen. Any feedback on the electronic wheel? I'm afraid it won't "feel" enough, if you know what I mean. How much plastic is on the wheel?

Thanks
Go pro is run off your iphone. Current go pro iphone app works with the car which I can confirm. It works the same way as any other bmw apps integration you might need the top end navigation screen. Whatever is needed for bmw apps.

Really tho, gopro is a fun gimmick. You can't display while driving or recording so for a real setup just use the gopro remote or iphone/iPad app. Works the same.
Appreciate 0