THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 228i hesitation/rpm drop under acceleration

04-09-2024, 03:08 PM   #1
finn228i
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw 228i m sport

228i hesitation/rpm drop under acceleration

F22 228i manual rwd

So I’ve noticed that under hard acceleration my 228i seems to get around the 3-4k rpm area and maybe 1-2 times will drop a few hundred rpm for a split second before climbing back up but it give a noticeable loss in power. I’ve checked other forums and asked about but get many other answers so just wondering if anyone here has any ideas or has had a similar issue.

Answers I’ve had so far are spark plugs, injectors, fuel pump, dsc, engine knock prevention and clutch. Do any of these seem right?

Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated so I can try sort it myself before taking it into the garage
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 04:15 PM   #2
Shirazkhan
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw

Scan the car for faults,will be the best for now.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 05:53 PM   #3
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

The problem with asking these questions is you will get many opinions but no concrete answers. The reason for that is we simply can't diagnose your car over the Internet. Take it to your favorite mechanic and have them properly diagnose the issue. Then you will know what it is and then if you decide to fix it yourself, you can get useful tips here.
Appreciate 0