BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Car and Driver spy shots and article on the upcoming M2

02-24-2015, 06:08 AM   #67
biggripper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Nope, that's def not the only reason. For me, it's the perfect size of the 2 series. That's the one thing that the M3 cannot touch and it's a big deal for me.
Agreed I’m far less concerned about drastic weight savings. As a long-time M fan and long time small car fan, I’m primarily looking for the combination of performance, small(ish) form factor and that M pedigree. I was so impressed with the M235i (and tempted to buy) that I know just the slightest re-working by the M division is going to make this car perfect for me. I’m fully expecting that my well-equipped M2 is going to sticker for $65k. If it’s a little less, great! If it’s a bit more then maybe I’ll have to consider the M4.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 06:36 PM   #68
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534
People seem to be forgetting: This isn't an S engine.

It's a tune N55. Carbon fiber roof and hood is doubted at this point. Weight cut from M235i will not be substantial.

The ///M235i is above what an "is" used to be. The M235i is a bridge to the M2... and the shore line isn't that far away.

Meaning: The M2 will not be a huge step up from the M235i. But it will be where in specific areas that will make a significant difference without the price flying upwards.

M235i again, was a bridge M car. Closer than most think to the M2, I believe.

I'm stickin' at 52k base.
the rave m235i reviews (randy pobst's favorite in the last 10 years I think?) make me believe you. honestly a lot of people debate 335i vs m3, 550i vs M5, etc... it's not all about raw speed, but it's all the little details that just make the car that much more "special" .. which is why I got an m3 over a 335i. not a single regret.

I think the m2 will be a substantial improvement all things considered, but, on paper, won't blow the m235i away.

I think low 50s starting makes sense and a loaded up m2 costing m3/4 money isn't a big deal... almost every segment is like that .. 335i loaded is touching m3 also and yet some people prefer the 335i. a loaded cayman costs more than a base 911 and they still sell. some people would rather step up to the "big brother" but some people really just prefer the "little brother"

I really like having 4 doors or I may have waited for the m2.. I can't imagine people not loving it.

Appreciate 0