THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Exhaust Options Please Help!

05-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
db235
Enlisted Member
Colombia
Rep
Drives: Alpine White F22 M235i

Exhaust Options Please Help!

So Im completely FBO right now, 373whp and 400wtq and im really happy how fast this thing has become but i feel that i just need that extra scream when WOT. My exhaust setup at the moment is catless downpipe and MPE, no drone whatsoever, it sounds really good but i just want more to pair up with the speed and acceleration the car is putting down.
My question to you guys is which of these would you advise me:
Just adding a non-resonated midpipe or go full straight pipe with a fabspeed muffler bypass and midpipe.
Drone does concern me a bit since I daily drive this car but only if it is obnoxious, if it is slight drone i dont mind.

Hope you can help me guys!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Full straight pipe might drone ... You would want to go catted DP + muffler delete or catless + REMUS catback

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
Shayan55
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
2105 BMW M235I  [0.00]
personally i would get a muffler delete but thats just me i like being annoyingly loud. but i wouldn't get any name brand for the delete because it just seems like a waste to spend that much money on a strait pipe lol. but then again thats just me.
(Sold) M235I Dinan intake, Active Autowerke FMIC, meisterschaft, TCKline coilovers, NT01's, BMS Oil cooler valve, VRSF DP&CP, BM3,StopTech Trophy BBK, Corbeau FX1 Pro seats, AP bar, Bimmerworld V3 Wing, APR Front splitter, Seibon Vented CF Hood
399.8whp on 91oct
Hmu on Ig: @n55_shayan
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 09:47 PM   #4
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by f22_shayan View Post
personally i would get a muffler delete but thats just me i like being annoyingly loud. but i wouldn't get any name brand for the delete because it just seems like a waste to spend that much money on a strait pipe lol. but then again thats just me.
I kind of agree with you here. I have an Armytrix full exhaust and ER catless DP. I have debated on deleting the muffler and going duel 2.5" straight pipes. I have a friend with a tig welder. Might do that this summer. I just wonder if it will be too raspy without a resonator
Appreciate 1
Shayan55338.50
      05-15-2017, 09:48 PM   #5
Shayan55
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2105 BMW M235I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpoomanchu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f22_shayan View Post
I kind of agree with you here. I have an Armytrix full exhaust and ER catless DP. I have debated on deleting the muffler and going duel 2.5" straight pipes. I have a friend with a tig welder. Might do that this summer. I just wonder if it will be too raspy without a resonator
Honestly when i did my resonator delete it hardly made a difference. Our resonators are tiny
(Sold) M235I Dinan intake, Active Autowerke FMIC, meisterschaft, TCKline coilovers, NT01's, BMS Oil cooler valve, VRSF DP&CP, BM3,StopTech Trophy BBK, Corbeau FX1 Pro seats, AP bar, Bimmerworld V3 Wing, APR Front splitter, Seibon Vented CF Hood
399.8whp on 91oct

Last edited by Shayan55; 05-18-2017 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #6
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

We have already chatted but a full straight pipe from the turbo back is definitely going to drone - that's just nature of the beast. Check your PMs and I would be happy to chat more.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #7
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Ah you have the full armytrix. I always best myself up on whether or not I should have gone now or armytrix.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 11:12 PM   #8
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

I have a Fabspeed valvetronic exhaust on my car. Stock dp. I was parked at the grocery store and started my car. Dude in the convertible car next to me got out, popped his head into my open window and said that my car "sounds viscous" lol. He's not wrong. It sounds amazing. Not a day goes by that it doesn't bring a smile to my face. It sounds good WOT too even with all of the wind noise. I drive around with my windows open pretty much 90% of the time.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread

Last edited by BentZero; 06-06-2017 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 2
      06-06-2017, 08:24 AM   #9
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I have a Fabspeed valvetronic exhaust on my car. Stock dp. I was parked at the grocery store and started my car. Dude in the convertible car next to me got out, popped his head into my open window and said that my car "sounds viscous" lol. He's not wrong. It sounds amazing. Not a day goes by that it doesn't bring a smile to my face. It wounds good WOT too even with all of the wind noise. I drive around with my windows open pretty much 90% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #10
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a Fabspeed valvetronic exhaust on my car. Stock dp. I was parked at the grocery store and started my car. Dude in the convertible car next to me got out, popped his head into my open window and said that my car "sounds viscous" lol. He's not wrong. It sounds amazing. Not a day goes by that it doesn't bring a smile to my face. It wounds good WOT too even with all of the wind noise. I drive around with my windows open pretty much 90% of the time.
You should post some videos of it!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #11
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I drive around with my windows open pretty much 90% of the time.
I guess I'm not the only one. I often think others look at me like I'm crazy rollin with the windows down at 90 degrees
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #12
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I guess I'm not the only one. I often think others look at me like I'm crazy rollin with the windows down at 90 degrees
Right there with you brothah.

Also got mpe and catless,. Now I'm kinda wondering what muffler delete sounds like? Undoing the clamp. And removing the muffler I'll advised of I want to hear it straight pipped.

Not sure if it's a good idea to have flames potentially shooting out underneath the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 09:56 PM   #13
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Quote:
Right there with you brothah.

Also got mpe and catless,. Now I'm kinda wondering what muffler delete sounds like? Undoing the clamp. And removing the muffler I'll advised of I want to hear it straight pipped.

Not sure if it's a good idea to have flames potentially shooting out underneath the car.
No doubt,... i haven't even looked into removing the muffler yet. Ive been too busy lately.
I have been debating on Meth tho. Seriously kicking it around. How is it treating you. ? You should update your thread. I have checked it once or twice in hopes you would have updated since your last post. You iron out the little issues you had..?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #14
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No doubt,... i haven't even looked into removing the muffler yet. Ive been too busy lately.
I have been debating on Meth tho. Seriously kicking it around. How is it treating you. ? You should update your thread. I have checked it once or twice in hopes you would have updated since your last post. You iron out the little issues you had..?
Ahh you are right I should update. Yeah it's awesome, waaaay more power and not a nuisance to maintain, like I might have thought.

And wow I really need to start checking my auto correct. It has really massacured the last few post I have made.

But yeah I was thinking about taking the clamp off and removing mpe and just running with a straight pipe under the car for a couple days to get an idea. Although I'm not sure this is a great idea with the potential for backfire flames under the car.

Maybe a straight pipe could be fit into the mpe clamp just to get the pipe behind the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 06:15 PM   #15
Shayan55
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2105 BMW M235I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by db235 View Post
So Im completely FBO right now, 373whp and 400wtq and im really happy how fast this thing has become but i feel that i just need that extra scream when WOT. My exhaust setup at the moment is catless downpipe and MPE, no drone whatsoever, it sounds really good but i just want more to pair up with the speed and acceleration the car is putting down.
My question to you guys is which of these would you advise me:
Just adding a non-resonated midpipe or go full straight pipe with a fabspeed muffler bypass and midpipe.
Drone does concern me a bit since I daily drive this car but only if it is obnoxious, if it is slight drone i dont mind.

Hope you can help me guys!
I recently got a kittyless dp (shout out to mike at xph) and have no muffler. To be honest. Its ridiculously loud. Especially on decel the cracks and pops are very loud. And it does drone a tad. But honestly thats my thing. I like being really loud and i love it.
399.8whp on 91oct
Appreciate 0