THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA New M240i xdrive on its way to TO

03-13-2018, 08:53 PM   #23
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
This is for Canadians.Once you know your VIN,go to the VIN decoder and put your VIN in to get your production date.Then you need to change the last number of of VIN,one number lower or greater.This will give you another 2 series car.Then make sure it is a US car and that it was built on the same day as your car.All of this info is listed in the VIN decoder.Then go to the BMW genius website and register the car,using the US VIN with a US user name,US address and US phone number.Once you do that it will give you the production number and production status.Then you can call the 1-800 number on the website and talk to a genius rep who will give you detailed production status info about your car.He will ask for your phone number.Just make sure you give him the same US phone number that you used when you registered on the website.The 1-800 number works from Canada.Because the US car has finished production the same day as your car it will be on the same ship from Bremerhaven.All of the ships from Germany go to Halifax first and then to the US ports along the east coast of the US,New York and then Baltimore.I just did this and it worked.My new M2 just arrived in Halifax on March 10.This is the only way to track the car now for Canadians because the W and W website doesn’t let you track the car on the ship anymore with the VIN.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage
Interesting idea. Since I have a cottage in Michigan so a US address and US phone number, not too hard. I don't care about shipping though as I am doing European Delivery. I just want to know its production status. I have been tracking in on a vin decoder, however, all they tell you is production date but I don't know where that means (beginning, end, somewhere in between??).

The reason I am trying to find out is the vin decoder is showing the wrong wheels but I have been told that sometimes options are showing incorrectly until production is complete.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 09:11 PM   #24
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike519 View Post
Interesting idea. Since I have a cottage in Michigan so a US address and US phone number, not too hard. I don't care about shipping though as I am doing European Delivery. I just want to know its production status. I have been tracking in on a vin decoder, however, all they tell you is production date but I don't know where that means (beginning, end, somewhere in between??).

The reason I am trying to find out is the vin decoder is showing the wrong wheels but I have been told that sometimes options are showing incorrectly until production is complete.
Have you tried the http://bimmer.work VIN decoder?They give very detailed info and I have never seen the wrong options listed.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 10:30 PM   #25
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Have you tried the http://bimmer.work VIN decoder?They give very detailed info and I have never seen the wrong options listed.
That site incorrectly lists my M240i as having an automatic transmission.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #26
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
Quote:
That site incorrectly lists my M240i as having an automatic transmission.
Yes, that's the one I was using. Shows the wrong wheels so just hoping it's an error.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #27
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Yes, that's the one I was using. Shows the wrong wheels so just hoping it's an error.
This site was accurate in decoding my VIN:
https://www.bmwvin.com
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #28
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Yup that was me. 2006 Z4M in Sepang. Been away from Bimmer for a while (2014) but picking up my new M240i at the Welt in 2 months from tomorrow!
I too am back to the bimmer after being away since 2013
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 07:22 AM   #29
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

She's arrived

picked it up on the 10th.

this is the only pic that this site will accept for some reason. My GF took it on her phone, it won't accept the pics taken on my phone.

Loving it so far...my 20th car. Highlights include, a z4 coupe, a 2015 corvette, 981 cayman S.

Coming from the 981S, this car is a welcome change.
The engine is an absolute peach, so buttery smooth and eager. Turbo lag is still there (more so than I remember on the test drive), but I seem to be getting used to it such that it's no longer an issue. Car is incredibly fast, and I've only gone half throttle so far so try to give a gentlish break in. Faster than the cayman for sure. Sounds decent as well with the MPE.
the zf8 is very responsive, I drive in manual almost all the time, and so far not missing the manual...which was a big worry for me.
The ride is very comfortable, much more so than my x73 equipped 981 cayman.
really like the compact dimensions.
the xdrive is awesome, the ice storm last night was easy peasy...
For sure it doesn't handle like the cayman, but I am not a track guy so that is not a huge loss for me.

Overall very happy with the change
Attached Images

Last edited by baege; 04-15-2018 at 08:12 AM..
Appreciate 0