THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Track day coming - advice?

09-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #23
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
Just post the videos on youtube and post a link here.

I'm curious about the tire issue too. Did they just look kind of tore up or was there something else? Tire tread can look really weird after a track session, but it's normal (os so i'm told), and starts looking normal again.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 11:35 PM   #24
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

I think what he was seeing is the tires pick up left over rubber on the track.... after a few sessions what you start seeing is 2 or 3 "lines" of additional rubber on top of your tire which is not mostly from your tire but from rubber that get's picked up....

as soon as you drive a few hundred miles on the freeway the extra rubber starts wearing or coming off....

The laptimer app is outright fantastic.....it tracks all your laps, you can see steering input, braking, throttle....
and the most useful "fuel"... you can see how your mpg vaires from 2 to 5 mpg you feel like a F1 driver

Also best part my instructor had a 1M so after my sessions we would jump on his car and he would take me for a ride... was really helpful as you can compare your line back to back which makes learning so much easier

Last edited by pikcachu; 09-14-2014 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0