THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning It's Here! | Fabspeed's M235i Performance Exhaust Line

Closed Thread

02-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #133
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theworldswisestman View Post
Hi interested in the Muffler Bypass Exhaust System on it's own as i fear the Sports Cat could ruin any long journeys I plan to make in my F22.

What would shipping be to the UK

What would the best price available on the Muffler Bypass Exhaust System

and just for interest what would be the best price for both the Exhaust and the sports cat?

Cheers
Awesome! The Muffler Bypass is great. I have it installed on my personal M235i coupled with our Sport Cat as well!

I am a little confused to your concern about the Sport Cat and taking long trips with it. The Sport Cat will not pose any issues with long distance trips. I actually had a customer install his Sport Cat and take a 1500+mi round trip a couple days after installation. He loved every single mile!

I will also shoot you a PM and we can chat some more about the Muffler Bypass and the Sport Cat!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 03:09 PM   #134
Theworldswisestman
Rep
Drives: BMW F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Awesome! The Muffler Bypass is great. I have it installed on my personal M235i coupled with our Sport Cat as well!

I am a little confused to your concern about the Sport Cat and taking long trips with it. The Sport Cat will not pose any issues with long distance trips. I actually had a customer install his Sport Cat and take a 1500+mi round trip a couple days after installation. He loved every single mile!

I will also shoot you a PM and we can chat some more about the Muffler Bypass and the Sport Cat!
all the reviews I have read about this system have been great and the videos make it sound incredible. My only concern was what drone there would inside the cockpit. Thanks for the PM will reply now with shipping address.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #135
LiuC
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

I can guarantee that there is zero drone in stock muffler and sport cat.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2017, 04:50 PM   #136
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theworldswisestman View Post
all the reviews I have read about this system have been great and the videos make it sound incredible. My only concern was what drone there would inside the cockpit. Thanks for the PM will reply now with shipping address.
I got your PM and just sent you one back! Thank you for all your questions and I look forward to working with you!

With the Sport Cat + Muffler Bypass Exhaust, you will see a slight amount of resonance in the cabin but it is by no means overbearing. 110% daily driveable. I do it every day with my M235i!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiuC View Post
I can guarantee that there is zero drone in stock muffler and sport cat.
You are correct! There is absolutely no drone with Sport Cat and stock muffler.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 05:57 PM   #137
LiuC
Private
Canada
Rep

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=iVIrXCFFPOk

As per request a video of stock exhaust and Fabspeed catted DP, sorry it's after work under ground parking, so it seems abit louder than it really is. On street while driving its much more quiet.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2017, 11:06 AM   #138
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=iVIrXCFFPOk

As per request a video of stock exhaust and Fabspeed catted DP, sorry it's after work under ground parking, so it seems abit louder than it really is. On street while driving its much more quiet.
LiuC thanks for the video! Any videos you can shoot are much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #139
LiuC
Private
Canada
Rep

Here's another video Bobby, I decided to go with the MPE... not as loud for sure but I like the ability to have the factory valve in the muffler toggle between sport and comfort, none the less the sport cat made a heck of difference.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=fbxoZ9wdK6s
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #140
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here's another video Bobby, I decided to go with the MPE... not as loud for sure but I like the ability to have the factory valve in the muffler toggle between sport and comfort, none the less the sport cat made a heck of difference.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=fbxoZ9wdK6s
Awesome video! The MPE + Sport Cat is a great combination and is probably one of the most popular setups.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 09:24 AM   #141
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Our Sport Cat is the go-to part for the M235i. I would love to get everyone set up with this 'must have' product! PM me for more info and pricing!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #142
xojustin
schmember
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i AW/BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Our Sport Cat is the go-to part for the M235i. I would love to get everyone set up with this 'must have' product! PM me for more info and pricing!
Does the Sport Cat Downpipe screw with the warranty? And can I run it in Commie California?
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #143
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xojustin View Post
Does the Sport Cat Downpipe screw with the warranty? And can I run it in Commie California?
You shouldn't have any issues in regards to warranty. I have our Sport Cat and Muffler Bypass Exhaust on my M235i and I bring it to the dealer all the time and I do not have any headaches.

In regards to Commie Cali haha - You will have no issues with it passing emissions and such except the visual test. To be honest the downpipe is so tucked up in there they probably wont be able to see a difference. Most guys keep the OEM set up and swap it in and out come SMOG/emissions time.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #144
xojustin
schmember
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i AW/BLK

Thank you for the quick response. It's all bolt-on, correct? About how long is installation (just so I know) incase I purchase one and have to remove it prior to smog tests.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2017, 11:12 AM   #145
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the quick response. It's all bolt-on, correct? About how long is installation (just so I know) incase I purchase one and have to remove it prior to smog tests.
You are correct! It is a direct replacement for the OEM system. So simply remove the OEM set up and replace with ours. Installation time will be at most 3-4 hours. Most technicians can get it done in about 2. Check your PMs, I'll be sending you one now!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 02:38 PM   #146
Benandluna
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 x3 m40i

Quote:
Just find a shop that will install it for you. Most shops will since it has O2 sensors and can pass smog. Like Bobby said it wont pass visual if they really look so keep your stock part.

A couple of shops asked me if it was CARB approved, and no aftermarket part is for our cars or even allowed. But all i said is it is 50 state emissions passable, and 2 spots were like sure no problem then.

Definitely one of the go to parts for our cars.

2016 BSM M235i: Fully loaded.
Dinan Stage II Tune, Dinan CAI, Fabspeed Sport Cat, Fabspeed Muffler Delete.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #147
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benandluna View Post
Just find a shop that will install it for you. Most shops will since it has O2 sensors and can pass smog. Like Bobby said it wont pass visual if they really look so keep your stock part.

A couple of shops asked me if it was CARB approved, and no aftermarket part is for our cars or even allowed. But all i said is it is 50 state emissions passable, and 2 spots were like sure no problem then.

Definitely one of the go to parts for our cars.
^This guy knows his stuff!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 03:27 PM   #148
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Hand made in-house! Here's a look at a nearly completed Sport Cat Downpipe in a fixture. It's far from our prettiest fixture (it's seen its fair share of use) but it very much gets the job done. We build our fixtures to ensure proper clearances, tolerances, and assemble each downpipe. We are working full steam ahead to meet the high demand and craft your downpipes!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-05-2017, 09:11 AM   #149
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

We are cranking away on these downpipes! Don't be the only one without one. PM me for more details.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #150
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

We have a couple Muffler Bypass Systems and a ton of Sport Cats in the pipeline! Don't be the only one without one this summer! PM me for more details!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #151
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Does anyone have any questions?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 05:59 PM   #152
skidplate
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235iX; 2020 X3

I would like to have you install a sportcat downpipe for me. I'm a few hours away but should be passing by in a few weeks. Any openings for installs around Memorial day, and how long would it take?
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #153
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidplate View Post
I would like to have you install a sportcat downpipe for me. I'm a few hours away but should be passing by in a few weeks. Any openings for installs around Memorial day, and how long would it take?
We would be happy to get that done for you. Please shoot me an email at Bobby@Fabspeed.com and I would be happy to squeeze you in!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 02:40 PM   #154
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

A handful of downpipes are almost ready to ship out to customers. Who's next?! PM me for more details!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread