THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning M240i Catback or Axelback

04-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #111
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

If you swap out the front resonator but put it back later on, do you know if that welding work voids any warranty on a lease return or will they charge me for that mod? I did the MPE but they did the welding so its in their books. But a resonator delete is a whole different thing. Anyone with any experience in that?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 04:20 PM   #112
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbruin108 View Post
If you swap out the front resonator but put it back later on, do you know if that welding work voids any warranty on a lease return or will they charge me for that mod? I did the MPE but they did the welding so its in their books. But a resonator delete is a whole different thing. Anyone with any experience in that?
Didn't know they welded the MPE at the dealer. Thought the MPE was clamped onto the factory midpipe.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 06:32 PM   #113
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

Quote:
Dude, just go Dinan

Mine will be installed next Friday
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 04:24 PM   #114
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
Dude, just go Dinan

I'd like to hear yours so I can tell if there is much difference before I consider switching.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 08:32 PM   #115
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
Dude, just go Dinan

I'd like to hear yours so I can tell if there is much difference before I consider switching.
Yeah let's meet up sometime soon. I have a ton more goodies I'll be throwing on the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 07:01 PM   #116
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Hey everyone. Great comments on this thread, it's been useful as I try to decide what mods I may want to get for the M240i I just ordered.

I think I'm leaning towards the Remus because I'd like something that can utilize the valve as I live in a neighborhood where there are neighbors pretty close and want to keep it chill when I'm starting it up in the early mornings. It also seems to be a bit cheaper.

I see a lot of comments about the sound after the upgrade, but not a lot about performance gains. I think I'm understanding that it's really the mid section "cat back" that gives you performance upgrade and the muffler / tail pipe bits are really mostly about the sound.

If I'm gonna be dropping a couple of thousand on this particular modification, I do wonder if there isn't THAT much of a performance upgrade gained from it. And hey, why do you need it to sound better when the engine sounds are being piped through the speakers right? ... I kid I kid, please don't kick me out of the forum!

Would love if someone could speak to any performance gains they had after this upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #117
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Performance increase will be negligible
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #118
Sayo
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i XDrive

So I decided to order the Remus Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 07:44 PM   #119
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo View Post
So I decided to order the Remus Exhaust
Let us know how you like it!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #120
Sayo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Let us know how you like it!
Will do, sir.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #121
Sayo
United_States
Rep

So I've had a the Remus cat-back system for a bit of time and my impressions is that I chose the right cat-back for me. The stock exhaust sounds good but I felt it could do better so I went with Remus. I decided to get my system non-resonated as I will be keeping the stock DP for a while. Quality wise I was beyond impressed by its craftsmanship. Startup is pretty loud but after a bit it settles down nicely. Comfort mode is still quiet so if you don't want to annoy the neighbors you probably should check out Remus. Sport mode is so good in comparison to stock. Very nice cracks and pops low accelerations and light taps on throttle are addicting. Getting on the throttle is even better. My goal was simply to improve the sound of the car and I'm happy with it. Performance did improved but is very marginal. Overall, I think this is the best choice. I rather spend the extra $$$ than MPE.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 03:41 PM   #122
EM240
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M2 LCI; 17 M240ix; '19 Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo View Post
So I've had a the Remus cat-back system for a bit of time and my impressions is that I chose the right cat-back for me. The stock exhaust sounds good but I felt it could do better so I went with Remus. I decided to get my system non-resonated as I will be keeping the stock DP for a while. Quality wise I was beyond impressed by its craftsmanship. Startup is pretty loud but after a bit it settles down nicely. Comfort mode is still quiet so if you don't want to annoy the neighbors you probably should check out Remus. Sport mode is so good in comparison to stock. Very nice cracks and pops low accelerations and light taps on throttle are addicting. Getting on the throttle is even better. My goal was simply to improve the sound of the car and I'm happy with it. Performance did improved but is very marginal. Overall, I think this is the best choice. I rather spend the extra $$$ than MPE.

I’m currently debating between the MPE with a dinan midpipe versus Remus catback. Some say the MPE by itself is only 10%-15% louder than stock, which isn’t enough to justify the cost to me personally. How much louder is Remus versus stock in sport and in comfort? Seems like no change for comfort but how much for sport? Also, any cons to the Remus in your eyes?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #123
Sayo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM240 View Post
I’m currently debating between the MPE with a dinan midpipe versus Remus catback. Some say the MPE by itself is only 10%-15% louder than stock, which isn’t enough to justify the cost to me personally. How much louder is Remus versus stock in sport and in comfort? Seems like no change for comfort but how much for sport? Also, any cons to the Remus in your eyes?
Comfort i'd say very minimal change. IMO, I say in sport it's about 20-25% louder. MPE alone doesn't seem worth it to me.

Cons- Obviously the price. I think the pricing of the tips can get too much. I was expecting it to be a little louder but I'm still absolutely in love with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 04:32 PM   #124
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
I have DS-1 sport DP with resonated Remus on my m240. At idle you hear the engine, not the exhaust. Was the same situation when I had the catless DP as well. Like Sayo mentioned, the cold start routine that is programmed in is stupid loud unfortunately (even with the sport DP and resonated midlife) but thankfully only lasts 5-10 seconds. Even with my exhaust facing away from my house, I hear the exhaust in the mornings whenever my wife takes the car. The cold start isn’t loud enough to wake you though which is nice.
Appreciate 0