THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 12V socket fuse location

11-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #1
Stregap51
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xdrive

12V socket fuse location

2015 M235i. The front 12V socket does not work. So far the only fuse box I found is in the eng. compartment. But does tell me what each fuse is for. Google searches state there could be a fuse box behind the glove glove box or in the trunk. Does any one know where this fuse is or where the fuse ledger is?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 08:27 PM   #2
Deutsche-Broke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Look in the glove box.. There is a map of both fuse block locations (There are two)... Search for this.. It's hidden in back..

I have also found that these change drastically between model, options, etc, so be sure before you commit to anything. I used the fuse block guides as a starting point when I installed my dash cams.

Start there and then google your make, model, etc.. to narrow the issue..

The fuse block locations indicated I used differed greatly from where my installation ended up.

Your results may vary, so CAREFULLY use a volt / continuity meter to be sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 10:00 AM   #3
delvec03
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i Sport/ DSB

I had this happen after I dropped a dime in the cig lighter. blown fuse. easy to replace, hard to find. I think it was under the hood if I remember correctly. if you can't find the Mao just start pulling and looking for the busted one!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
Stregap51
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvec03 View Post
I had this happen after I dropped a dime in the cig lighter. blown fuse. easy to replace, hard to find. I think it was under the hood if I remember correctly. if you can't find the Mao just start pulling and looking for the busted one!
I found the one under the hood. I can't believe they don't list somewhere what each fuse is for. Thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #5
Deutsche-Broke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stregap51 View Post
I found the one under the hood. I can't believe they don't list somewhere what each fuse is for. Thanks for the help
They do... It's behind the glove box.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 08:54 AM   #6
Stregap51
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ok,Thanks. What's the trick to removing the glovebox? On other cars it's usually by pushing in on the hinge points. This one not so much.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #7
TheCaptain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i x 'vert

You guys seriously have fuses behind the glove box?

My fuse box is in the trunk, and there is nothing behind the glove box. Surprised to learn that different M235i cars have fuse boxes in different locations. My 135 had the fuses behind the glove box and it was pretty easy to drop it down but the glove box in the 235 doesn't seem to remove easily and there's nothing behind there anyways.

I had to tap into the 12V acc fuse to hardwire my radar detector, and i think it was fuse number 25 but there is an index card that has everything listed like others mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 06:47 PM   #8
Stregap51
Enlisted Member
Rep

I agree there is nothing in the glove box on the 2015 235. So far the only one I've located is in the eng. compartment pass side near the near the Batt. jump terminal. There is no fuse description. But I googled it and found fuse symbol description.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #9
kevinf
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

For me I had to look under the floor of my trunk. Near the back of the trunk, there are a set of fuses. There should be a fuse puller and a sheet of what each fuse is for for both the trunk and hood next to the trunk fuses.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 07:43 PM   #10
Deutsche-Broke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stregap51 View Post
I agree there is nothing in the glove box on the 2015 235. So far the only one I've located is in the eng. compartment pass side near the near the Batt. jump terminal. There is no fuse description. But I googled it and found fuse symbol description.
Sorry, I wasn't being clear..

The detailed layout maps for both fuse block locations are on a card which is mounted behind the glove box. There are tabs on the glove box that when held in when in open position can be pushed in to let the glove box door open farther.

It sounds like you found a image online. This is exactly what I did when I installed my dashcam. You don't need to physically find the card.. Many others have posted the image.

The two fuse box locations have already been mentioned. In the trunk under the floor cover and up front on the firewall.

Hope you found the fuse location you were looking for.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 02:33 PM   #11
Bonk!
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 235i m

Zombie Thread Alert!

The lighter has never worked in my m235i since I bought it a year ago. Finally curiousity got the btter of me and this thread helped me quickly find the bad fuse. Popped a new one in and presto, it works. But I'm thinking "I wonder what caused it to blow?" so I look, and there's a penny in the lighter. Pop it out with a pen knife, and (after replacing another newly blown fuse!) take a quick look as I am putting in the lighter. AND THERE'S ANOTHER FREAKING PENNY IN THERE! Sure was an odd place for the former owner to store his change! So, get the knife out and simulatneously pop the penny out and blow the fuse! Good thing I got a box of 5.
Appreciate 0