THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning RaceChip Ultimate discussion thread

03-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #243
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachDinanFan View Post
Fanboy I didn't get your posts deleted, you're just causing headaches where it is not welcomed. And when you quote something quote the whole thing, I was a mb 2011 c300 owner and told them exactly why I was sharing the post and infact there are 2 more MB owners who have it on their MB cars and confirmed how good it is.
I stand on my words and here's the link http://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w2...2hp-321tq.html (No longer works since he decided to report it and have the moderators close it)
What's wrong with giving back to the forum of the car I use to own? Whats wrong with sharing information they might not know of? There are plenty of people on this board who share info with me. I was going to do the mistake of going with another tune, but my perfectionism made me delay the buy and found aFe scorcher but then found what made more, and the folks who have Racechip are all truly honest and great people.
Stop thread jacking please thats why moderators are deleting your post.
Thanks for stalking me btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
In my dealings with 4 various Stage 1 tunes thus far I have experience different results; 2 of which I have documented with Dyno's runs against the base. At this point I don't need to prove to myself that my latest trial with the RC Ultimate is giving me the most satisfaction to date. If someone really wants emperial data, feel free to go out and purchase a box of your choice and do a factory baseline and a dyno run with the device to see what difference it makes for you. It has taken me more than a few efforts to finally find a device that is giving me what I want out of the M235i. I'm truly happy and done looking.
thank you for all your effort and time on what you have done reviewing, testing on the different tunes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74 View Post
Well said !! There is a night a day difference between other tunes and the RC !!For the dollars its amazingly great
I never tried any other tune but I've tested the RC against 35i (N55) stock w/ K&N dropin and 28i Dinan stage1 =D it is much success (borat's voice) very niceeeeeee!

If anyone here has Android and wants to use Torque Pro (app) let me know I can PM you the details, it is great in data logging (WHP, WTQ, Ambient Air, Intake Manifold Pressure, Turbo Boost, 0-60 etc) . I use it with OBDLINK Lx which is the Scantool (Bluetooth) and works great.
I also use Dash Command but it reads higher which we can assume like crank numbers.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Last edited by FSociety; 03-17-2015 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2015, 09:58 PM   #244
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Finished my motorcycle project yesterday, the bike is running factory perfect again! Finished getting the car washed and interior vacuumed so I will be heading out for some photos and dry runs here shortly. Back in while.

Run in B mode then switched to D mode. Felt a difference in the D mode that was stronger right off idle and harder shifts in Auto Sport mode.

Quote:
Let's not make this about Dinan because last time I said anything you had my posts deleted. I will just say Dinan is a mild $500 tune with a $1500 power train warranty. To some the warranty is worth it and to others it is not. Just don't think you can have power gains with no warranty and then get BMW to cover you if you blow something up because that's illegal and immoral, and you probably would not get away with it anyway.

I did find an interesting post under your name on another forum and I think it sheds some bright light on to this discussion. You are pushing this RC system in exchange for sales commissions. See below. Maybe the moderators should be deleting your posts instead of mine.
I've kept 2 screws lately since I'm going to Dynojet in 2 weeks and been playing with my OBD2 apps datalogging each setting =)
Went back down to stock setting today and going to bump up 1 at a time and continue data logging

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 01:14 AM   #245
M2-BM35i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2Comp

Quick question -

Have you found throttle response to be even better than standard with RC ?

With my S1 my throttle response in sport mode is v good !
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2015, 08:22 AM   #246
Silvermike
Second Lieutenant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M220i 6MT

Garage List
2015 M220  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
If any of these two really fits our cars and someone dares to take the risk and buy it, please let us know, 'cause if it fits, I will go with one but in carbon fiber
Works for the N20, unsure about the N55

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1098498
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #247
Béhème
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Is it safe to say that stage 1 tunes basically only add boost (some being adjustable) and that the more advanced stage 2 tunes also influence other parameters (some tunes being more customizable than others)?

Given that the stage 1 tunes only modify the signal from the MAP sensor, would the way (RPM, gear, etc.) in which these tunes modulate the signal sent to the ECU be significant, or do they just trick the ECU into seeing boost that is lower by a fixed amount across the board?

If one adjusted the different stage 1 tunes to the same boost and compared them, would they perform differently or would they be exactly the same?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #248
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermike View Post
Works for the N20, unsure about the N55

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1098498
Thanks man, that's the dilemma we N55 owners have, if it fits or not... I'm still waiting for a fellow owner to try and let us know
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #249
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtlwulf View Post
not sure if this was covered, but what is the difference between RC ultimate and RC Pro? will RC Pro be sufficient ?
Here xtlwulf , the differences

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/b...40kw/index.php
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #250
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2-BM35i View Post
Quick question -

Have you found throttle response to be even better than standard with RC ?

With my S1 my throttle response in sport mode is v good !
Petrol engines are not suppose to touch S1, only S2..
Someone tested S1 and made no difference since its dedicated for Diesel engines.
What are your settings currently?

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #251
LongBeachDinanFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Béhème View Post
Is it safe to say that stage 1 tunes basically only add boost (some being adjustable) and that the more advanced stage 2 tunes also influence other parameters (some tunes being more customizable than others)?

