THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Opinions on splitter flippers?

06-11-2021, 10:26 AM   #23
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
No prob, and your welcome.

Not sure why they say they wont fit. I used heavy duty double sided tape for mine and it works great. I attached these THEN drilled and bolted the lower part to the car.

NOTE: I wanted to make sure it was the same one, so I tailed my ebay history. Here is the exact one I bought. The first one got to me no problem. The second one got damaged in transit (never made it to me, UPS admitted fault and sent it back to vendor), and they immediately sent another one.

Sorry for any confusion.

josh

Awesome! That makes sense. You had to drill the bumper? That must be why the ebay seller said it won't work.

What about the rear diffuser. Any issues getting it in?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 10:37 AM   #24
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakthru View Post
Awesome! That makes sense. You had to drill the bumper? That must be why the ebay seller said it won't work.

What about the rear diffuser. Any issues getting it in?
Nope. Keep in mind the rear is OEM M perf. It fits like a glove.

josh
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 10:54 AM   #25
whoismorggan
Bimmer Nut + Software Dev
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3 IE Stage 1

Garage List
I love mine. I recently lowered my car and I knew if I got the full lip it would get destroyed. Plus, the previous owner scratched up the area that the flippers cover up so it's a win/win - carbon matches my mirror caps too!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
spidy512494.50
      06-11-2021, 12:43 PM   #26
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinganonymous View Post
I love mine. I recently lowered my car and I knew if I got the full lip it would get destroyed. Plus, the previous owner scratched up the area that the flippers cover up so it's a win/win - carbon matches my mirror caps too!
Nice!
I was thinking carbon but ill probably go gloss black on white.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 03:41 PM   #27
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Nice. Where did you buy these from? Got a link?
      06-11-2021, 07:07 PM   #28
whoismorggan
Bimmer Nut + Software Dev
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3 IE Stage 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Quote:
Nice. Where did you buy these from? Got a link?
Thanks! Got them on eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/221654517371
Appreciate 1
spidy512494.50
      06-11-2021, 07:18 PM   #29
Theriot95
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Here are a few additional pictures if anyone is wondering how they look - I had some trouble finding pictures when I was considering buying. Very happy with how they turned out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
spidy512494.50
      06-12-2021, 02:06 PM   #30
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
Nope. Keep in mind the rear is OEM M perf. It fits like a glove.

josh
Yeah. I heard it literally just bolts right in spot on.
Appreciate 1
spidy512494.50
      06-12-2021, 02:24 PM   #31
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriot95 View Post
Here are a few additional pictures if anyone is wondering how they look - I had some trouble finding pictures when I was considering buying. Very happy with how they turned out.
I really appreciate your pics man. You car really looks good with these. I'm excited to get them now. Now I'm wondering gloss black or carbon. I have the gloss M mirror caps. Decisions decisions. Does your flappers have an attachment at the bottom of the bumper? Im thinking individually sold flappers don't wrap around the bottom and just uses tape. I know the ones the come with the lip do so, there's screw involved.
Never-ending, I see the link above. They just tape around outside and not the bottom.

The only thing about carbon is I feel like they'll get beat up, fade and cracks sooner.
Where you get the side blades from?

Last edited by brakthru; 06-12-2021 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 03:38 PM   #32
Theriot95
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I really appreciate your pics man. You car really looks good with these. I'm excited to get them now. Now I'm wondering gloss black or carbon. I have the gloss M mirror caps. Decisions decisions. Does your flappers have an attachment at the bottom of the bumper? Im thinking individually sold flappers don't wrap around the bottom and just uses tape. I know the ones the come with the lip do so, there's screw involved.
Never-ending, I see the link above. They just tape around outside and not the bottom.

The only thing about carbon is I feel like they'll get beat up, fade and cracks sooner.
Where you get the side blades from?
Thanks! These splitters do actually have the bottom wrap-around portion. They are from an eBay listing that has both the lip and splitters. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/143886021189 - Out of stock at time of this post) Originally I wanted to run just the lip, but was not pleased with the fitment, and decided to try this look out instead and have really grown to like it.

As far as fitment, they do have holes in the bottom of them for the lip to attached with screws. I have mine attached only with double-sided tape with no issues.

