THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Delivery estimates (USA)

02-27-2015, 09:29 AM   #243
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Thank you all.

My CA has proven to be quite useless

What's the group's common wisdom on how long it takes a car to reach the East Coast after production starts?
      02-27-2015, 09:36 AM   #244
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

On average about six weeks from published build start. And four to five weeks after completion of build. Land shipping from Leipzig to Bremerhaven, transoceanic to Baltimore, MD.
      02-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #245
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 Cayman S 6MT, '21 X5 45E

It made it. At this very moment someone could be driving my (or your) car down a giant ramp on a giant boat and our turbos are filling up for the first time with some fresh American air (well, fresh being a relative term). Now the real countdown starts.
Attached Images

2014 981 Cayman S 6MT, X73 Suspension, SES
2021 X5 45e MSport, Manhattan Green, Coffee Merino, Review & Photos
Previous: '18 340 GT, '15 M235i 6MT, '15 i3 REx, '15 x1 xDrive28i
Appreciate 4
      02-27-2015, 10:07 AM   #246
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Who's car is keeping my car company?

My car finished production last week. It sits on a lonely dock waiting for a ride. Anyone else's car awaiting ship assignment?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 11:04 AM   #247
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Thank you all.

My CA has proven to be quite useless

What's the group's common wisdom on how long it takes a car to reach the East Coast after production starts?
My CA wasn't any help either I got all my info off of this forum.
      02-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #248
myc132
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Convertible

I guess I'll be calling the BMW 800# and my CA alternating to try and keep up to date XD
      02-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #249
Xiaoxi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a Miata

BTW... One thing I had to do was keep deleting and re-adding my car in MyBMW to force a status refresh.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 03:02 PM   #250
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg View Post
It made it. At this very moment someone could be driving my (or your) car down a giant ramp on a giant boat and our turbos are filling up for the first time with some fresh American air (well, fresh being a relative term). Now the real countdown starts.
So does anyone know if there is anyway to see or track when our cars unload/clear customs, etc?....thought I saw a poster that had done that....might have been the WW line though. Hate to think I will have to rely on my CA...not the most helpful...ughh.
      02-27-2015, 03:20 PM   #251
myc132
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwheels View Post
So does anyone know if there is anyway to see or track when our cars unload/clear customs, etc?....thought I saw a poster that had done that....might have been the WW line though. Hate to think I will have to rely on my CA...not the most helpful...ughh.
we are SOOL cause I think that's a WW line only thing. You can try calling and talking with the people on 800# they're always super nice when I call them.
      02-27-2015, 05:17 PM   #252
entrylevelenthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwheels View Post
My car arrived in port on the 25th. Just received a call from my CA about 90 minutes ago saying it arrived at the dealer. My dealer is about an hour commute from the port. Hopefully this is a bit helpful.

Unfortunately my CA said pick up won't be until at atleast Monday because the team that prepares the cars had already left for the day. Do they not normally work Saturday and Sundays?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #253
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrylevelenthusiast View Post
My car arrived in port on the 25th. Just received a call from my CA about 90 minutes ago saying it arrived at the dealer. My dealer is about an hour commute from the port. Hopefully this is a bit helpful.

Unfortunately my CA said pick up won't be until at atleast Monday because the team that prepares the cars had already left for the day. Do they not normally work Saturday and Sundays?
As far as I know, the service dept does not work on weekends. Only the sales guys work on weekends. That may be why.

Anyway, gives you 2 last days of anticipation Savor them !
      02-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #254
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:

That was fast! 2 days from port arrival to your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 06:03 PM   #255
myc132
Private
Rep

Quote:

I'm really hoping this is the kind of timeline for me. Except I want to pick the car up like next Tuesday or Wednesday XD
      02-27-2015, 07:39 PM   #256
entrylevelenthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
As far as I know, the service dept does not work on weekends. Only the sales guys work on weekends. That may be why.

