THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning BMW Engine Oil

05-09-2024, 05:06 PM   #1
roldirex
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i 2016

BMW Engine Oil

Hello,

I have a BMW M235i (2016), it is currently tuned with BM3 Stage2 (Intercooler, Chargepipe, Downpipe). The car has 44k miles, and I changed my engine oil with the 5w30 BMW oil 500miles ago.

When I turned the car on today, I got welcomed with the "Oil below minimum, top up immediately" warning, then I proceeded to do my engine oil measurement and oil level seems ok and warning is gone. Scanned the car and no error codes. I proceeded to turn on the car and the warning did not come back.

I let the car sit for 1 hour, and came back and a few seconds I put the car on ignition I got the warning again.

Could this be a faulty sensor? I see no leaks, no oil drops on the floor. The car wasn't used for a week, then I used it for 2 days and got the error on the third day. Always ran right, not issues, parked on level ground. I'm afraid to drive it now. I also don't know if I should add the recommended 1liter of oil, the warning gives me, since if is a bad sensor I might overfill it.

What could this be?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0