Side blades are from KGsplitters (https://www.ebay.com/itm/193778360848) and they fit perfectly. Not over the top, and can be had in matte black, gloss black wrap, or carbon wrap. Mine are gloss black to match the window trim. I think they turned out really well also, helps tie in black trim to the bottom of the car, cheap, and are a different option from the M Performance stickers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 04:43 PM   #33
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! These splitters do actually have the bottom wrap-around portion. They are from an eBay listing that has both the lip and splitters. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/143886021189 - Out of stock at time of this post) Originally I wanted to run just the lip, but was not pleased with the fitment, and decided to try this look out instead and have really grown to like it.

As far as fitment, they do have holes in the bottom of them for the lip to attached with screws. I have mine attached only with double-sided tape with no issues.

Side blades are from KGsplitters (https://www.ebay.com/itm/193778360848) and they fit perfectly. Not over the top, and can be had in matte black, gloss black wrap, or carbon wrap. Mine are gloss black to match the window trim. I think they turned out really well also, helps tie in black trim to the bottom of the car, cheap, and are a different option from the M Performance stickers.
Thanks! This is good info. I might check out the blades since they're reasonably priced. They may stick out a Lil too far for me. Will have to see.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 10:19 AM   #34
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey, is it me or does the gloss black M mirror caps just look huge on the 240i? I've only had them on about week or so. It seems when the mirrors are open and I'm standing a little ways off from the front of the car, the gloss black stands out and the caps remind me of Mickey mouse ears. I think the black on white car may exacerbate the effect. I've gotten use to it and doesn't look bad. But now with the mirrors closed, the side view is a bit much. It reminds me of the old white police cars with the black mirrors and stuff on the side.

I don't see this effect from the picture of your white caps. Maybe it's the angle or the matching white reduces this effect. I'm thinking about white M caps now.
You get this effect with your car?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #35
Theriot95
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey, is it me or does the gloss black M mirror caps just look huge on the 240i? I've only had them on about week or so. It seems when the mirrors are open and I'm standing a little ways off from the front of the car, the gloss black stands out and the caps remind me of Mickey mouse ears. I think the black on white car may exacerbate the effect. I've gotten use to it and doesn't look bad. But now with the mirrors closed, the side view is a bit much. It reminds me of the old white police cars with the black mirrors and stuff on the side.

I don't see this effect from the picture of your white caps. Maybe it's the angle or the matching white reduces this effect. I'm thinking about white M caps now.
You get this effect with your car?
There are some angles I find that do make the M style mirror caps look a little strange - I believe that effect will likely apply to any color, due to our cars being more of a slim profile relative to M cars.

For me personally, I don't mind it too much. Front-on view looks great, and side view looks good to me as well.

I went with white mirror caps because I was not intending to pursue that typical black/white theme we see often with white cars and wanted something different. I think they look really good with the black accent on the bottom portion.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 12:35 PM   #36
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
There are some angles I find that do make the M style mirror caps look a little strange - I believe that effect will likely apply to any color, due to our cars being more of a slim profile relative to M cars.

For me personally, I don't mind it too much. Front-on view looks great, and side view looks good to me as well.

I went with white mirror caps because I was not intending to pursue that typical black/white theme we see often with white cars and wanted something different. I think they look really good with the black accent on the bottom portion.
I love how the black caps give the car that little extra aggressive look. I like how the white caps give that stylish high end look. It was a hard choice for me. I think the white caps will look better from a side view with mirrors closed though. Otherwise, I'm so glad I did this upgrade.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 01:11 PM   #37
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

Quote:
That looks nice, definitely got my attention. I have not actually seen one of these on a mineral gray yet. Anybody?
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #38
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Haha,

I have had or have pretty much all of the above.

The rocker plates are awesome! I drilled mine n and they look great. The mat finish matched the rear diffuser as well as the front chin spoilers.

I ALSO had the carbon ones above. They are thinner material, and "chin" stick out a bit more aggressively. Which looks good! I plan to get a set as a third backup as i destroy more chin spoilers. Haha.

Glad to see this being documented for others. its hard to find reasonably prices body parts for these cars....

josh
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 11:48 PM   #39
angel_grin
Australia
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoismorggan View Post
Are these more protruded than the bumper? it also looks more pointier than others in this thread. Can you please confirm? And a link of where you bought it from? Thanks!

I like the look of this, it looks like the e92 M3 flaps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0