THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Installed black grills

06-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
Guynamedsean
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 Carbon Black 650i M Sport

Installed black grills

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I got my black performance grills installed. I think it really makes the car look better.

Also I included my infamous cla45.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

nice, you should write a side by side review of the two from an owner's perspective.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #3
Guynamedsean
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 Carbon Black 650i M Sport

Okay. They are both really awesome cars. The end.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Black grills look really nice on a white car.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
mechatune
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i

2 similar new cars and a 650i...all that money and no imagination
i'm jealous though

Last edited by mechatune; 11-14-2015 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechatune
2 similar new cars and a 650i m...all that money and no imagination
i'm jealous though
Both nice cars no doubt, I know we're BMW fans here but no one would hate driving the MB. Like BMW better? Sure. Hate either? No way.

I spent the same basically and got the 235 and a Macan because they're both awesome (similar to OP's garage) but totally different (unlike OP). Different strokes for different folks...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
PigWig
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Both nice cars no doubt, I know we're BMW fans here but no one would hate driving the MB. Like BMW better? Sure. Hate either? No way.

I spent the same basically and got the 235 and a Macan because they're both awesome (similar to OP's garage) but totally different (unlike OP). Different strokes for different folks...
I owned an SL500 while I had my F30. I like both brands, but I definitely prefer BMW. Obviously all models are different, but in my experience, Benz cars just seem to have more of a muscle car feel to me (not a compliment).

I've driven tons of Mercs (I owned the SL, grandparents have a CLS500, ML350, and previous E500, and I've driven a half dozen C-classes on test drives as well as a couple of SLKs), and every time I drive one, it just seems to feel bulky compared to the BMWs I've owned/driven.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #8
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigWig
Quote:

I owned an SL500 while I had my F30. I like both brands, but I definitely prefer BMW. Obviously all models are different, but in my experience, Benz cars just seem to have more of a muscle car feel to me (not a compliment).

I've driven tons of Mercs (I owned the SL, grandparents have a CLS500, ML350, and previous E500, and I've driven a half dozen C-classes on test drives as well as a couple of SLKs), and every time I drive one, it just seems to feel bulky compared to the BMWs I've owned/driven.
I agree completely and I've driven pretty much everything in their current lineup. Was just trying to point out that none of them are horrible. Sure compare an entry level C to the AMG version and it's going to suck, but pretty much any of them are basically fine. Sure there are better cars out there but none of them are worst in class.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #9
PigWig
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i X-Drive

Quote:
I agree completely and I've driven pretty much everything in their current lineup. Was just trying to point out that none of them are horrible. Sure compare an entry level C to the AMG version and it's going to suck, but pretty much any of them are basically fine. Sure there are better cars out there but none of them are worst in class.
I agree 100%. I've had waayy too many cars for my age, but I've owned Cadillacs, BMWs, Audis, MBs, Inifinitis, etc to name a few. IMO, as a general rule by brand, Mercs remind me more of Cadillacs. Both have a smooth comfortable ride, but seem to drive bulky. They have nice straight line speed, but cornering just isn't what you get from BMW/Audi.

Audi and BMW are pretty similar (though I prefer BMW). Both make excellent handling cars with peppy engines that provide a lot of spark. Their turbo-charged performance cars are quick and nimble.

Infiniti is on its own little island as their cars don't feel heavy, do have lots of power, but just don't handle well (very JDM feel). I like the old G and M series, but they don't have a car in their lineup right now that I would own.

Porsche is on its own level. The 911s and Caymans I've driven have a distinctly more exotic feel to me than any of the ones listed above. I'll probably add a Porsche to the lineup one of these days, but it won't be as my daily driver. Comfort and versatility is the brand's biggest drawback in my eyes.

Acura, Lexus, Volvo, etc aren't worth a damn IMO if you can afford something better, and I haven't had the luxury of driving anything too exotic yet (Ferrari, Lambo, etc).
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 11:40 AM   #10
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechatune
2 similar new cars and a 650i m...all that money and no imagination
i'm jealous though

235i and a Macan is an awesome combo for a true enthusiast.

Macan would definitely be my choice if I was in the market for something practical.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #11
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigWig
Quote:
I agree 100%. I've had waayy too many cars for my age, but I've owned Cadillacs, BMWs, Audis, MBs, Inifinitis, etc to name a few. IMO, as a general rule by brand, Mercs remind me more of Cadillacs. Both have a smooth comfortable ride, but seem to drive bulky. They have nice straight line speed, but cornering just isn't what you get from BMW/Audi.

Audi and BMW are pretty similar (though I prefer BMW). Both make excellent handling cars with peppy engines that provide a lot of spark. Their turbo-charged performance cars are quick and nimble.

Infiniti is on its own little island as their cars don't feel heavy, do have lots of power, but just don't handle well (very JDM feel). I like the old G and M series, but they don't have a car in their lineup right now that I would own.

Porsche is on its own level. The 911s and Caymans I've driven have a distinctly more exotic feel to me than any of the ones listed above. I'll probably add a Porsche to the lineup one of these days, but it won't be as my daily driver. Comfort and versatility is the brand's biggest drawback in my eyes.

Acura, Lexus, Volvo, etc aren't worth a damn IMO if you can afford something better, and I haven't had the luxury of driving anything too exotic yet (Ferrari, Lambo, etc).
Google the 2016 Porsche 718. Just read about it in Automobile magazine. The bigger engine version of that may be something really special if you've got room in the garage for a weekend toy. I am calling this weekend to get my name first on the list, just in case

EDIT: should be 718 as corrected above, Friday afternoon brain malfunction. If you google 917 you'll be looking at the old $20M+ race car.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #12
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

whats with the color correction doe
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 12:28 PM   #13
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Can't say I'm complaining. While no car is perfect, my list of gripes for either is very short and very inconsequential. Mostly I annoy myself going from one to the other and forgetting things like comfort access differences, etc. I'd highly recommend the Macan to literally anyone looking for a larger car. And we all know and love the 235 so no need to talk that one up here.
Appreciate 0