BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW design head hints at BMW M2 or CSL / GTS model by reference to E30 M3?

03-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #111
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by technik330 View Post
People aren't blind, they simply see what they want to see just as much as they hear what the want to hear.

Again, we'll get the facts (from BMW, not Scott) when we do and we'll see the car when we do.

Until 'that' time, I don't understand why some of you guys get so bent out of shape?

I know Scott is like the Kool-Aid man and so many here are like "oh yeah", but I'll be the last one to drink the punch. If I need marketing BS to keep me interested in a car, then I was never really interested to begin with.

Can't wait to see the car in the flesh though...
I'm not really getting bent out of shape I'm just extremely excited and like the commotion.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 04:24 PM   #112
technik330
Captain
Rep
Drives: STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
I'm not really getting bent out of shape I'm just extremely excited and like the commotion.
Great, it's a good thing to be excited about the release of the car and you weren't being singled out, just as a heads up.

There's plenty of people that are anxious and or frustrated about the potential availability of options - think DCT or a carbon roof, for example.
'18 Subaru STi Type RA #350
'19 Honda Civic Type R #31191
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 02:17 AM   #113
briareos_ch
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
They're idiots. Ignore them.
Well thought it must be "that" way, because I didn't notice any kind of info here. Thanks for the valuable hint!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 02:42 AM   #114
UpNcOmINg!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e82 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by briareos_ch View Post
Well thought it must be "that" way, because I didn't notice any kind of info here. Thanks for the valuable hint!
There is a many a thread to show the disparity between their info and here.
Best start reading all over.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 04:49 PM   #115
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I wish it did, but M2 CSL will never happen.
Ye of never any faith...I seen the this secondary version of the M2 again today and hopefully you will see it soon in public.
That was almost three months ago. Any update ?
      10-01-2015, 03:35 PM   #116
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Thought I would bump this.

I'm torn right now. A really cheap deal M135i is on order which I will receive this month. However is an M2 CSL really as close as 2016 hmmm.

I'm going to go with an LOI into the dealer this week I think. Gonna be very limited for sure but also pricey to boot.
      10-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #117
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris The Manx View Post

I'm torn right now. A really cheap deal M135i is on order which I will receive this month. However is an M2 CSL really as close as 2016 hmmm.

I'm going to go with an LOI into the dealer this week I think. Gonna be very limited for sure but also pricey to boot.
M2 CSL Get in line...! Already done this myself..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-01-2015 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #118
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Let's see what fast eDrive cars are currently still inside the bag:
Quote:
In 2016 BMW M will provide its first look at concepts of two models which will wear the CSL badge as well as more pronounced bodywork, Efficiency technology and lightweight features to illustrate exciting and lucrative possibilities for progressive performance.
Quote:
What I meant was that back in history the CSL E9 brought its Motorsport innovation to the road. It parallels with what M are going to do to enhance the more hardcore M versions from the standard cars.
Today in general the innovation field has increased immensely as is the ever important journey to enhance performance but increase sustainability.
We are at the time where an M car with eDrive is inevitable. It won't be the M2 but an M car using some form of sustainable technology is coming.
Quote:
Hypothetically,
This would be your BMW M2 CSL...
You can definitely see similarities between both concepts, the Hommage is a concept
but the Vision GT you can see the more realistic elements applied to an existing car in this case the 2er or the M2 in which the aerodynamic packet is heavily carried over but adapted for the road and reality.
You are about to witness a new radical side of BMW M. But using the same philosophy as used within the E9 CSL series. The adaptation of Motorsport innovation for the road but this time its a much larger player field in terms of what innovation means today.
That means a variation of an eDrive drivetrain designed to enhance performance whilst also showcasing sustainability.
Scott26 comment under a Bimmerfile article (March 19, 2015) entitled "Rumor: BMW to build an M2 CSL?":
"The standard M2 is a more realistic version of the Vision GT which when you bring it back into typical M proportions you still get a muscular body and uniquely honed aerodynamic packet. The "sibling" packs on more "visual" bulk so it looks like an M2 but with additional equipment it's slightly wider but this is helped by the add-on wheel arches at the same width of the M235i Race Car [BMW M235i Racing]. Not too big and not too wide but the differences in width between standard and "sibling" are apparent as is the aerodynamics aided with a more race-like splitter, diffuser and spoiler. It's the first BMW "Batmobile" since the E21.
The body is not the only difference between both cars. Crucial performance figures will differ as will weight with the sibling being tuned more for the track."
For the record: max width of the BMW M235i Racing = 1,862mm (without mirrors).

But it remains to be seen whether a possible M2 CSL gets to the US because of legislation:
Quote:
IF we do a lightweight M2 (emphasis on IF). Then I do not see it being offered in the USA because of the cost to get some items from the above past legislation.
For now there will be an M2.
      10-05-2015, 11:15 PM   #119
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
... is an M2 CSL really as close as 2016 [?]
Hard to see that happening. The M2 will barely be out of the factory in 2016. Look for CSL mules and when you see one, my guess is, you're a year away.

