THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Fender bender.Grrr....

09-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #23
sundaydriver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

Also OP if you are still looking for a body shop I have two good ones that I can recommend, just let me know
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #24
CONTROL ONE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsliver View Post
I'm in Toronto. According to my insurance company, it is part of the same incident and since I am at fault for the initial impact they treat it as the same accident. I agree that if I pursued this guy, reported it to the police and jumped through oops he would certainly have to cough up some $ but I hate to say it's not worth my time. What I secretly hope is that one day he pulls this stuff again and gets a good old fashion beat down. I'm just not at a stage of life where it's worth my while. When I was 18 however....
I'm an insurance agent in Toronto. That is simply not true. Get a better insurance company if that's the case.

I also recommend a dashcam. Both my cars have been running one for over 3 years now.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #25
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONTROL ONE View Post
I'm an insurance agent in Toronto. That is simply not true. Get a better insurance company if that's the case.

I also recommend a dashcam. Both my cars have been running one for over 3 years now.
I might of not made myself clear but I was at fault for the accident and they are treating this as one incident. He just did extra damage after the fact.

What would it change for me if I pursued this punk and put him on the hook for the damage he made? I would still end up paying my 500$ deductible to get the initial damage fixed.

I would perhaps make this punk's life harder but it would not change the fact that I would be at fault, have to pay my deductible and have an at fault accident on my record.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #26
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I would appreciate your advice on what the benefit would be for me to go through the pain of sticking it to this punk. I have his plate number and already gave it to my insurance company. They were going to run a plate check and get his info.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #27
CONTROL ONE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

If he has insurance, you can have his company cover your comprehensive deductible for the vandalism he did to your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #28
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If he has insurance, you can have his company cover your comprehensive deductible for the vandalism he did to your vehicle.
Interesting. My insurance company did not say I would have to pay the deductible for vandalism. Just the one for the accident. I will double check.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #29
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsliver View Post
Damn. Got into a little fender bender. Was pulling out when parked on a commercial street and did not see this guy creeping up behind another car and my front bumper hit the side of his car. Not much damage but the bastard got out, flipped out and started kicking.
Thoughts?
You need to hire this guy:

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #30
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It could be why they asked me for his plate #.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #31
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Any body use this: Advanced Car Eye Dash Camera from BMW.

I am interested in getting one but need a completely clean install, no wires.

Suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #32
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
You need to hire this guy:

Awesome!
Appreciate 0