Anyway, gives you 2 last days of anticipation Savor them !
Thanks for the info! The next two days will be filled with more 228 and 235 youtube videos and forum reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307
That was fast! 2 days from port arrival to your dealer.
Yea i've been pretty lucky with my order so far, knock on wood. Only encountered a tiny delay out in the Atlantic. Was supposed to initially arrive in port around the 19th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myc132
I'm really hoping this is the kind of timeline for me. Except I want to pick the car up like next Tuesday or Wednesday XD
I hope so for you too I would keep monitoring marine traffic and the vessel's schedule so you know your status. Plus its exciting to see the car inch closer and closer on the GPS each day.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #257
myc132
Private
Rep

Quote:
I hope so for you too I would keep monitoring marine traffic and the vessel's schedule so you know your status. Plus its exciting to see the car inch closer and closer on the GPS each day.
Thanks! My ship actually reached port of entry (I think this might be what it's called) this morning and it's out of the ship now. I called the 800# around 5:15pm to see if they have anything on their computer that's newer than what I know and the lady told me that it shows as waiting at port but it may have already gone into VDC and it'll update in a day or two. I also asked if VDC processes on the weekends and she informed me that she doesn't know since she doesn't work on the weekends.

I was also informed that once it goes to VDC, the system will show an estimate date of arrival to the dealership so she suggested I call back on Monday but I'll probably be calling my CA tomorrow to see if he can give me a better update during the weekend.

I'll keep you guys updated!
      02-27-2015, 10:26 PM   #258
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myc132 View Post
Thanks! My ship actually reached port of entry (I think this might be what it's called) this morning and it's out of the ship now. I called the 800# around 5:15pm to see if they have anything on their computer that's newer than what I know and the lady told me that it shows as waiting at port but it may have already gone into VDC and it'll update in a day or two. I also asked if VDC processes on the weekends and she informed me that she doesn't know since she doesn't work on the weekends.

I was also informed that once it goes to VDC, the system will show an estimate date of arrival to the dealership so she suggested I call back on Monday but I'll probably be calling my CA tomorrow to see if he can give me a better update during the weekend.

I'll keep you guys updated!
Right on, dude ! Exciting !

Yeah, your CA is probly your best bet for info at this point. In the meantime, get your camera Li-ion batteries charged and SD memory cards cleared

Oh, and read every word in both owner's manuals - the main one and the nav one

02-27-2015, 10:28 PM   #259
CA BMW M235i
Rep
Drives: Glacier Silver M235 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ChrisRuck View Post
Who's car is keeping my car company?

My car finished production last week. It sits on a lonely dock waiting for a ride. Anyone else's car awaiting ship assignment?
Yes, my Glacier Silver (just like yours) M235 has also been sitting on a dock for over a week now just waiting to be placed on a ship.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 01:00 AM   #260
keen.suen
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Coupe, soon

I sneaked into the parking lot of my dealership tonight and found it! It arrived here today. But my CA doesn't work on Fridays Hope I can claim it tomorrow.
For those interested, it was shipped by Topeka.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-28-2015, 01:53 AM   #261
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA BMW M235i View Post
Yes, my Glacier Silver (just like yours) M235 has also been sitting on a dock for over a week now just waiting to be placed on a ship.
Twins! Congrats on the color choice! Hopefully they both are scheduled for ship assignment soon. I'm anticipating or better yet I'm hoping to take delivery the first week of April...
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 01:59 AM   #262
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen.suen View Post
I sneaked into the parking lot of my dealership tonight and found it! It arrived here today. But my CA doesn't work on Fridays Hope I can claim it tomorrow.
For those interested, it was shipped by Topeka.
Congratulations! Thanks for posting the pic, very cool. The wait is over for you now the FUN begins
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2015, 02:42 AM   #263
Stiggy
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi View Post
I got an email today letting me know that my car is now at the VPC. Totally unconfirmed, but I'll probably be getting it in about a week since I can't get to LA this weekend even if it does make it to the dealer.

March 7th is my target date for pick up now.
Congrats. Mine has been stuck in Halifax since early February. Not clear when it will move. I'm starting to think they're waiting for the snow to melt! Very frustrating cause we have had great driving weather (for Vancouver anyway).
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #264
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
Congrats. Mine has been stuck in Halifax since early February. Not clear when it will move. I'm starting to think they're waiting for the snow to melt! Very frustrating cause we have had great driving weather (for Vancouver anyway).
I didn't realize they would ship the cars all the way across Canada - by rail, I assume? I guess there would be issues with bringing them in to a northwestern US port, then shipping them over the border and maybe not the volume to justify a Vancouver stop.
Appreciate 0