Given that the stage 1 tunes only modify the signal from the MAP sensor, would the way (RPM, gear, etc.) in which these tunes modulate the signal sent to the ECU be significant, or do they just trick the ECU into seeing boost that is lower by a fixed amount across the board?

If one adjusted the different stage 1 tunes to the same boost and compared them, would they perform differently or would they be exactly the same?
Yes the resellers who load the software on these piggybacks can program them as they wish. Some tuners prefer less boost and others prefer more. Higher boost levels can trigger hidden air mass tuner detection codes. Some tuners also have an agenda for example I suspect BMS makes theirs more mild to encourage their customers to buy their more expensive JB4 device while AFE only sells one device and sets it stronger so customers feel it's making a big difference. This RC box is a universal system with a dial and they market it for every turbo car under the sun.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 11:30 PM   #252
cgeaves
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man, that's the dilemma we N55 owners have, if it fits or not... I'm still waiting for a fellow owner to try and let us know
Bought it for my 2014 M235i (N55) and installed it a week ago. It fits but you do have to work with it to get it back in there. It's like a puzzles and there is only one way it will go. Once you snake it back in it works perfectly. The only hitch is that the hole in the air scoop does not line up with the hole on the frame so it is not bolted in but it doesn't need it to stay put. It is totally secured when you reattach the grid piece after the scoop is in place. Be sure to get the rubber piece locked in all the way around the grid.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #253
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeaves View Post
Bought it for my 2014 M235i (N55) and installed it a week ago. It fits but you do have to work with it to get it back in there. It's like a puzzles and there is only one way it will go. Once you snake it back in it works perfectly. The only hitch is that the hole in the air scoop does not line up with the hole on the frame so it is not bolted in but it doesn't need it to stay put. It is totally secured when you reattach the grid piece after the scoop is in place. Be sure to get the rubber piece locked in all the way around the grid.
Nice, could you share some pics on how it looks?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 09:22 AM   #254
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, 991 C2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
Petrol engines are not suppose to touch S1, only S2..
Someone tested S1 and made no difference since its dedicated for Diesel engines.
What are your settings currently?
Does he not mean an Audi S1 rather than a setting?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 09:39 AM   #255
cgeaves
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Nice, could you share some pics on how it looks?
Sure, I'll get some pics in the next day or two.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 10:35 AM   #256
Béhème
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Yes the resellers who load the software on these piggybacks can program them as they wish. Some tuners prefer less boost and others prefer more. Higher boost levels can trigger hidden air mass tuner detection codes. Some tuners also have an agenda for example I suspect BMS makes theirs more mild to encourage their customers to buy their more expensive JB4 device while AFE only sells one device and sets it stronger so customers feel it's making a big difference. This RC box is a universal system with a dial and they market it for every turbo car under the sun.

You are echoing many of my thoughts....
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #257
Béhème
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
.......After I completed the installation I left the reset plug into the end of cable and gave the car a quick start to check for engine codes or issues; wasn't 100% sold that you can plug the cable into either MAP sensor. No codes, and no errors, so I unplug and removed the reset plug and plugged the RaceChips Ultimate computer in. Started up the car and took it for my usually 1 1/2 mile loop test around the neighborhood......
How exactly doses this reset plug work? Is it a quick way to bypass the RC?

I'm looking for a tune for my completely stock car (motorwise that is) that I can use on the track, and easily bypass for the street.

If the RC turns out to have at least as much power as say the afeScorcher, and is quickly bypassable, I'm in.

I'm therefore impatiently waiting for more impartial feedback on it's performance.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 09:36 PM   #258
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Thoughts on this 42pilot opasha pdawg Trojanlaw

Quote:
I'm looking for a tune for my completely stock car (motorwise that is) that I can use on the track, and easily bypass for the street.
If the RC turns out to have at least as much power as say the afeScorcher, and is quickly bypassable, I'm in.
I'm therefore impatiently waiting for more impartial feedback on it's performance.

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #259
Béhème
Private First Class
Rep

Have comments on the RC all dried up?

No new experiences?

Can it be bypassed without removing it?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #260
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Have comments on the RC all dried up?

No new experiences?

Can it be bypassed without removing it?
I think so... you just plug a little connector that bypasses the tune
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:36 PM   #261
LongBeachDinanFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

With only two plugs I imagine any of these can be installed and removed in under sixty seconds.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #262
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

Too true ~! Agree
Quote:
With only two plugs I imagine any of these can be installed and removed in under sixty seconds.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 07:40 PM   #263
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

Would need to confirm with RaceChip tech. support if the bypass plug can be left in so you are running the car in stock mode. The instructions only mention using the bypass plug as a reset device to use before removing from the car. Could be a electronic reset for the cables before plugging the factory cables back in.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #264
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Would need to confirm with RaceChip tech. support if the bypass plug can be left in so you are running the car in stock mode. The instructions only mention using the bypass plug as a reset device to use before removing from the car. Could be a electronic reset for the cables before plugging the factory cables back in.
the plug just closes the circuit so the signal goes unmodified to the ECU between the stock out connector and the rc in connector....

basically you disconnect the rc box and connect the plug which just connects the 2 wires... making it just a longer wire from the sensor to the ECU.... nothing else...
Appreciate 1