THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Base 228i 6MT SCCA Track Night America

07-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Base 228i 6MT SCCA Track Night America

So I took the 228i out to it's first track night since I've been back in the states. I attended an event less than an hour away from my house at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC. SCCA did a great job of helping out all the folks in the Novice group. I am running in the Novice group for now to get my feet wet here and also to evaluate for my self what I need to make my car what I want it to be eventually. It was hot, I mean like Africa hot. Despite that we all had a good time. It took a couple of people a bit of time to figure out how to point people by if they were holding someone up and the 2nd session resulted in about 6 of us doing an extra lap due to not being able to see the checkered flag with the sun glaring at us.

As far as how well I did, I'm not really sure what a fast or slow time is on this track. My fastest was my 5th lap of my last session that resulted in a 2:05.34. I also ran 2:05 for 3 other laps that session. I think I did pretty well. The two R35 GT-R's never lapped me so I'm happy about that. The red Vette is the SCCA chapter president where I'm a member.

Here's the video of the last session containing the faster laps. I haven't quite figured out how to post the video in here, just the link.

https://youtu.be/RP5L05kXvGM

Last edited by SteveInfante; 07-22-2016 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 11:24 PM   #2
BMWFrenzy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 2 Series 228i Coupe

that was a good run. cool video. thanks for sharing
Appreciate 1