THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Seeing 2016 m235i xdrive convertibles sitting on lots

10-22-2016, 12:25 PM   #23
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
As someone who is about to take his m235i vert for a fall drive through the north Georgia mountains, I could care less about the small performance loss from the vert package.
How much less?

Attached Images

2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 05:59 PM   #24
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
Looking at a m235i xdrive convertible. I am seeing a few 2016 m235i xdrive convertible on dealer lots that have been sitting for >8 months. I know the convertible market is a niche market, likewise most 2 driver likely want hardtop and RWD opposed to xdrive. Any other reason they would be sitting on dealer lots? Havent read about any issues.
Go for the M235xi ragtop. It's a great vehicle and it is quite rare as it is a one year only production vehicle.
      10-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #25
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
You really have to want a convertible. I had one as a loaner and couldn't wait to give it back. It was noisy and I had to duck to peek out forward under the header. Never bothered to put the top down, but can't imagine driving it top up full time. No offense to convertible owners! But, I'd certainly pass the ones by on the dealer lot!
I don't think you buy a 50,000 convertible to drive full time with the top up. As was said,2 series is a niche,convertible is even more. If you want a convertible,it's great.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 06:43 PM   #26
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
I don't think you buy a 50,000 convertible to drive full time with the top up. As was said,2 series is a niche,convertible is even more. If you want a convertible,it's great.
Well, of course. I was just making a point that I found the interior unfriendly due to the lower line of forward sight and the notably higher noise level than the coupe. For the frequent or majority of time the top needs to be up, it seems to me too much of a loss to tolerate year round.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0