THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Week 33 Production...ugh! My story

09-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
tcinoc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235

Week 33 Production...ugh! My story

Similar to many others... waiting waiting waiting

Going all the way back to Nov. 2013, knowing my lease would be up on my 335i coupe fall 2014 I decided to go to the LA auto show. I wanted to checkout all the shiny BMW's but was very interested in the i3. I wanted to test drive it.

Ok, fast forward into 2014 and hit a few dealers and did more test drives of the i3. Cool concept, but I am a gas guy thinking ahead. The downside was limited info, high wind noise, and couldn't put a rack on top for my surfboard or bike. I had checked out the 435i and while a new generation of my ride, it didn't seem much different. I was a little frustrated.

...what the?! M235i ?? What's this ?! Did ONE short test drive (MT) and was hooked. Gas continues for me! I understood the marketing and positioning from BMW about this vehicle (almost had 3is) and really didn't care about all the M badges. I gathered as much info as I could find out about this car. I built a few different configurations. I started price shopping and was frustrated on the "allotment" available. I live in the LA general area, so I have a lot of dealers to work up pricing. Amazing how they are all over the place on $$.

Finally hear what I want to hear and oh, sorry...still no allotments. Hold on I was told. One month, then another, then finally, put the order in. I found out I was week 33 and it was completed Aug. 15th. I then heard BMW shuts down for two weeks at the end of August. I checked in the last two weeks and the car was in Quality Assurance. Know I am being told it is just waiting to get to the port and on a carrier.

I am hoping it takes only two weeks or less to get to the west coast. I have been reading everyone's posts and their stories....ahhh, the wait.

While I do enjoy my current ride, I can't wait for my M235. So, I will continue to jump on here and read everyone's stories realizing I am not the only one waiting.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
obliterate
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 EB M235i

Totally understand this. I had to spend another $1500 repairing my old car after placing order for the M235i. It was a pain but I did need the vehicle in the summer for commuting.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #3
saxonp
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp. XDrive

Just FYI, my car left Bremerhaven on 9/13 and is expected to arrive at the port in California on 10/10. The wait might be a little easier with more realistic expectations. Since I accepted the longer timeframe, I've had an easier time surviving the wait. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonp View Post
Just FYI, my car left Bremerhaven on 9/13 and is expected to arrive at the port in California on 10/10. The wait might be a little easier with more realistic expectations. Since I accepted the longer timeframe, I've had an easier time surviving the wait. Good luck!
Nice, just over 30 days to the west coast, good to know. Mine will be getting the LSD in CA, then shipped up to WA for delivery For now, still in the waiting for production to end game.
      09-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #5
tcinoc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235

...tick, tick, tick, flip a day, tick, tick, tick, flip a day, tick, tick, tick...
Appreciate 0