THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Leith BMW

12-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #155
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Valencia Orange

I agree with mmmmm235i 100%. In case my earlier posting was misunderstood, I wasn't excusing or standing up for Leith or anyone involved in this. I was just saying that in my dealings with John Bailey I found him to be an upfront guy who found himself on the front lines of this fiasco. I think if it was up to him, he would have handled it differently but he's just a soldier in this battle. The dealership is trying to make money off their mistake. If they can get even a few uninformed customers to accept their "we made a mistake here's 15% off" solution, they make profit that they wouldn't have otherwise made if they hadn't made the mistake on the sale. That amounts to bait and switch, in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #156
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd0t View Post
Lol seriously.. A mistake was made and they're trying to make up for it without losing too much money.

To all the people crying: you probably do not run a business and will probably never do if you prolong to have this mentality.

/endthread
FYI, I was in business for 25 years and I am now a college professor of Business. Forgive me if I "prolong to have this mentality", but this is not the way a successful business would have or should have handled this. Having said that, my CF spoiler and black kidneys arrived today from Sun Motors.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #157
kd0t
Banned
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com View Post
FYI, I was in business for 25 years and I am now a college professor of Business. Forgive me if I "prolong to have this mentality", but this is not the way a successful business would have or should have handled this. Having said that, my CF spoiler and black kidneys arrived today from Sun Motors.
I'm very happy for your accomplishments as it is not easy to become a professor. I didn't intend to directly target you, but rather to the community as a whole.

I completely agree it was not a successful way to run a business but mistake was made and the dealer has manned up and tried to offer discounts to alleviate the "damages."

When does one realize this and move on?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #158
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm very happy for your accomplishments as it is not easy to become a professor. I didn't intend to directly target you, but rather to the community as a whole.

I completely agree it was not a successful way to run a business but mistake was made and the dealer has manned up and tried to offer discounts to alleviate the "damages."

I did move on. As I said, my MP parts from Sun arrived today, but moving on doesn't mean we can't critique how the situation was handled.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #159
missxmelon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Quote:
I did move on. As I said, my MP parts from Sun arrived today, but moving on doesn't mean we can't critique how the situation was handled.
Lol, continuing to critique the situation is inherently not moving on...
///M235i | 2015 | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | 8-speed automatic | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Heated Seats | Harman/Kardon Premium Sound | M Performance Exhaust w/ Chrome Tips | Black Kidney Grilles | Carbon Fiber: Mirror Caps, Interior w/ Alcantara Trim, and Brake Handle
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 12:27 AM   #160
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
What a deal! We can get 25% off from Sun Motors every day. You would think that as a gesture of goodwill for their screw up they would at least offer to fill the orders at their cost. That way they don't lose money and the customers get an excellent deal, albeit not as good as they thought they were getting. Accepting orders at 50% off and then offering 15% sounds a lot like bait and switch to me.
This does sound like bait and switch, and is bad business.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #161
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:

EXACTLY!!. Well said. They are not trying to profit from this. Bait and switch? Paranoia....everyone is out to get you chaswyk, no question.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #162
mteele
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
I agree with mmmmm235i 100%. In case my earlier posting was misunderstood, I wasn't excusing or standing up for Leith or anyone involved in this. I was just saying that in my dealings with John Bailey I found him to be an upfront guy who found himself on the front lines of this fiasco. I think if it was up to him, he would have handled it differently but he's just a soldier in this battle. The dealership is trying to make money off their mistake. If they can get even a few uninformed customers to accept their "we made a mistake here's 15% off" solution, they make profit that they wouldn't have otherwise made if they hadn't made the mistake on the sale. That amounts to bait and switch, in my opinion.
Exactly. Leith is quoting me over $500 more for the parts compare to what they can be bought from GetBMWParts for (and Sun would be even cheaper). I wont go on and on about this, everything that can be said has been said. I am considering have my lawyer get involved since it wont cost me anything. They made what is effectively a contract - an exchange of goods for an agreed upon amount of money. And they sent me a confirmation email that even 'confirmed and accepted'.