Quote:
Gonna be very limited for sure but also pricey to boot.
And besides all that, IMO, you'll be waiting a few years. Chances are it will follow the M4 CSL. Maybe an M6 CSL. Profit, you understand.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 01:50 AM   #120
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman
Quote:
... is an M2 CSL really as close as 2016 [?]
Hard to see that happening. The M2 will barely be out of the factory in 2016. Look for CSL mules and when you see one, my guess is, you're a year away.

Quote:
Gonna be very limited for sure but also pricey to boot.
And besides all that, IMO, you'll be waiting a few years. Chances are it will follow the M4 CSL. Maybe an M6 CSL. Profit, you understand.
Buddy your very selectively quoting me there. I was challenging and questioning another poster IF there really would be a CSL M2 in 2016 with a doubting hmmm at the end.

I strongly doubt it will be on sale in 2016 but let's see maybe as part of 100 years of BMW.
      10-06-2015, 02:33 AM   #121
Bamowe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Future M2

M2 CSL will not appear at the dealers in 2016.

That has also something to do with a racing series ...
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 12:03 AM   #122
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Hmm well the front page M4 GTS articles are saying its £122k in the UK!

Let that sink in for a minute.

More than twice the price of an M4.

How much is this bat mobile gonna cost!?
      10-07-2015, 08:17 AM   #123
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

Assuming double again, the M2 CSL would be close to a $100k car. I was expecting maybe $80-90k. And that's assuming you'd be able to get it at MSRP.

There goes all hope for me being able to realistically afford one of them. I had a feeling it'll be that expensive. But hey, I'm not complaining. I'm glad BMW are in the segment. While the M4 GTS is not a looker for me personally, the numbers don't lie. That is one quick car.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #124
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:

Assuming double again, the M2 CSL would be close to a $100k car. I was expecting maybe $80-90k. And that's assuming you'd be able to get it at MSRP.

There goes all hope for me being able to realistically afford one of them. I had a feeling it'll be that expensive. But hey, I'm not complaining. I'm glad BMW are in the segment. While the M4 GTS is not a looker for me personally, the numbers don't lie. That is one quick car.
Agreed and similar thoughts in all regards myself.

Performance at a price.
      10-07-2015, 11:11 AM   #125
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
IF we do a lightweight M2 (emphasis on IF). Then I do not see it being offered in the USA because of the cost to get some items from the above past legislation.
For now there will be an M2.
But it remains to be seen whether a possible M2 CSL gets to the US because of legislation:
It doesn't seem likely that the M2 CSL will come to the US... I only hope that BMW won't put a strangle-hold on importing/selling CSL parts (for those interested in swapping-in a few choice upgrades) like they did back in the e46 M3 CSL era.
      10-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #126
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
It doesn't seem likely that the M2 CSL will come to the US... I only hope that BMW won't put a strangle-hold on importing/selling CSL parts (for those interested in swapping-in a few choice upgrades) like they did back in the e46 M3 CSL era.
You never know though. I said I'd be shocked if they brought the M4 GTS to the US, and it turns out that's going to be the biggest market for them (300 out of 700 worldwide coming to the US).

I see no reason why they'd all of a sudden keep the M2 CSL out of the US. However, I know I won't be able to afford one, so it's a moot point.

Scott did mention that the CSL parts will be restricted. But if you know how to and have the money, there are plenty of E46 and E92 owners running around in original CSL and GTS parts.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 12:27 PM   #127
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

Quote:
You never know though. I said I'd be shocked if they brought the M4 GTS to the US, and it turns out that's going to be the biggest market for them (300 out of 700 worldwide coming to the US).

I see no reason why they'd all of a sudden keep the M2 CSL out of the US. However, I know I won't be able to afford one, so it's a moot point.

Scott did mention that the CSL parts will be restricted. But if you know how to and have the money, there are plenty of E46 and E92 owners running around in original CSL and GTS parts.
Agree on all.

I am pleasantly surprised that M4 GTS is coming here.
Since that car is coming here I would think all CSL would as well but who knows.
With the price being bandied about for an M4 GTS at 2X the regular model.. ... it sure seems an M2 CSL would be a minimum of 1.75 to 1.8x the price of an M2.... which for me would definitely be unobtanium.. I can't afford to nor could I mentally justify more than around 80K... I would like to hope that an M2 CSL would be a little less than a Cayman GT4 but perhaps not.

The M4 GTS is frikkin badass.... those lap times are right there with new 991 GT3..

Currently looking for all the BMW whiners that said BMW isn't making sports cars anymore because all they are selling is Active 2s and SAVs...

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-07-2015 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #128
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

We want BMW selling more SUVs and active tourers to fund research for M
      10-07-2015, 04:00 PM   #129
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
No we do not want that because then there are not enough production slots to build M2s... :s

MR
Appreciate 0