THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) First Door Ding

08-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #23
1LegitM235i
1L
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Glacier Silver M235i

I bought dent, windshield, leather protection package for $200 when I bought my M235i. I hope it will come handy when an asshats decides to door ding my car. My wife has been very good parking her as far as away from the door dingleberries (that's my nickname to the asshats) when she shops.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #24
Live4USMC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport/2016 340XI

This is why whenever possible I Park as far as humanly possible from other cars. I know it wasn't possible in this case. Sorry that happened dude, people are ridiculously inconsiderate. Even if you would have caught them in the act they would have just lied about what happened. That's the mess I am going through now.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 10:57 PM   #25
1LegitM235i
1L
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Glacier Silver M235i

Unfortunately, there are a lot of BMW haters out there. Stay positive and press on. Don't get down to the dingleberries' level. Enjoy this video, it'll make you feel better:
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 08:18 AM   #26
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LegitM235i View Post
Unfortunately, there are a lot of BMW haters out there. Stay positive and press on. Don't get down to the dingleberries' level. Enjoy this video, it'll make you feel better:
Lol...funny video!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #27
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Update
Cars fixed and guy did a fantastic job.. Can highly recommend Carolina Dent Co for those in the Charlotte area.

Also there were actually two dents, not just one both right next to each, and apparently it wasn't a car door but he said more likely maybe gravel/rocks slung at my car by maybe lawn mower.
But anyway, its fixed and you absolutely cannot tell there was ever a dent. Totally happy with the repair
      08-05-2015, 01:06 PM   #28
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Obviously, the asshat parked that way on purpose. I fail to understand such sorry attitudes. Maybe you could get that POS car towed.
Agreed. First i would try to talk to them very politely face to face like a gentleman. Most of the time that does the trick as along as you don't come off as entitled.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #29
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Looks like shopping cart ding

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #30
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Nooo, that's terrible! So sorry OP. I am just dreading the first door ding I get...
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 12:25 PM   #31
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
REALLY!

Humans can be a huge disappointment. The driver of that 70's era classic sedan knew parking like that would get under your skin. It's sad but true that there are many people in today's society who hate to see others driving nice cars. Many of them think and know that they will never be able to own a nice car. Since that's the case for many of them, they feel we don't deserve a nice car either for no other reason other than they can't afford one. What they will never understand is that it's the malice in their hearts and their self entitled negative attitudes is what keeps them from ever accomplishing positive goals like having a properous career enabling one to own a nice car. It blows my mind that people who thrive in negativity can't figure out that's why they always have problems and will never succeed in life at anything. Not even something as simple as owning a nice car. It's not difficult to accomplishment if your heart, mind and work ethic is in the right place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Ouch, I feel your pain as I've had three in 1 year. I park in the worst lot at work and have no other choice for parking.
Here's an example of the asshats that park there:
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #32
kd0t
Banned
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LegitM235i
I bought dent, windshield, leather protection package for $200 when I bought my M235i. I hope it will come handy when an asshats decides to door ding my car. My wife has been very good parking her as far as away from the door dingleberries (that's my nickname to the asshats) when she shops.
LOL I too call them door dingleberries hahaha
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #33
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Obviously, the asshat parked that way on purpose. I fail to understand such sorry attitudes. Maybe you could get that POS car towed.
Sadly he probably didnt...I have seen some people take 7-8 times TRYING to get their car in a spot and they end up no better then this asshat. Where I live there is a large number of a certain ethnicity that is known to not being able to drive, that Is why Im giving this asshat the BOTD and saying it wasnt on purpose, just the sad fact they cant drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ChrisRuck View Post
REALLY!

Humans can be a huge disappointment. The driver of that 70's era classic sedan knew parking like that would get under your skin. It's sad but true that there are many people in today's society who hate to see others driving nice cars. Many of them think and know that they will never be able to own a nice car. Since that's the case for many of them, they feel we don't deserve a nice car either for no other reason other than they can't afford one. What they will never understand is that it's the malice in their hearts and their self entitled negative attitudes is what keeps them from ever accomplishing positive goals like having a properous career enabling one to own a nice car. It blows my mind that people who thrive in negativity can't figure out that's why they always have problems and will never succeed in life at anything. Not even something as simple as owning a nice car. It's not difficult to accomplishment if your heart, mind and work ethic is in the right place.
Ill agree with you for sure! Considering the blanket in the window you are probably right...But I see this daily where I live and sadly people park like that in 100k + cars....It just comes down to society doesnt know how to drive, throw on top of that a certain ethnic background and you get a double whammy!

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 10:46 PM   #34
edhawk
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Ouch, I feel your pain as I've had three in 1 year. I park in the worst lot at work and have no other choice for parking.
Here's an example of the asshats that park there:
Cordless drill kept in the trunk with 1 inch bit will stop this shit, 1 hole in each of their side walls always gets the message across, betting they don't have 4 spares in this crapwagon.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 03:24 PM   #35
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
And you just aint gonna believe this.. Just a few weeks after getting the door damage fixed today, bamm,, rock flies off construction truck and puts some really nice dings in the roof of my car, and through the paint to. I'm not really sure how to go about getting this fixed. May have to take to body shop.. Any suggestions ???
      08-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #36
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

I'd still like to know why I can park my car at the end of the parking lot and a dozen spaces away from the nearest car and some knucklehead will park right next to my car? I don't get it. Are they lonely?

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #37
Pyewacket69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L
I'd still like to know why I can park my car at the end of the parking lot and a dozen spaces away from the nearest car and some knucklehead will park right next to my car? I don't get it. Are they lonely?
No, it isn't that.

Simply put, jerks abound everywhere...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #38
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox View Post
And you just aint gonna believe this.. Just a few weeks after getting the door damage fixed today, bamm,, rock flies off construction truck and puts some really nice dings in the roof of my car, and through the paint to. I'm not really sure how to go about getting this fixed. May have to take to body shop.. Any suggestions ???
Man your luck has taken a shitty turn. Paintless may still be able to fix...just snap some photos and ask. If touch up paint cant fix, a roof respray will not be cheap. Hendricks luxury collision does good paint.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #39
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well, Jeff came out and did a totally amazing job. Repair is simply not visible. I cannot sing the praises of Carolina dent repair high enough.