THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning CPA-Powerbox Nitro M235i Install

03-19-2015, 03:05 AM   #1
ddmyte
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

CPA-Powerbox Nitro M235i Install

Hi Guys,
Bought a Powerbox Nitro 3 weeks ago. Can not get any aftersales help from them. On purchase they immediately sent connection photos but they were not for the M235i. I sent them photos as suggested in their manual and they sent me 3 photos back. Was actually the same photo zoomed into one connector. (see attached). I sent them questions twice but they failed to answer me and when I phoned them (twice) the lady that answered said their English wasn't good enough and that they would answer my email but they never have. I've attached a photo of the equipment I received. I'm currently liaising with a German I know hoping he can call them and get the answers to my questions. (he's not a petro head though) I've attached a sketch which looks as though it's the only way to connect but everything I google seems to suggest another way. Anyone connected one of these to an M235i? Any help appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 04:59 AM   #2
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Looks like it just plugs in line to the T-Map sensor. Unplug the sensor, plug that male plug into the harness female plug and plug the other male harness plug into the T-Map sensor. Easy peasy....

I have a BMS Stage 1 and support has been great
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 05:37 AM   #3
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

its a 30sec install ....im confused ?
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2015, 06:40 AM   #4
ddmyte
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Looks like it just plugs in line to the T-Map sensor. Unplug the sensor, plug that male plug into the harness female plug and plug the other male harness plug into the T-Map sensor. Easy peasy....

I have a BMS Stage 1 and support has been great
Thanks That's what I figure as well but I want to be sure - I am aware that's how the BMS unit works
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:48 AM   #5
ddmyte
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74 View Post
its a 30sec install ....im confused ?
Hi Chaddy,
I'm sure it's as we all think (hence the sketch) but I'm wanting to know from someone who has one - Do you have this powerbox?. Their manual say's there's 2 connectors. I think it works like the JB+ quick install but don't want to damage anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Did you ever install this? And, if yes, how is it working out? I am interested in their chip based on disclosed specs. Much appreciate any light you could shed on the eventual install and experience with it thus far.
      07-09-2015, 02:19 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
Did you ever install this? And, if yes, how is it working out? I am interested in their chip based on disclosed specs. Much appreciate any light you could shed on the eventual install and experience with it thus far.

Can you please elaborate on which specs? Looking at their website it does not say much about the product or the power gains.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 07:54 AM   #8
JibHonk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15 m235i

you deserve this...
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #9
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmyte
Hi Guys,
Bought a Powerbox Nitro 3 weeks ago. Can not get any aftersales help from them. On purchase they immediately sent connection photos but they were not for the M235i. I sent them photos as suggested in their manual and they sent me 3 photos back. Was actually the same photo zoomed into one connector. (see attached). I sent them questions twice but they failed to answer me and when I phoned them (twice) the lady that answered said their English wasn't good enough and that they would answer my email but they never have. I've attached a photo of the equipment I received. I'm currently liaising with a German I know hoping he can call them and get the answers to my questions. (he's not a petro head though) I've attached a sketch which looks as though it's the only way to connect but everything I google seems to suggest another way. Anyone connected one of these to an M235i? Any help appreciated.
This particular piggy back and your photos looks like it only connects to one sensor alone, which is the TMAP sensor in the picture, you unplug this factory TMAP sensor (it's a bit tricky because the clips that hold it in May break if you try to pluck it out to hard. Use a small flathead screwdriver to help you). Once removed, plug in one of the connectors to the removed plug, and the other to where the TMAP sensor went it. Very simple. Please note that most piggy backs use at least 2 sensor plugs to be removed ie the TMAP and MAP sensor (like the jb stage 1, afe scorcher module, Racechip chip tuning box) and some have 3 (TMAP, MAP, and Camshaft sensor) like the vr tuning box. I don't know why your piggy back tuning pack only has one sensor. That seems like one sensor too short and may not be suitable for the n55 engine in the f series bmw, like your m235i. I have a racechip chip tuning box and install is Very easy. The car really comes alive. Good luck.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #10
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Can you please elaborate on which specs? Looking at their website it does not say much about the product or the power gains.
They list all the specs-just select your vehicle: http://www.cpa-chiptuning.de/en/chiptuning/BMW-5.htm

For N57, I've listed them and many more in my footnote.

They seem to have three piggybacks aimed to replicate RaceChip's three tunes. I asked as a general question to see if the OP was satisfied with the product. If you know more about the CPA Nitro I'd appreciate your input.
      07-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #11
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They list all the specs-just select your vehicle: http://www.cpa-chiptuning.de/en/chiptuning/BMW-5.htm

For N57, I've listed them and many more in my footnote.

They seem to have three piggybacks aimed to replicate RaceChip's three tunes. I asked as a general question to see if the OP was satisfied with the product. If you know more about the CPA Nitro I'd appreciate your input.
I dont know more than you about this tune. Thats why i was asking you where you got the specs from

I would ask them for a dyno graph to prove their claims before making a purchase

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #12
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
.....I would ask them for a dyno graph to prove their claims before making a purchase
That is always good advice. I discovered "G Power" chips during research. Price is 2x MPPK. Would you happen to know about them? I posted here, but no reply: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1145389
      07-09-2015, 11:02 AM   #13
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is always good advice. I discovered "G Power" chips during research. Price is 2x MPPK. Would you happen to know about them? I posted here, but no reply: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1145389
Im not familiar with any European diesel tunes .
Looking at their connections, they are stage 1 tunes.
Dont go with what they advertise on their website, ask for dyno graph of stock vs tuned, also how much psi they are adding.

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #14
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Why not just get the racechip? Why buy a product no one has ever used from a company few have ever heard of? The racechip can be had for $600 and is known to be a reliable product. If I was restricted to a budget of sub $1k, I'd be looking at the JB4 or the racechip if you want something more idiot proof.
Appreciate 1