THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Expected '14 Price Drops for '15

08-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #23
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

I finally looked up the S550 Mustang and, with all this Mustang talk lately, thought we were talking about a completely redesigned Mustang like the new Corvette. This thing looks like every other rental Mustang I have ever driven and the interior looks the same and like crap. And I think Ford had done a lot to improve their brand the last few years.

I just cross-shopped them and I would not buy it solely based on looks even at half the price of the 50k 235 I got. I wouldn't care if it smoked my car. I still wouldn't buy it.

Now, the new Corvette looks badass and has performance to back it up but it isn't practical for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #24
MikeASU09
Private
Rep
Drives: F22 N55 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
The M235i is a good car to hold you over if waiting for M2, but don't expect any discount on that car for a while. I have to believe they will be just as hard to find.
Thanks for being one of the few staying on topic!

I'm expecting ED will be the only way to get an M2 if one doesn't want a dealer-bloated option-fest of expensiveness.
      08-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #25
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
I finally looked up the S550 Mustang and, with all this Mustang talk lately, thought we were talking about a completely redesigned Mustang like the new Corvette. This thing looks like every other rental Mustang I have ever driven and the interior looks the same and like crap. And I think Ford had done a lot to improve their brand the last few years.

I just cross-shopped them and I would not buy it solely based on looks even at half the price of the 50k 235 I got. I wouldn't care if it smoked my car. I still wouldn't buy it.

Now, the new Corvette looks badass and has performance to back it up but it isn't practical for me.

Yeah your right^... ...looks like every other Mustang... and the interior looks like crap..

Except, I was like you, owning BMW's and would never look at a Mustang & laughed/argued at my buds for owning them. Whole different story now... the only difference here, is I am willing to admit it, not deny it. I only mentioned "mustang" here, & people thrash about.. or at so much un-ease..

Contrary to your post..
I recently had a chance (at Mustang Alley) to actually sit in, and feel all the materials in the new Mustang. I'm gunna say that the quality of the materials are not any less, & in many places, of more quality in the new Mustang... compared to my $52k BMW.

Additionally, many don't need M4 style of gluttony, so don't pretend the 2-series is high-class, the 1M was simple and spartan. The M2 will be the same. Granted, I am not keen on a few of the Mustang interior styling ques, but the materials used are on par with 2-series. In a category much different than it's past.

Go see for yourself... (really this time).

Coincidentally, I had only mentioned ONE car that will be offering-up stiff competition to BMW next spring. I don't see BMW holding the torch right now.. there are many on the fence, wanting to see BMW push it.. instead we get soft marketing.

Where is the M235i in American Racing..? Nice drift videos though..

So you will have to discount the M235i next spring, because nobody will want them once they drive a focused car like the new Mustang, realizing it gives you much more for the dollar. Right?

In the past, the only reason to pay for a BMW, was the BMW ride & handling... if BMW themselves are slowly going away from their own DNA & other Manufacturers are picking up those bits.. then BMW looses value, because there are other cars now with the same ride & feel..! (Not just BMW's)

If the truth hurts, you can always buy some more M-emblems and just put a few on your new SVT GT350... if that's what makes you sleep at night.

BMW M235i w/lsd = $47k <----

BMW is banking on past successes of the "limited" 1M (@$47k), & before that was the e46 M3.. as the only two quintessential M-cars produced in the last 20 years..? Many still taping their foot waiting.. The M235i is the cheapest & closest that anyone can get to either of those^ two cars. ANd the 235i will continue to sell because of it, regardless of any competition.

If I didn't already own a 135is, I'd want to lease a M235i too.. while I waited for the verdict on the M2..

Lastly, a good portion of the M235i's value relies on the halo created by the M2. The M2 must be the epitome of what BMW offers... it is the only car left to redeem BMW faithful. And the success of the M235i rides on that hype. If the M2 fails, then many longstanding BMW enthusiasts will look elsewhere real quick..

Thus, drying up the aftermarket, leaving BMW sport-0's to eat up BMW's marketing add-ons.

MY2016 will be a great year for rwd lsd coupe buyers... & BMW will feel that pressure..!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #26
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30X

So the new Mustang is 5" inches longer and over an inch wider than an X3 and 6" inches longer than the 4 door 3 series. Now that's how to build a true sports car by making it bigger than an X3, it also gained weight and the gas milage got a lot worse. A 228 auto will absolutely smoke both the V6 and 2.3 liter turbo so how is this going to drive down the M235 price? Must be something in the Michigan water. If I want a Mustang I'll drive to my local Wal-mart and try and get one of the 20 in the lot.
1995 325i, 1996 328ci, 1997 528i, 1997 Z3 2.8, 2000 528i, 2001 X5 3.0, 2001 330i Convertible, 2002 M3 Convertible, 2003 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Coupe, 2004 Z4 3.0, 2004 X3 3.0, 2007 X3 3.0, 2007 335i Convertible, 2013 X1 28 sdrive, 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30i Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #27
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
So the new Mustang is 5" inches longer and over an inch wider than an X3 and 6" inches longer than the 4 door 3 series. Now that's how to build a true sports car by making it bigger than an X3, it also gained weight and the gas milage got a lot worse. A 228 auto will absolutely smoke both the V6 and 2.3 liter turbo so how is this going to drive down the M235 price? Must be something in the Michigan water. If I want a Mustang I'll drive to my local Wal-mart and try and get one of the 20 in the lot.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #28
Lynn_228i
AW BMW 228i with Black Dakota Leather Seats
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

I could never consider the Ford Mustang since it is just too big for me so why bother to test it. I would not like a car bigger than the 2-series. I love my new BMW 228i but I would have not considered it if it was any bigger. The 3-series was too big for me. My petite friend who is 2" taller than me drives a red Ford Mustang and she loves it but she has a bigger garage than me and it is just her fun car. I know those who want power may consider it but to me it is just too big.
Appreciate 0