I will be avoiding Leith in the future whenever possible (they are one of my local dealers).
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #163
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Have you ever bought anything there before?? Call a lawyer? Try to get along. they made a mistake. everyone knows that those parts can't be sold at 50% off.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #164
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

12-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #165
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BOY View Post
EXACTLY!!. Well said. They are not trying to profit from this. Bait and switch? Paranoia....everyone is out to get you chaswyk, no question.
I agree that it wasn't originally intended to be a bait and switch. Someone coded the discount incorrectly so that it worked on MP parts when it should have only worked on Lifestyles items. The bait and switch happened in the way they chose to handle it. They're now, in effect, marketing a 15% discount to those customers whose orders were accepted at 50%. At 15% they're making a significant profit. I don't see that as "manning up" at all. Let's just agree to disagree on this, but let's do it civilly.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #166
mteele
Private First Class
Rep

I dont see how its fair that they set a precedent by allowing other BMW owners to buy their parts at 50% off and not others.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #167
kd0t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteele View Post
Exactly. Leith is quoting me over $500 more for the parts compare to what they can be bought from GetBMWParts for (and Sun would be even cheaper). I wont go on and on about this, everything that can be said has been said. I am considering have my lawyer get involved since it wont cost me anything. They made what is effectively a contract - an exchange of goods for an agreed upon amount of money. And they sent me a confirmation email that even 'confirmed and accepted'.

I will be avoiding Leith in the future whenever possible (they are one of my local dealers).
Wow.. I am beyond speechless at what you're saying right now.

Think about it this way.. What if Leith actually had the sale for 50% off but it was only to the first person who ordered the M performance parts at 1 piece each? So what now? You will NEVER know who got it and who didn't.

My point is Leith could've said that and you guys would all be shit outta luck. But instead they manned up, admitted their mistake and tried to offer a lesser discount to try to make you happy. And yet you want to go legal just because you didn't get your MPE? Go ask Santa for your parts.

Yes I will agree the discount is not enough and vendors on 2addicts can easily beat it.. So take your business to them.

You guys disgust me in every single way. If I were Leith, I would be jumping in joy that you are avoiding my dealership. You are no better than the kids that waste time at dealership with test drives and tire kicking.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #168
kd0t
Banned
Rep

Also, what contract did you sign?

NOTHING. You simply entered your name, address, and credit card information.

You are/will get your money back. Move on
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #169
mteele
Private First Class
Rep

Knew I'd get atleast one response like that
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #170
mteele
Private First Class
Rep

You dont have to sign anything for a legal contract to be established

Quote:
In common law legal systems, a contract (or informally known as an agreement in some jurisdictions) is an agreement having a lawful object entered into voluntarily by two or more parties, each of whom intends to create one or more legal obligations between them. The elements of a contract are "offer" and "acceptance" by "competent persons" having legal capacity who exchange "consideration" to create "mutuality of obligation."[1]

Proof of some or all of these elements may be done in writing, though contracts may be made entirely orally or by conduct.
There, go learn something. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #171
kd0t
Banned
Rep

Haha yeah because the golden rule of everything written down and signed on paper doesn't apply to your case right?

Grow up
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #172
kd0t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteele View Post
You dont have to sign anything for a legal contract to be established

There, go learn something. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract
Thanks for the tip!

Maybe you should take a moment and read their fine print instead of reading Wikipedia. Perhaps they have something around the lines of..."prices are subject to change at all times?"

Good luck with the he said/she said holding up in court.

Legal involved just because you couldn't get your M Performance parts LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #173
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the tip!

Maybe you should take a moment and read their fine print instead of reading Wikipedia. Perhaps they have something around the lines of..."prices are subject to change at all times?"

Good luck with the he said/she said holding up in court.

Legal involved just because you couldn't get your M Performance parts LOL
kd0t, every time you post you further illuminate your ignorance. They made an offer, he accepted it, he provided consideration in the form of his credit card information and his approval for them to charge his card, they were both competent people and the contract was for a legal transaction. It meets all four elements required to create a contract. It is also not a "he said/she said" scenario. The poster has an email from them accepting his order. I would not go so far as to take legal action, but that is the prerogative of the poster.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #174
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

Quote:
They made an offer, he accepted it, he provided consideration in the form of his credit card information and his approval for them to charge his card, they were both competent people and the contract was for a legal transaction. It meets all four elements required to create a contract. It is also not a "he said/she said" scenario. The poster has an email from them accepting his order. I would not go so far as to take legal action, but that is the prerogative of the poster.
Yes it meets all four, but there also have to be damages.

As the only one here who has posted anything that shows actual damages, and with me having no intent to pull the lawyer card, can we drop that topic?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #175
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

I am almost certain a business like this would have their own TOS which would make the damages claim irrelevant.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #176
tnk210
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Appreciate 0